COVID-19/Coronavirus thread

caulfield12

Retweeted by the President:

• "They should take a SERIOUS LOOK at this..." Chuck Callesto wrote in the tweet posted to the president's account, with a link to a story with the headline "REPORT: French Doctor Reports 100 % Cure Rate Using Malaria Drug to Treat Corona Virus."

The president should be dealing in facts, not internet circulated nonsense.

I wonder why supporters of trump would turn to drugs like this with a 100% success rate as reported by the president. Sigh.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 2

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Yes, blame people for taking the leader of the free world at his world. That really is a dumb idea, isn't it?

I listened to his word.  He never told me to take a drug before testing was completed and without seeking the advice of a doctor first.  Thanks for proving my point.

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

Turns out that because of people now hoarding it, there are medical facilities that can't get it to attempt tests. 

Used for lupus, among others.   Now the patients who really need it are being denied by hoarding.

Without knowing more about the potential side effects when taken in combination, there’s no need to mention ANY specific drugs.

Anyone notice Dr. Fauci sidelined today after he said “it’s not like I can push him out of the way and take the mike.”

The president also mentioned Regeneron as a drug, it’s actually a company.  Or maybe he just threw it all out together intentionally, who knows?

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Man dies in Arizona and wife is in critical condition after taking drug Trump suggested. Other deaths reported overseas as well. 

https://www.axios.com/chloroquine-coronavirus-death-09c91a91-4fe7-472c-9de9-79b890aa8fff.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic&utm_content=1100

These people consumed aquarium cleaner. They deserve a Darwin award. Anyone blaming Trump for that is being dumb.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

And...if you’re going to start copying Governor Cuomo’s PPT style...at least make it so everyone can read what they say.

VP Pence was standing around looking bored and reading the slide.  Meanwhile, Dr. Birx was basically calling out Rand Paul for not following the stated guidelines.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Or it’s just another excuse for the other side to put more blame on Trump for anything and everything.

Don't try to support anything that has to do with Trump around here, not going to go well even if most rational people agree. 

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

These people drank aquarium cleaner. They deserve a Darwin award. Anyone blaming Trump for that is being dumb.

A man died and his wife needed critical care after they both took a drug meant for aquariums that contains chloroquine, which President Trump recently touted as a treatment for COVID-19 in spite of a lack of study by health officials or approval by the World Health Organization.

According to the Banner Health hospital system in Phoenix, the couple, both in their sixties, ingested chloroquine phosphate, "an additive commonly used at aquariums to clean fish tanks." One aquarium supply store online described it as a "wonder drug" that was once only available through veterinarians — for saltwater fish, not humans. The site is currently sold out of the drug.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/briannasacks/man-died-chloroquine-phosphate-coronavirus

Where could they possibly get the idea chloroquine would be beneficial from a medical standpoint?

Or poisoning people in other countries, like Nigeria...from the noted conservative NY Post.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/22/nigeria-reports-poisonings-from-possible-coronavirus-drug-chloroquine/

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Don't try to support anything that has to do with Trump around here, not going to go well even if most rational people agree. 

What is rational is that this is a health care crisis, first and foremost.  

Sen. Lindsey Graham asked what good does it do to address the economic issues with $1.8 trillion  if the virus is still rampaging through our public health care systems like a wildfire...?    Makes sense to me!

Edited by caulfield12

15 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

These people consumed aquarium cleaner. They deserve a Darwin award. Anyone blaming Trump for that is being dumb.

Darwin Award indeed.  Damn Trump for telling them to ingest aquarium cleaner!

I love it when people jump the gun to blame the POTUS without having the entire story yet.  Oops...  😂

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Darwin Award indeed.  Damn Trump for telling them to ingest aquarium cleaner!

I love it when people jump the gun to blame the POTUS without having the entire story yet.  Oops...  😂

Would they have even thought of ingesting it but for Trump comments?

He shouldn't have said anything, hes  not qualified. Argue whatever you want.

• Like 3

They really are gearing up for the "hundreds of thousands of dead Americans to save the economy*" plan

*Six or seven figure deaths with a completely overwhelmed medical system coupled with enormous widespread medical debt will not actually save the economy

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, bmags said:

65k tests today.  Need to double that in a week or two. Cut down results time plus 300k tests per day capacity and I think we’d be where we need to open up.

That Cepheid test kit is supposed to be 45 minutes instead of 3 hours plus, but do they have enough reagents now?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

That Cepheid test kit is supposed to be 45 minutes instead of 3 hours plus, but do they have enough reagents now?

I’m not sure that many of our tests are even hitting the 4 hours or less mark. Still see most taking days (rand Paul)

The people who liked Trump before this ever started...still think he is doing a great job.  Those who couldn't stand Trump before this started...still blame him for this terrible situation.  Not one mind has been changed.  Big surprise!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Soxbadger said:

Would they have even thought of ingesting it but for Trump comments?

He shouldn't have said anything, hes  not qualified. Argue whatever you want.

Pretty slippery slope. Part of the job of the leader is to provide hope to people.  I wasn't a big fan of what he said, but when I read some of the posts on here around what he said about the drug, well, it sounds a lot worse than what was actually said.  I'm not the president's biggest fan (far from it), but I said long ago that people pointed so many fingers his way, that at some point, it forced the other side to just dig in and no listen to anything. Boy who cried wolf mentality and it was bad.  Reality is we are all dealt this cards and the more we can come together as people and a community through this, the better. 

In fact, I've been shocked about how few people where I live have actually been talking politics at all through this (and while I live in CA, I still live in an area that is very mixed, with a slight lean towards red). CA's governor has largely stayed away from pointing fingers at others and just focused on doing what he thinks is in the best interest of California (its been refreshing).  I'm sure I've missed somewhere that he's pointed the blame but I haven't seen it front and center on any local news program/article I've read.    

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Pretty slippery slope. Part of the job of the leader is to provide hope to people.  I wasn't a big fan of what he said, but when I read some of the posts on here around what he said about the drug, well, it sounds a lot worse than what was actually said.  I'm not the president's biggest fan (far from it), but I said long ago that people pointed so many fingers his way, that at some point, it forced the other side to just dig in and no listen to anything. Boy who cried wolf mentality and it was bad.  Reality is we are all dealt this cards and the more we can come together as people and a community through this, the better. 

In fact, I've been shocked about how few people where I live have actually been talking politics at all through this (and while I live in CA, I still live in an area that is very mixed, with a slight lean towards red). CA's governor has largely stayed away from pointing fingers at others and just focused on doing what he thinks is in the best interest of California (its been refreshing).  I'm sure I've missed somewhere that he's pointed the blame but I haven't seen it front and center on any local news program/article I've read.    

If we had a leader who out country ahead of self, the country would pick up that vibe. The W Bush election was about as ugly as they come, but when 9/11 happened,  W was smart enough to strike an inclusive tone for all Americans.  He understood that he was the American President and not one party's President.  That's why he saw a 90% approval rating coming out of 9/11. 

But if you don't embrace that style of leadership,  you don't set that tone. Welcome to 2020.

• Like 2

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

If we had a leader who out country ahead of self, the country would pick up that vibe. The W Bush election was about as ugly as they come, but when 9/11 happened,  W was smart enough to strike an inclusive tone for all Americans.  He understood that he was the American President and not one party's President.  That's why he saw a 90% approval rating coming out of 9/11. 

But if you don't embrace that style of leadership,  you don't set that tone. Welcome to 2020.

Leadership is not our commander in chief's strong suit. Stonewalling people and being a miserable person who grinds people into things...that is more his suit/style.  And its tough during a time like this. He's made matters worse as has all of the current modern day politics in general. Sucks that we are currently beyond the days where an individual could actually vote across the aisle without being completely butchered in public.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Leadership is not our commander in chief's strong suit. Stonewalling people and being a miserable person who grinds people into things...that is more his suit/style.  And its tough during a time like this. He's made matters worse as has all of the current modern day politics in general. Sucks that we are currently beyond the days where an individual could actually vote across the aisle without being completely butchered in public.  

The two political parties are so far apart on so many issues that reaching across the aisle feels like selling out your constituents. 

Congress is completely paralyzed, and it's a giant game of chicken. One side always caves, and the other always gets what they want by digging their heels in and throwing temper tantrums. 

The ideological gap is so huge that idk if we're going to be able to come together even when facing a non-human existential threat. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Its nice to be optimistic. But when the person is attacking people who are giving legitimate medical information, Im not going to give them a pass about "hope."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

Its nice to be optimistic. But when the person is attacking people who are giving legitimate medical information, Im not going to give them a pass about "hope."

I’m not going to go there but I didn’t think he was attacking the dr. I’ve seen trump attack..he does it all the time. This was tame relative to his usual ways. I hate to even say this because I am not a trump apologist. I Didn’t vote for him and I can’t stand him. 

• Like 2