COVID-19/Coronavirus thread

caulfield12

9 hours ago, greg775 said:

How do you get away with the personal insults of greg? This board had become kinder and gentler. I still haven't read your answer to my question about mental health? Why is my mental health disregarded as unimportant regarding being cooped in, being forced to grow long hair with all shops closed? When before corona it was ALL about mental health and "feelings" of people. Well my feeling is myself and many like me can't take being cooped up, jailed if you will. That's why I get out just a little bit in accordance to legal guidelines.

So what would you call the knowledgeable and intentional spread of potentially pandemic laced germs? 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, greg775 said:

How do you get away with the personal insults of greg? This board had become kinder and gentler. I still haven't read your answer to my question about mental health? Why is my mental health disregarded as unimportant regarding being cooped in, being forced to grow long hair with all shops closed? When before corona it was ALL about mental health and "feelings" of people. Well my feeling is myself and many like me can't take being cooped up, jailed if you will. That's why I get out just a little bit in accordance to legal guidelines.

I go out and walk the dog every day. I haven’t been within 10 feet of anyone. I don’t touch anything, including sign posts, benches, fences, or anything else that could be a contaminant. There are ways to do things in the world while still respecting the rules. You refuse.

You are concerned with personal insults. By touching things other people touch you are literally trying to kill people. Threatening to murder someone like you keep doing is a far more intense personal attack.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I don’t even want to know which statement this refers to.

Be nice to receive federal aid. Really, kiss my ring while people are dying? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, pettie4sox said:

Is that legal though?  He should just send whatever they need and then rip them later accordingly.  That can be his "reward" for doing this duties.

Can you think of any other times when he was legally required to do something and then interjected “but we would like you to do us a favor”? 51 Senators said that was legal enough, so why not?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, greg775 said:

Badger u are a reasonable person. I give the floor to badger. It seems to me we will be under this lockdown probably until next spring. A whole year of never leaving our houses. My question to you is a.) do you agree there will be no gatherings of more than 2-5 people til May 2021 or so and b.) can America survive that? Economy will be 80 percent unemployment; all small businesses closed and long expired. Will there be public unrest and starvation? and finally c.) Why are other countries getting a handle on this and we aren't?

A) hopefully by summer if we take it serious.

B) in chaos there is opportunity. - Sun Tzu. Some business will crash, some will excel. The bad times are what separates good leaders from bad, but we will get through 

C) Because the US is run like a cult and certain people do not hold the administration accountable. Instead of letting doctors/scientists make decisions so that we can get through this faster, we have a supreme leader trying to prove he is smarter than everyone else.

And when someone is brave enough to tell the truth they silence them and replace them.

That creates chaos because no one knows what is going or who to believe. We have the CDC and they are being silinced so that Trump can hold a daily misinformation political rally.

20 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The same thing will happen here. People will die because they have it with underlying conditions and not be tested. The underlying conditions will be the cause of death.

Does anyone know how Trumps 2 friends who have recovered from the virus without even seeing a doctor got tested?

2 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

I go out and walk the dog every day. I haven’t been within 10 feet of anyone. I don’t touch anything, including sign posts, benches, fences, or anything else that could be a contaminant. There are ways to do things in the world while still respecting the rules. You refuse.

You are concerned with personal insults. By touching things other people touch you are literally trying to kill people. Threatening to murder someone like you keep doing is a far more intense personal attack.

You still won't address mental health of greg. I need to get out or my mental problems will escalate. Health professionals have said by all means go to the park just practice social distancing. I go to the store and buy food when I need it rather than hoard. I do the drive through for coffee once a day. I sit in the park tables 3 hours a day. No one is ever there. You are saying over and over I am a murderer wannabee and yet I do nothing that is not condoned by the health experts. You say I am "literally trying to kill people." You say I am "threatening to murder someone." That is offensive and wrong and mean and cruel. I am doing nothing illegal and I'm trying to kill? Right.

And you fail to address my mental health because you realize suddenly mental health of people mean nothing to people like you in this crisis. When before it was all about each individual's mental health and not offending them with pronouns, etc. And again you said I don't "respect the rules." OK ... name one rule I'm breaking. You are that upset I sit at a table in the park with nobody else in the vicinity and get a drive through coffee and food? All which are allowed? Thanks for nothing.

Edited by greg775

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

You still won't address mental health of greg. I need to get out or my mental problems will escalate. Health professionals have said by all means go to the park just practice social distancing. I go to the store and buy food when I need it rather than hoard. I do the drive through for coffee once a day. I sit in the park tables 3 hours a day. No one is ever there. You are saying over and over I am a murderer wannabee and yet I do nothing that is not condoned by the health experts. You say I am "literally trying to kill people." You say I am "threatening to murder someone." That is offensive and wrong and mean and cruel. I am doing nothing illegal and I'm trying to kill? Right.

And you fail to address my mental health because you realize suddenly mental health of people mean nothing to people like you in this crisis. When before it was all about each individual's mental health and not offending them with pronouns, etc. And again you said I don't "respect the rules." OK ... name one rule I'm breaking. You are that upset I sit at a table in the park with nobody else in the vicinity and get a drive through coffee and food? All which are allowed? Thanks for nothing.

The Virus has been clearly established to survive on surfaces such as stainless steel or plastic, such as your park tables, for up to 3 days. Do you own the park tables themselves? Can you verify that they are isolated every hour of the day after you leave, no other person has touched them in the previous 72 hours? If not, you are putting yourself at risk by touching them every single time. Thus, you are absolutely violating social distancing rules and putting yourself and everyone around you at risk. 

Please stop. Please. For everyone's sake please stop.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

The Virus has been clearly established to survive on surfaces such as stainless steel or plastic, such as your park tables, for up to 3 days. Do you own the park tables themselves? Can you verify that they are isolated every hour of the day after you leave, no other person has touched them in the previous 72 hours? If not, you are putting yourself at risk by touching them every single time. Thus, you are absolutely violating social distancing rules and putting yourself and everyone around you at risk. 

Please stop. Please. For everyone's sake please stop.

Do you put gas in your car?

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Do you put gas in your car?

I'm going to have to later this week. I'm probably going to combine it with a Dr. visit (required) and a grocery run. I'm almost certainly wearing a mask during the run, every time I do any step where I have to touch stuff I'll do a hand sanitizer squirt, I'm going to disinfect all the groceries that go in the fridge with lysol along with the table they're sitting on, and everything non-perishable is going to spend 3 days sitting in the garage. 

The more people who act like this isn't a big deal, the bigger of a deal it will be.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

I'm going to have to later this week. I'm probably going to combine it with a Dr. visit (required) and a grocery run. I'm almost certainly wearing a mask during the run, every time I do any step where I have to touch stuff I'll do a hand sanitizer squirt, I'm going to disinfect all the groceries that go in the fridge with lysol along with the table they're sitting on, and everything non-perishable is going to spend 3 days sitting in the garage. 

To me getting gas is a huge problem. You have to make sure you disinfect the entire apparatus you touch, probably have to wear gloves, and if you miss a spot, it’s on your door handle steering wheel and keys, and credit card. The the snowball starts really rolling downhill.

13 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

To me getting gas is a huge problem. You have to make sure you disinfect the entire apparatus you touch, probably have to wear gloves, and if you miss a spot, it’s on your door handle steering wheel and keys, and credit card. The the snowball starts really rolling downhill.

Until right now I didn't think about how difficult the credit card step was going to be. Thank you.

Greg, KS Gov just issued new orders.

https://www.kansascity.com/news/coronavirus/article241587466.html

KS and MO hospitals issuing warning about lack of PPE’s/testing/beds and potentially being overwhelmed.

Money (actual bills and coins) even becomes a problem, because there was a fear here that it could carry the virus.

Almost everything went to electronic transactions...and it was already nearly there in the first place.   Paranoia about touching ATM or elevator buttons reigned supreme.

As far as I know, all physical money was taken back by Beijing and burned out of an abundance of caution.

Edited by caulfield12

36 minutes ago, greg775 said:

You still won't address mental health of greg. I need to get out or my mental problems will escalate. Health professionals have said by all means go to the park just practice social distancing. I go to the store and buy food when I need it rather than hoard. I do the drive through for coffee once a day. I sit in the park tables 3 hours a day. No one is ever there. You are saying over and over I am a murderer wannabee and yet I do nothing that is not condoned by the health experts. You say I am "literally trying to kill people." You say I am "threatening to murder someone." That is offensive and wrong and mean and cruel. 

Two questions, Greg:

1. Do you have any diagnosed mental illness conditions?

2. I'm a veteran.  I havent left body parts behind on a foreign battlefield, and I havent suffered any ill long term physical or mental issues from having served. My 2nd question to you is this: What do YOU consider a reasonable degree of service/sacrifice from an average American?

Thanks, Greg. I KNOW you can find these answers, then go back to handling Greg's well-being.