COVID-19/Coronavirus thread

caulfield12

56 minutes ago, Flash said:

Doofus is giving update now. Can't complete a sentence without offroading into incoherence despite the fact he is reading.

Watch him when someone else is talking. He stands at the side swinging his arms and swaying back and forth like a six year old in church. 
Sounds like he’s ready to ignore the health experts so we “can get back to work.”

19 minutes ago, Middle Buffalo said:

Watch him when someone else is talking. He stands at the side swinging his arms and swaying back and forth like a six year old in church. 
Sounds like he’s ready to ignore the health experts so we “can get back to work.”

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/04/politics/republican-governors-stay-at-home-orders-coronavirus/index.html
And those holdout governors are still taking their cues straight from the White House and their own often less-experienced public health officials over Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tensions-persist-between-trump-medical-141306900.html

Edited by caulfield12

About time someone like Gates is giving *billions*. Meanwhile that asswipe who owns Facebook gave about .06% of his net worth to the cause as if I'm supposed to be impressed, just as the shithead Amazon CEO is asking for help to pay his employees despite being the world's richest man. We'd have a vaccine tomorrow if more people worth north of $30B gave *billions* but no, they're donating a million. Big deal

• Love 1

Another analogy on the states not issuing stay at home orders.

Would you get onto a plane where there was a smoking section in the back where 4% (let’s say 12-15 passengers) were putting that smoke into the ecosystem and having it recirculate around the plane...? 

And still almost writing hydrochloroquine prescriptions when we don’t yet know the side effects when taking it with a cocktail of other drugs...based on purely anecdotal evidence?   WTH?  Especially with those patients with underlying conditions, which could exacerbate them or even lead to death in extreme examples...this is the polar opposite of evidence-based science.

People are now being COVID tested when they get on and off planes?  No evidence that anything close to that is happening.  Mutters a response.

“I don’t know.  Check it out!”   That’s the best we can do here in the US?

Edited by caulfield12

10 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

About time someone like Gates is giving *billions*. Meanwhile that asswipe who owns Facebook gave about .06% of his net worth to the cause as if I'm supposed to be impressed, just as the shithead Amazon CEO is asking for help to pay his employees despite being the world's richest man. We'd have a vaccine tomorrow if more people worth north of $30B gave *billions* but no, they're donating a million. Big deal

I mean the gates foundation has been an incredible asset for public health. It’s cool that they are doing this but this should be a us government function. 

• Love 2

7 minutes ago, bmags said:

I mean the gates foundation has been an incredible asset for public health. It’s cool that they are doing this but this should be a us government function. 

Absolutely it should, but I lost hope for those morons regarding ANYTHING months and months ago. Jeff Bezos asking for public aid to pay his employees despite being worth TWELVE figures is laughable. He should've volunteered to be worth 11 figures and donated $12B to this. Asshole.

Edited by soxfan49
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Absolutely it should, but I lost hope for those morons regarding ANYTHING months and months ago. Jeff Bezos asking for public aid to pay his employees despite being worth TWELVE figures is laughable. He should've volunteered to be worth 11 figures and donated $12B to this. Asshole.

I agree with you just saying Gates is basically the one billionaire who has used his wealth in an extraordinary way for the public. 

26 minutes ago, bmags said:

I agree with you just saying Gates is basically the one billionaire who has used his wealth in an extraordinary way for the public. 

Warren Buffett (who’s essentially leveraging his wealth with Gates) and Ted Turner...George Soros, but only if you agree with his Open Society reforms.

Zuckerberg, but his donations are usually more self-serving and we’re just learning the full extent of negative externalities created by FB.   His wife’s health care initiatives, though, have been more impressive and less controversial.

11 minutes ago, Quin said:

We were at 7,000 deaths at 10 am.

Now we're at 8,000.

Yet, some people are still in denial. About the graveness of anything and about the president with no clothes. I saw a stat of people recovered and it put the number close to 9,000. It is nice to get some good news.

Next time Trump brags about shutting down travel from China, which will be the next press conference since he never fails to mention it, just remember 45 countries shut it down before him including Italy, and at least 430,000 passengers arrived from China since the outbreak began including over 40:000 after he shut it down.

• Like 2

Still can't believe the federal government is turning over medical supplies to private distributors who then mark them up and force states and hospitals to bid against each other.

Wonder what sort of financial stake some of them have in these companies.

Edit: not just turning over their own supply but seizing orders by the states

Edited by StrangeSox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, StrangeSox said:

Still can't believe the federal government is turning over medical supplies to private distributors who then mark them up and force states and hospitals to bid against each other.

Wonder what sort of financial stake some of them have in these companies.

Edit: not just turning over their own supply but seizing orders by the states

It will be interesting to see how often this happens to states with Dem governors, and how often the supplies end up in GOP or battleground election states.

Battle of Asymptomatic Transmission is a Thing Gov. Brian Kemp vs Tybee Island (beach community) 

As the Pentagon ordered 100,000 body bags to store the corpses of Americans killed by the Coronavirus, Governor Brian Kemp dictated that Georgia beaches must reopen, and declared any decision-makers who refused to follow these orders would face prison and/or fines," Sessions' statement read. 

"Tybee City Council and I are devastated by the sudden directives and do not support his decisions. The health of our residents, staff and visitors are being put at risk and we will pursue legal avenues to overturn his reckless mandate."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/04/us/tybee-island-georgia-beaches-open/index.html

Edited by caulfield12

The ongoing cruelty and pettiness is condition normal, no biggie. I will ensure that he never disowns what he did to cripple our pandemic response. I will paint messages on Willis Tower if I have to. You own this buddy. 

• Like 1

January 3 China notifies US of viral outbreak followed by cover-up about viral transmission. Former US technical rep in Wuhan was removed by US by or before this benchmark.

March 13 US declares national emergency. The 70 days of US reaction/ response in between are quite disturbing. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, pcq said:

January 3 China notifies US of viral outbreak followed by cover-up about viral transmission. Former US technical rep in Wuhan was removed by US by or before this benchmark.

March 13 US declares national emergency. The 70 days of US reaction/ response in between are quite disturbing. 

The federal government's response to this has been abysmal. There has been plenty of denial, lack of urgency, and almost no competence. It is still abysmal. It is not just disturbing; it is outrageous. And the idiots who ranted about hoaxes should crawl into a hole and never come out. We've lost valuable time, and people died as a result. Trump has his nerve running for re-election. He should be resigning.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

The federal government's response to this has been abysmal. There has been plenty of denial, lack of urgency, and almost no competence. It is still abysmal. It is not just disturbing; it is outrageous. And the idiots who ranted about hoaxes should crawl into a hole and never come out. We've lost valuable time, and people died as a result. Trump has his nerve running for re-election. He should be resigning.

Someone should ask POTUS if he is a wartime President or a federal back up. You can’t  be both.

• Like 1

Just now, Dick Allen said:

Someone should ask POTUS if he is a wartime President or a federal back up. You can’t  be both.

It's really a state problem, the Feds should not be involved. Did you see I am #1 on Facebook? 

• Like 1

Just now, NWINFan said:

Not to distract you but there will be rampant cheating followed by civil upheaval. It will be a year like no other.