COVID-19/Coronavirus thread

caulfield12

27 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

This is good to see, though:

no more relief for tens of millions of people and thousands of businesses for at least a month

Seems like the obvious end game is that if any states show even a modest decline in new UI filings, they'll use that as an excuse to not provide any more relief especially to states that are wisely staying more locked down.

Edited by StrangeSox

Apparently, at least some reality is starting to set in at the WH. The V shaped recovery looks to be scrapped. The Jared "we will be rocking in July" I guess didn't happen. Everything coming back much sooner than anyone would believe, by the wayside. Now they are saying next year, of course after the election, it's going to be great. Everyone will have their job back. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, bmags said:

Would love to finish today with decent numbers but fridays have been brutal recently. Let's get a 20k testing day.

hell yes.

20,687 tests run today with 2887 cases, a 14% positive rate. Stubborn, slow, but turning the corner.

1/3rd of ICU beds full, 770 on ventilators.

9 minutes ago, bmags said:

hell yes.

20,687 tests run today with 2887 cases, a 14% positive rate. Stubborn, slow, but turning the corner.

1/3rd of ICU beds full, 770 on ventilators.

Good to see the number of tests staying high.  That, along with the positive rate not increasing.

3 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Apparently, at least some reality is starting to set in at the WH. The V shaped recovery looks to be scrapped. The Jared "we will be rocking in July" I guess didn't happen. Everything coming back much sooner than anyone would believe, by the wayside. Now they are saying next year, of course after the election, it's going to be great. Everyone will have their job back. 

I wonder why anyone would ever listen to Jared with his "success" stories. We all would like great news, but for that to happen, we have to face facts. I was quickly in and out of three stores today. Everyone had a mask. One shop had a glass partition between the cashiers and the public. I picked up some flowers for my wife and the place had their stock on a table outside the store. Curb side service at a bookstore. This kind of caution is the only way we are going to get out of this.

11 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

You're posting this today? We're already up to Katie Miller, the Vice President's spokesperson and Stephen Miller (Immigration Nazi)'s wife today. They at least temporarily pulled people off the Vice President's plane prior to flying to Iowa after she tested positive. So all those times when they aren't wearing masks around people...

4 minutes ago, YoYoIsMyHero said:

On a more light-hearted note, this is too true. Feels like I'm going though twice the amount I'm normally do.

Don't even get me started on the amount of dishes I've done.

Im starting to question if I'm saving money on food nowadays. No way day care is feeding my kids all this damn fruit.

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

Fortunately he's the healthiest president ever - although we don't get to see the medical records(tm)*

*used by permission

Was just wondering if Trump actually contracted Covid if they would even publicly admit it...?  He has been known to disappear for weeks at a time with only twitter blasts.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Was just wondering if Trump actually contracted Covid if they would even publicly admit it...?  He has been known to disappear for weeks at a time with only twitter blasts.  

I would certainly hope they would as the VP would have to stop all travel in case the President needs disabling treatment. I don’t like either but crisis mode in a nuclear power is a bad thing.

People would also notice if either all his aides disappeared from him if he was asymptomatic or if he stopped making public appearances for weeks.

But hell guys go on wear no masks. If both the president and Vice President are on ventilators we get a president Pelosi for a few days.

1 hour ago, bmags said:

Im starting to question if I'm saving money on food nowadays. No way day care is feeding my kids all this damn fruit.

I have everything auto-categorized in Quicken, and I was looking at April vs March. Groceries (includes toiletries and anything else from the grocery store) up about 40% for us (family of 4), but dining down about 65%. Overall saving some money, But yeah, I feel you on the fruits. And cheeses, and cereals, and anything bready.

12 minutes ago, NorthSideSox72 said:

I have everything auto-categorized in Quicken, and I was looking at April vs March. Groceries (includes toiletries and anything else from the grocery store) up about 40% for us (family of 4), but dining down about 65%. Overall saving some money, But yeah, I feel you on the fruits. And cheeses, and cereals, and anything bready.

Agreed. Grocery bill is WAY up, but dining out and gas are down by a lot more.  Impulse buys are also completely gone now.