COVID-19/Coronavirus thread

caulfield12

19 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Would you blame Trump if somebody does that and dies?

If he told people to inject bleach and they did it, yes hed have culpability.

He is the President of the US his words matter and have consequences. The best thing he can do is be quiet and let professionals take over.

This isnt about Democrat or Republican anymore, its about trying to salvage ourselves from disaster. He needs to either man up or get out of the way.

Edited by Soxbadger
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Would you blame Trump if somebody does that and dies?

If your son or daughter’s teachers or minister/pastor provided the exact same advice, and one of their classmates or best friends died, who do you think would/should be held accountable?

Let’s imagine just for the sake of argument they are already 18.

“You don’t earn trust by telling people how good you did.  You earn it by saying the hard stuff.”

Edited by caulfield12

2 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Household toilet paper demand has increased by about 80% over the past 2 months. It's not hoarding, it's actually that more people are at home and fewer people are at work, so people aren't using the bathroom at work. 

Unless you have one of the large industrial sized dispensers in your house, the factories have to retool to adjust to demand and that takes time.

Originally there was hoarding before stores put limits on it. People panicked and overbought.

1 hour ago, Soxbadger said:

If he told people to inject bleach and they did it, yes hed have culpability.

He is the President of the US his words matter and have consequences. The best thing he can do is be quiet and let professionals take over.

This isnt about Democrat or Republican anymore, its about trying to salvage ourselves from disaster. He needs to either man up or get out of the way.

Dan Bernstein put it the best. “Listen to doctors and only listen to people who listen to doctors.” The President should take to that advice instead of being on the wrong side of history with not dealing with facts and sending mixed messages.

• Like 1

“Supposing we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light ... and then I said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. And I think you said you’re gonna test that,” Trump said, addressing Bryan. “And then I see disinfectant, where it knocks it [coronavirus] out in a minute — one minute — and is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that. So, that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me.”

Donald J Trump

• Like 2

5 hours ago, greg775 said:

Scary stories out there about food shortages coming. Especially no meat. Once we start having to stand in line overnight to be allowed to hoard food ... violence will ensue. Just my opinion. If they are going to stockpile toilet paper (and they haven't stopped hoarding it) wait til they get to the food when it's announced shortages are coming.

Stores will put limits on food to stop hoarding. 

“Bryan, who is the DHS undersecretary for science and technology, is not a medical doctor. Rather, he has a master of science in strategic intelligence from the Joint Military Intelligence College in Washington, D.C. and a bachelor of science in logistics systems management from Colorado Technical University in Colorado Springs, CO, according to his bio.”

Why are we not getting advice from real, qualified doctors...?  With each week that passes, we actually get less medical insights and more stream of consciousness political ranting.

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

“Supposing we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light ... and then I said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. And I think you said you’re gonna test that,” Trump said, addressing Bryan. “And then I see disinfectant, where it knocks it [coronavirus] out in a minute — one minute — and is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that. So, that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me.”

Donald J Trump

And his supporters say sleepy Joe is the one who has lost it? 

13 minutes ago, The Beast said:

And his supporters say sleepy Joe is the one who has lost it? 

Isn’t it amazing that the greatest organization of people the world has ever seen (USA) somehow can’t find 2 better candidates than these 2 idiots?  We don’t have better leaders to select from among the 330 million?  

Baffles me every 4 years.  The people gotta take it back one of these days.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tony said:

Would you blame someone for thinking this orange asshole is a complete embarrassment on every possible metric measured?  

Nope. But I think it was over the top when people blamed him for those idiots drinking coy pond cleaner. There are plenty of things to blame him for and hold him accountable for. Blaming him for everything and anything just gives credence to his "fake news" ramblings and makes his supporters believe it even more. 

If somebody injected themselves with bleach, it would be absurd to blame Trump. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Isn’t it amazing that the greatest organization of people the world has ever seen (USA) somehow can’t find 2 better candidates than these 2 idiots?  We don’t have better leaders to select from among the 330 million?  

Baffles me every 4 years.  The people gotta take it back one of these days.  

I wouldn’t say Biden is an idiot, but I would like to see more legitimate choices without money in politics. Ending Citizens United would be a good start. There’s too much power concentrated in two parties, making independent moderates like me having to have a binary choice - for or against Trump. Instead of picking someone like Buttigieg or another moderate.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Nope. But I think it was over the top when people blamed him for those idiots drinking coy pond cleaner. There are plenty of things to blame him for and hold him accountable for. Blaming him for everything and anything just gives credence to his "fake news" ramblings and makes his supporters believe it even more. 

>Trump says this thing helps covid-19

>Supporter does thing because POTUS is pushing it even though he doesn't understand it, and gets hurt/dies

>People say Trump is responsible for pushing thing not backed/vetted by science 

>Others say: Fake news. This is why people support Trump!

Politics in 2020 everybody. 

Edited by YoYoIsMyHero
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

He's the President of the United States. His official public statements should be treated as non-credible ramblings that are inherently dangerous every time they are heard? I'm pretty sure you just stretched so far that you accidentally gave a complete justification for the 25th amendment being invoked. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

So you are trying to argue that people shouldn't be stupid enough to listen to the President. 

Makes sense to me. Too bad 45% of voters are in the cult and not capable. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Im sorry Im not going to give a pass to the person who is in charge of a country who should be at the forefront of science and finding a way to resolve this crisis.

The President is providing a briefing every day, isnt the point of the briefing that he is supposed to be providing the US valuable information on how to get through this? We should be able to trust/listen to the President. Its absurd that we are living in a society where we should tune out the President and not hold him accountable for the statements that he makes.

It gives no credence to his statements. Absolutely none. 

• Like 4

If somebody reads into Trump's comments and think "I should shoot up some bleach", they are only speeding up their demise. If you're that fucking stupid, you will find some other way to accidentally kill yourself. 

1 minute ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

If somebody reads into Trump's comments and think "I should shoot up some bleach", they are only speeding up their demise. If you're that fucking stupid, you will find some other way to accidentally kill yourself. 

You seem to be missing the point that POTUS shouldn't be saying this stuff in the first place.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

As we found less than 50% of the population was responsible for speeding up our demise.

Hes the President of the United States, we shouldnt be making excuses for him. We claim we are the best health, best science and all that, and what has it gotten us so far when we really needed it? We have a President floating ideas that are so stupid, that we cant hold him accountable because they are so dumb that no one should even consider them?

That is exactly what is wrong with our country right now. That some people still think we need to make excuses for the person who is supposed to be running our country. 

Im an optimistic person, but when I look at my kids, I wonder if on my watch our world got changed for the worse. I did my little part, I argued as hard as I could, but its still on my damn watch that this shit went down.

Its unbearable that as I a normal person take more responsibility for this calamity than the President. And Im sorry if you think its cute to argue about it, but what is happening right now isnt cute, its not funny, its possibly the worst disaster in the history of the US. And our govt still has no sustainable plan.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, YoYoIsMyHero said:

You seem to be missing the point that POTUS shouldn't be saying this stuff in the first place.

Obviously. It was a dumb ass string of comments and didn't make sense. This is nothing new. You seem to be missing my point, so let me try to be crystal clear this time. 

If you deduce that Trump is advising you to shoot up with bleach and you do so, you are a fucking moron and I have zero sympathy. 

The sad part is this is something I can easily see Joe Biden saying on accident. The poor guy can barely out coherent sentences together sometimes. It's going to be 4 more years of Trump and this nonsense because Joe freaking Biden managed to win the primary. 

Edited by Yearnin' for Yermin
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Obviously. It was a dumb ass string of comments and didn't make sense. This is nothing new. You seem to be missing my point, so let me try to be crystal clear this time. 

If you deduce that Trump is advising you to shoot up with bleach and you do so, you are a fucking moron and I have zero sympathy. 

No one is missing your point, we are all just completely aghast that you are making the point in the first place. The fact that this has to be said, shows that he is completely unfit to be the assistant to my secretary.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

The sad part is this is something I can easily see Joe Biden saying on accident. The poor guy can barely out coherent sentences together sometimes. It's going to be 4 more years of Trump and this nonsense because Joe freaking Biden managed to win the primary. 

Don't forget to bring up Hilary and Obama