COVID-19/Coronavirus thread

caulfield12

Just now, Tony said:

No way it's a coincidence. 

Trump has now brought up the flu multiple times this press conference, and just mentioned how many people die in car accidents every year, and we don't just stop driving our cars. The downplaying of this has now begun.

Begun? He never stopped really. Softened a bit, but now going back to dismissing it again.

He really doesn't get math, or even the basics of how these things work that he could glean by just listening to his own experts.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

Guy I disagree with says something completely rational and coherent.

Let's take shots at him.  Its the American way.

Graham occasionally takes shots at Trump, but then as soon as it is time to do something that requires some real fortitude, he folds.  He will never vote against him or take a real stance at a time that isn't just for show.  It has been that way for years now.  Trump humiliated him during the campaign, and occasionally he would hit back, but when it was time to do something about it he folded.  This kind of stuff is all for show.  Get back to me when Lindsey Graham gets permission from Trump to carry his own testicles again.

• Love 2

6 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Graham occasionally takes shots at Trump, but then as soon as it is time to do something that requires some real fortitude, he folds.  He will never vote against him or take a real stance at a time that isn't just for show.  It has been that way for years now.  Trump humiliated him during the campaign, and occasionally he would hit back, but when it was time to do something about it he folded.  This kind of stuff is all for show.  Get back to me when Lindsey Graham gets permission from Trump to carry his own testicles again.

Lindsey is a girl's name  < for old times sake

It's like everyone other than Trump sees the situation deepening and a need for the whole country to do more, but he's already mentally leaped to the end game and wants so badly to open the doors again.

Are any disease experts actually saying it should be time to open things up again in a week, like he says he's looking forward to?

I understand wanting to open the doors. Hell, everybody wants to get back to normal. In theory I even like allowing state and local governments to make decisions for their local areas. But the feds should be the most pessimistic. 

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

Man dies in Arizona and wife is in critical condition after taking drug Trump suggested. Other deaths reported overseas as well. 

https://www.axios.com/chloroquine-coronavirus-death-09c91a91-4fe7-472c-9de9-79b890aa8fff.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic&utm_content=1100

Wow, could you possibly slant this story more?

Trump just said today that the drug is being tested and he is hopeful.  Your article says the guy self-medicated with it.  I don’t recall Trump telling people to take this drug on their own.

Talk about “fake news”...  🙄

Idiotic self-medicating without seeking medical advice is the reason these people are dying, not Trump.

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Wow, could you possibly slant this story more?

Trump just said today that the drug is being tested.  Your article says the guy self-medicated with it.  I don’t recall Trump telling people to take this drug on their own.

Talk about “fake news”...  🙄

After 58 years on this planet revolving around the sun it is obvious to me that people would buy it and try it. It would have been better to not mention the drugs specifically. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tony said:

Reading the tea leaves, I feel like this is how the next 15 days are going to shake out, and it's going to get way more political than it already has. Trump is getting a tremendous amount of pressure from CEO's, business owners and his friends at Fox that a date needs to be given when businesses will be back open, and people can resume living their lives. Medical professionals will say this isn't the right idea or plan, but those that support Trump will follow his lead. The question is what governors will do and how they follow suit. But if half the country isn't practicing social distancing, I don't know how this thing ends. Are we just going to get to a point where you just have to "risk it" when you go out, hope for the best while they work for a vaccine? 

Seems like capital is coming up against human lives. 

Bet it’ll be a real nail biter

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Texsox said:

After 58 years on this planet revolving around the sun it is obvious to me that people would buy it and try it. It would have been better to not mention the drugs specifically. 

Seems more like natural selection to me.  Trump literally said in his press conference today that they are testing the drug to see if it is harmful in its interaction with COVID-19.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Seems more like natural selection to me.  Trump literally said in his press conference today that they are testing the drug to see if it is harmful in its interaction with COVID-19.

Turns out that because of people now hoarding it, there are medical facilities that can't get it to attempt tests. 

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Turns out that because of people now hoarding it, there are medical facilities that can't get it to attempt tests. 

And people who need it for existing conditions, like Lupus, are having trouble getting it too. All because of the president's verbal diarrhea.

I agree that people self-medicating with it is dumb on it's face. People do stupid things regardless of Trump. But he can't just go saying the incorrect stuff he does (saying how powerful it is and can be a treatment when that is not at all known yet) and not expect consequences.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

You guys realize that the drug was mentioned as a potential COVID-19 solution by people before Trump up to 10 days ago, right?

https://www.wired.com/story/an-old-malaria-drug-may-fight-covid-19-and-silicon-valleys-into-it/

You realize he's the President of the United States and the President endorsing a medication untested for a condition that is causing panic is going to cause people to take that drug immediately without regard for whether or not they need it or have other issues?

Apparently not. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

You realize he's the President of the United States and the President endorsing a medication untested for a condition that is causing panic is going to cause people to take that drug immediately without regard for whether or not they need it or have other issues?

Apparently not. 

Where is the anger for James Todaro?  The blood from any deaths from misuse of Chloroquine before Trump mentioned it should be on his hands!  Afterall, he mentioned it first.

I heard Trump say he was hopeful about this drug but it was still in testing, to see whether or not it would be harmful when reacting with COVID-19.  I watched the press conference and actually paid attention.  Some people would rather blame the POTUS for the idiotic self-medicating actions made by a few people.  I blame those people, not James Todaro or Trump.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Where is the anger for James Todaro?  The blood from any deaths from misuse of Chloroquine before Trump mentioned it should be on his hands!  Afterall, he mentioned it first.

I heard Trump say he was hopeful about this drug but it was still in testing, to see whether or not it would be harmful when reacting with COVID-19.  I watched the press conference and actually paid attention.  Some people would rather blame the POTUS for the idiotic self-medicating actions made by a few people.  I blame those people, not James Todaro or Trump.

The President should not say to use something until it has actually been tested and is a medically verified recommendation. He's the f***ing President. 

• Love 3

7 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

You can't actually be putting this guy on the same level of influence as the President.  I mean Mitt Romney proposed giving everyone $1000, two days later the President picks it up, and ever since then the Cult of Trump thinks it is the President's idea and is passing around "not your President" memes about the check like Romney didn't give him the idea.

The simple fact is there is a vulnerable part of the population who hangs on his every word.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

The President should not say to use something until it has actually been tested and is a medically verified recommendation. He's the f***ing President. 

He didn’t say to use it.  He talked about the drug being in testing and being hopeful that something good will come out of it.  Read my post again.  Have you actually been watching/listening to his COVID-19 briefings?  It sure doesn’t seem like it...

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Dude he's the fucking POTUS. What arent you grasping. He had a cult like following who will listen to him at all costs. 

He's the leader of the biggest economy and most powerful military in the world. He should be cautious, articulate, and rational when he speaks about mattersile this. Making shit up and spouting off nonsense is dangerous for the people, period. He has misled and lied about drugs, tests, a website and companies making masks because all he cares about is the market. I'm not sure how anyone can defend his work throughout this and how anyone can defend him citing "miracle drugs" that have not been tested and approved! He needs to be responsible, honest and composed. He gone.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NorthSideSox72 said:

It's like everyone other than Trump sees the situation deepening and a need for the whole country to do more, but he's already mentally leaped to the end game and wants so badly to open the doors again.

Are any disease experts actually saying it should be time to open things up again in a week, like he says he's looking forward to?

This is all about him and his businesses. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

You can't actually be putting this guy on the same level of influence as the President.  I mean Mitt Romney proposed giving everyone $1000, two days later the President picks it up, and ever since then the Cult of Trump thinks it is the President's idea and is passing around "not your President" memes about the check like Romney didn't give him the idea.

The simple fact is there is a vulnerable part of the population who hangs on his every word.

It was sarcasm.  My point was, should we also blame Todaro for any Chloroquine deaths that occurred as a result of his tweet?  No, obviously not.

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Haha 1

Just now, Moan4Yoan said:

It was sarcasm.  My point was, should we also blame Todaro for any Chloroquine deaths that occurred as a result of his tweet?  No, obviously not.

My point was this is another failed "what about"ism effort to try to excuse the President's irresponsible actions by falsely attributing them to someone else. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

My point was this is another failed "what about"ism effort to try to excuse the President's irresponsible actions by falsely attributing them to someone else. 

Or it’s just another excuse for the other side to put more blame on Trump for anything and everything.

• Haha 1