COVID-19/Coronavirus thread

caulfield12

On 5/15/2020 at 6:15 AM, hogan873 said:

I'll get my hair cut, but I won't need to for a few weeks.  My daughter took the clippers to my head a couple weeks ago.  I usually get a flattop, but I had her just take a #3 all the way around.  I'll need to let it grow out some more in order to be able to get a flattop again.

Other than that, I don't see much changing.  With the warmer months approaching, there will be some opportunities to gather at friends' houses for cookouts, drinks, etc.

Phase 4 is the big one.  Restaurants and bars will be allowed to open with occupancy restrictions.  I don't see going out to eat right away after Phase 4, but I wouldn't be against going to one of the local breweries for a beer or two.

Let's hope that we continue on the trend and get to Phase 4 soon.

Tomorrow at church I'll be around people for the first time in 2 months. Then I get a haircut Thursday. I would hope my immune system can handle being moderately close to others. It can't be great not having been within six feet of somebody in 2 months. I don't want to die. Hopefully I won't get it and die.

Experts tell you after doing something for five days, it becomes habit. No wonder so many people will be scared to death to try the old normal, being around people, etc. At some point (when cases spike again) we'll either all be ordered to lock down pretty much forever or we'll just say screw it and have no restrictions and let corona do what it wants to do in terms of devastation of the world.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

You seem to be more against people who don't wear masks and Trump these days that the individual political hacks. People like me would be more apt to believe the state officials and more aboard wearing masks 24/7 and cooperating if the government officials cared one iota about small business owners I know who are starving their families because of no income. Our politicians here are confrontational. It makes people want to tell them to go bleep themselves. I've sent 5 emails so far voicing concerns to the dictators, no replys of course. As far as I'm concerned I'm voting against every single one of them next election. No leadership. Just bullying.

I'm just giving the point of view of a lot of people. I don't want anybody to get the virus and have obeyed all the orders of the Kansas dictator. And the Douglas County dictators on the board that have rejected even her mild, slow reopening plans. I finally had somebody on a zoom call tell me I need a haircut. Thanks guv.

Actually, I respect public officials who care about my safety a lot more than public officials who only care about their election chances in 6 months.The funny thing is the administration was slow to act because they were worried about the stock market, now acting way too quickly for the same reason.  Did you see the video of a reporter being hassled by people (great people POTUS tweeted) just covering their reopening? Those people were so great, one even made a hang Fauci sign. No need to listen to the science. The reason you are supposed to wear a mask isn’t to protect you, but to protect others. If you can’t  be bothered to put one on. you have shown what you think of the others.

Why weren’t you and the rest up in arms when Trump was on board with this social distancing, and the rest? Why wasn’t it dictatorship then? Why weren’t you pissed off airlines were losing money and people were losing jobs when Trump imposed his travel bans? 

if you really think just going back to normal can happen, you haven’t been paying attention, 

I live in Chicago. Cook County now has the most cases in the country. My safety as well as my asthmatic wife’s, and 82 year old father concerns me. Plus I am part of a community. I owe the people of my community the effort to do what I can do to halt the spread of the virus. I have been tested for the virus and antibodies and was negative with both. I had initially thought I would like to have been positive with the antibody test, but that would have meant I was walking around with it for a while and passed it on to others, and they would have passed it on, and who knows what my infection would have done. A doorman in my building in his 40s died because of Covid 19. I spoke to him his last day on the job, and he had no symptoms of being even slightly ill. A week later, he was dead.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, greg775 said:

You seem to be more against people who don't wear masks and Trump these days that the individual political hacks. People like me would be more apt to believe the state officials and more aboard wearing masks 24/7 and cooperating if the government officials cared one iota about small business owners I know who are starving their families because of no income. Our politicians here are confrontational. It makes people want to tell them to go bleep themselves. I've sent 5 emails so far voicing concerns to the dictators, no replys of course. As far as I'm concerned I'm voting against every single one of them next election. No leadership. Just bullying.

I'm just giving the point of view of a lot of people. I don't want anybody to get the virus and have obeyed all the orders of the Kansas dictator. And the Douglas County dictators on the board that have rejected even her mild, slow reopening plans. I finally had somebody on a zoom call tell me I need a haircut. Thanks guv.

Why aren’t you blaming the banks and the administration that created the two PPP rounds that largely failed to address the needs of the majority of small business owners?

Do you really believe the WH has responded to anyone writing to them with anything but the same form letter generated largely to create a facsimile Trump signature for the masses/commoners?

There are just three Douglas County commissioners.  I would think you would largely agree with “Nancy Thellman, born and raised in Douglas County, represents the Second District as Douglas County Commissioner. She lives on a small farm north of Lawrence (Grant Township) with her husband, Scott, and their three children. Nancy was educated in Lawrence public schools, holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing from Kansas University, and a Master of Divinity degree from Vanderbilt University. She is currently an ordained Presbyterian minister.”   

Which of the three are dictators?  If they did anything but open up the county completely...what restrictions exactly would you agree with, if any?   If Kansas and Lawrence is just way too extreme/liberal, why not move somewhere like Idaho, Montana, Wyoming or eastern Washington?  Texas?  Oklahoma?   Missouri?   Arkansas?   Instead of taking the confrontational position of seeing them as comic book evil villains...ask yourself how these commissioners benefit exactly from trying to save more lives by being careful/conservative/cautious?  They simply enjoy wielding power?   Power has corrupted them?   Is being a commissioner there even a half-time position?   Why did the non-dictatorial candidates you seemingly prefer lose their positions to this current crop?

Finally, 75-85% of America probably needs a haircut.

Edited by caulfield12

HEROES Act would cancel $10,000 in student debt for ‘economically distressed’ borrowers

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/3-trillion-heroes-act-cancels-student-debt-for-economically-distressed-borrowers-154237083.html

And while other protections would extend to borrowers holding commercially-held FFEL-program student loans (as well as Perkins loans), a key provision would forgive up to $10,000 in debt for “economically distressed borrowers” who hold private or federal student loans.

To be considered an economically distressed borrower, a borrower with student loans as of March 12, 2020, should meet the following criteria:

Paying $0 a month on their federal student loans through an income-contingent repayment plan or an income-based repayment plan

Or be in default on their private and/or federal student loans (270 days past due)

Or if the private and/or federal student loan was in serious delinquency, or 90 days past due

Or the student loans were in forbearance or deferment 

The bill also expands eligibility for Public Service Loan Forgiveness, and also forgives loans held by thousands of borrowers who attended the now-defunct, for-profit colleges Corinthian Colleges and ITT.

This might be the most divisive political topic in recent years.  Seems nearly everyone has an opinion.  Rabbit is the one whose opinion stands out the most right now.  (Why they selected two Asian/Chinese students at Columbia who probably never took out student loans for the accompanying picture is beyond me...since international students always pay the highest possible tuition, and 90-95% of the money comes from parents abroad.)

I definitely see both sides of this.  

In the end, it doesn’t set a great example that the most responsible should essentially be held accountable for subsidizing those who weren’t as willing to work hard, forgo Spring Break trips/destination travel, give up endless partying, etc. 

Those are the stereotypes.  Not everyone in financial trouble now chose a frivolous liberal arts degree lacking in an array of realistic career choices that would provide at least a decent standard of living.   Lots of kids are born with obvious advantages in terms of parents paying for all or at least 1/2 of school.  Definitely.  There are tons of shady online programs and lenders that prey on minority students in particular.   Yet Betsy DeVos, otoh, isn’t responsible for every individual choice in America made to, for example, bypass two years of community college at home for a more glamorous four year private liberal arts program out of state.

I think those students who have struggled and sacrificed to pay for college on their own...who truly appreciated the totality of the struggle just to graduate in 6-8 years instead of 4-5, this would be a slap in the face to all of those who played by the rules and faced the consequences of taking out loan debt instead of pretending they didn’t know what they were signing up for.  Collectively, everyone under 40...the sooner we are forced to face the reality of accepting responsibility for our actions, that the government won’t or can’t save us, the better off we will be as a society.  

Sorry for sounding like a moderate Republican on this, lol.

"It's as though we're on a Zoom split screen. One side is deprivation and food lines. The other is a kind of postmodern Great Gatsby.”

Edited by caulfield12

9 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Actually, I respect public officials who care about my safety a lot more than public officials who only care about their election chances in 6 months.The funny thing is the administration was slow to act because they were worried about the stock market, now acting way too quickly for the same reason.  Did you see the video of a reporter being hassled by people (great people POTUS tweeted) just covering their reopening? Those people were so great, one even made a hang Fauci sign. No need to listen to the science. The reason you are supposed to wear a mask isn’t to protect you, but to protect others. If you can’t  be bothered to put one on. you have shown what you think of the others.

Why weren’t you and the rest up in arms when Trump was on board with this social distancing, and the rest? Why wasn’t it dictatorship then? Why weren’t you pissed off airlines were losing money and people were losing jobs when Trump imposed his travel bans? 

if you really think just going back to normal can happen, you haven’t been paying attention, 

I live in Chicago. Cook County now has the most cases in the country. My safety as well as my asthmatic wife’s, and 82 year old father concerns me. Plus I am part of a community. I owe the people of my community the effort to do what I can do to halt the spread of the virus. I have been tested for the virus and antibodies and was negative with both. I had initially thought I would like to have been positive with the antibody test, but that would have meant I was walking around with it for a while and passed it on to others, and they would have passed it on, and who knows what my infection would have done. A doorman in my building in his 40s died because of Covid 19. I spoke to him his last day on the job, and he had no symptoms of being even slightly ill. A week later, he was dead.

I feel your concern. I could be just like the doorman; we all could. Healthy today and after my Mass or haircut I could die within 2 weeks. I don't want to die and don't want to give it to anybody. I do think America is in a great divide; people who talk like me (and much worse since I abide by the rules) and people like the LA mayor who has locked it down til August.

I think there will be a Civil War if this continues. Or total unrest anyway. I think my problem and the problem of the Fox TV watchers is we dont like to be bullied; we don't like the aggression. The LA guy said they will turn off the AC and the water of any businesses open. Other business owners are being thrown in jail even though many criminals who were in jail have been released from jail because of virus concerns. To those politicians I say quit acting so tough when the (unpopular) president is on the other end of the scale, saying open schools, open everything! There can't be such a big discrepancy in president and Guvs and mayors.

There are those of us very concerned about the economy being bad forever. I listened to some politician (I think the LA dictator guy) say LA would never be the same and it would never completely reopen. I am hearing "new normal" now out of politicians and I don't like it. I can believe we will have sports again with fans and we will travel again and have picnics and full churches. I don't accept this as the "new normal."

I've come to realize there is a great divide. And you and I will probably never get along again. There is a divide too great to close with people with opinions on this. That's why I think there will be a Civil War. I won't ever physically yell at or hit somebody who disagrees with me, but it could get bad out there with those upset at the orders. And if Trump were to somehow win again ... I do think this time the rioting will be worst of all time.

I wish you and yours well. Like I said I've abided by all rules and now that I can go back to Mass and in the coffee shop of 5 peeps in there I'll wear my cloth mask even though I personally feel the masks are full of dust and grossness just from carrying them around.

Peace.

Edited by greg775
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, greg775 said:

I feel your concern. I could be just like the doorman; we all could. Healthy today and after my Mass or haircut I could die within 2 weeks. I don't want to die and don't want to give it to anybody. I do think America is in a great divide; people who talk like me (and much worse since I abide by the rules) and people like the LA mayor who has locked it down til August.

I think there will be a Civil War if this continues. Or total unrest anyway. I think my problem and the problem of the Fox TV watchers is we dont like to be bullied; we don't like the aggression. The LA guy said they will turn off the AC and the water of any businesses open. Other business owners are being thrown in jail even though many have been released from jail. To those politicians I say quit acting so tough when the (unpopular) president is on the other end of the scale, saying open schools, open everything! There can't be such a big discrepancy in president and Guvs and mayors.

There are those of us very concerned about the economy being bad forever. I listened to some politician (I think the LA dictator guy) say LA would never be the same and it would never completely reopen. I am hearing "new normal" now out of politicians and I don't like it. I can believe we will have sports again with fans and we will travel again and have picnics and full churches. I don't accept this as the "new normal."

I've come to realize there is a great divide. And you and I will probably never get along again. There is a divide too great to close with people with opinions on this. That's why I think there will be a Civil War. I won't ever physically yell at or hit somebody who disagrees with me, but it could get bad out there with those upset at the orders. And if Trump were to somehow win again ... I do think this time the rioting will be worst of all time.

I wish you and yours well. Like I said I've abided by all rules and now that I can go back to Mass and in the coffee shop of 5 peeps in there I'll wear my cloth mask even though I personally feel the masks are full of dust and grossness just from carrying them around.

Peace.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/movie-theaters-opening-coronavirus-seating-concessions-safety-guidelines-210001492.html

Here’s one for you, Greg.   On one hand, you hate high concession prices, and probably thumb your nose at authority by sneaking candy and even drinks into the theatre.   Will you allow the power-hungry governor and tyrannical Douglas (KS) Board of Commissioners deny you the opportunity (to support a local theatre or drive-in) to enjoy a summer movie in July, if all the proper precautions are in place?

As a movie fan, I personally will never be satisfied watching every single release months later on a big screen t.v., or watching a lower quality version on an Ipad, tablet/laptop or even phone.  The overall experience, the sound quality, it’s just not comparable.

What say ye?

Restaurant and bar owners worldwide say social distancing could wipe out their industry

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/17/business/restaurant-coronavirus-business-model/index.html

Edited by caulfield12

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/movie-theaters-opening-coronavirus-seating-concessions-safety-guidelines-210001492.html

Here’s one for you, Greg.   On one hand, you hate high concession prices, and probably thumb your nose at authority by sneaking candy and even drinks into the theatre.   Will you allow the power-hungry governor and tyrannical Douglas (KS) Board of Commissioners deny you the opportunity (to support a local theatre or drive-in) to enjoy a summer movie in July, if all the proper precautions are in place?

As a movie fan, I personally will never be satisfied watching every single release months later on a big screen t.v., or watching a lower quality version on an Ipad, tablet/laptop or even phone.  The overall experience, the sound quality, it’s just not comparable.

What say ye?

Restaurant and bar owners worldwide say social distancing could wipe out their industry

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/17/business/restaurant-coronavirus-business-model/index.html

Actually I don't sneak in candy or water. My habit is to go in the afternoon when I need a movie fix or a must see movie comes out for me like Rocketman. I buy one popcorn and a bottled water for about 16 bucks total. No candy. 

Yes I would go to a movie this summer and will go to some if any must sees come out. I'll go in the afternoon after they've been out a couple weeks as is my want. Last 10 movies I've seen had me and maybe 5 others max in the theatre here. As far as writing a letter to the power hungry governor about theatres if they don't open ... I guess I could but they didn't answer my letters regarding barber shops and two friends of mine begging the Gov to open. They had cleanliness plans all laid out for the gov but she would have none of it.

Sad if restaurants are a thing of the past. I haven't seen if Douglas County overruled the gov's minor reopening plans for next week. I thought coffee shops and restaurants were to open with 10 percent capacity but mabe they are still closed. I still am not confident in my thursday haircut. I could see the county changing its mind if we have a bad Monday or Tuesday Covid count wise.

Finally my Mass is Sunday. I'm going to go but I probably shouldn't in a risk/reward setup. There's a 45 minute max to the Mass; there is no music cause people sing loud and germs will be shot all around the church if they allow singing; there's communion if you want it (makes it ominous like communion at your own risk. I would doubt the priest gives a homily since from the rules I've read for Mass the motivation appears to get everybody in and out of there as fast as possible. And there's no hand shaking or hugging. Plus there's the annoying masks to be worn.

Not much of an atmosphere to pray. Kind of a fear atmosphere to me. I was planning on going. I probably shouldn't.

Edited by greg775

9 hours ago, greg775 said:

I think there will be a Civil War if this continues. Or total unrest anyway. I think my problem and the problem of the Fox TV watchers is we dont like to be bullied; we don't like the aggression. The LA guy said they will turn off the AC and the water of any businesses open. Other business owners are being thrown in jail even though many criminals who were in jail have been released from jail because of virus concerns. To those politicians I say quit acting so tough when the (unpopular) president is on the other end of the scale, saying open schools, open everything! There can't be such a big discrepancy in president and Guvs and mayors.

Peace.

I find it ironic you call the governors bullies when the biggest bully in history is in the WH. The reason we have to go through this is because of the very slow federal response. I read where if everyone wore masks and practiced social distancing the cases and death toll would be 12% of what the are.  The only reason Trump is all about opening up is because his advisors at Fox News told him he has no shot of being re-elected if the economy is still in the gutter on Election Day. Things would go back to a lot closer to normal if you follow the science, but unfortunately people who supposedly have no jobs and have no money and are about to commit suicide, jubilantly packed bars and restaurants in Wisconsin. Do you really think they are going to prove the science wrong?

Eric Trump said yesterday the Democrats cooked up Covid 19 to keep Donald Trump from holding his rallies. Apparently they organized it so well the rest of the earth agreed to participate. He said once Election Day comes and goes, the virus will magically disappear. These people are crazy.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1

https://www.ft.com/content/97dc7de6-940b-11ea-abcd-371e24b679ed

This is one of the Top 5 articles that captures the the overall picture so well...definitely confirmed some apprehensive feelings about Dr. Redfield and Dr. Birx.

It is as though we knew for a fact that 9/11 was going to happen for months, did nothing to prepare for it and then shrugged a few days later and said, ‘Oh well, there’s not much we can do about it,’” says Gregg Gonsalves, a public health scholar at Yale University. “Trump could have prevented mass deaths and he didn’t.”

Edited by caulfield12

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

I find it ironic you call the governors bullies when the biggest bully in history is in the WH. The reason we have to go through this is because of the very slow federal response. I read where if everyone wore masks and practiced social distancing the cases and death toll would be 12% of what the are.  The only reason Trump is all about opening up is because his advisors at Fox News told him he has no shot of being re-elected if the economy is still in the gutter on Election Day. Things would go back to a lot closer to normal if you follow the science, but unfortunately people who supposedly have no jobs and have no money and are about to commit suicide, jubilantly packed bars and restaurants in Wisconsin. Do you really think they are going to prove the science wrong?

Eric Trump said yesterday the Democrats cooked up Covid 19 to keep Donald Trump from holding his rallies. Apparently they organized it so well the rest of the earth agreed to participate. He said once Election Day comes and goes, the virus will magically disappear. These people are crazy.

You are right. These people are crazy. And there was dumb ass Jared speculating about the country not having an election so his father-in-law can be installed as dictator. And the country is worrying about social distancing and wearing a mask? Meanwhile, while the country is really facing it, Trump is using the power of his office to get even with Obama. There is no Obamagate. And even it there were, corruption is not something Trump is concerned about. He is holding a grudge, and he is not letting go.

We don't need this nonsense. All energies should be focused on this country's future and saving lives. But while people are waving guns to protect their rights, Trump is attempting to put his political opponents in jail while he sets his felony committing buddies free. Just who is the dictator?

Want to open up? Stop the spread of the virus and we will open. But I know I am not going to any bar or restaurant until I am certain things are at least relatively safe. I'd like to live if some people don't mind.

BTW,

these “dictators” if they are using the “president’s guidelines “ for opening up, are not opening up because according to those guidelines, they are not ready. If Trump has the ultimate power he claims, why doesn’t he force these states to open up? 

Quit buying the BS coming out of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

19 hours ago, greg775 said:

You are coming to the wrong conclusion IMO. My position will be forever ... if people are hoarding all the disposable masks and I can't get one, shame on them. I'm not selfish in not  wanting to wear a cloth mask that I had to order online (many people still don't go online and put their CC info on there) and doesn't fit right and is hard to tie. And falls off. Get me some boxes of 50 masks that are not price gouged and maybe we can talk. I'll tell you right now. Masks reek. I'll wear them where I'm told I have to wear them (planes, trains, barber shop, church).

Holy fuck does this post suck (rhyme intended).

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Why do people keep responding to Greg here? He's obviously trolling. People take the bait every time. 

Because the mask and haircut storyline has dragged on for so many weeks, there has to be a catharsis/conclusion. 

Or for the same reason Jose Abreu debates never die, although they just might fade away. 

Edited by caulfield12
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Why do people keep responding to Greg here? He's obviously trolling. People take the bait every time. 

I could put him on ignore, but someone needs to call him out on his BS and try to engage him to see if he responds. You’re right, people do take the bait when he incessantly posts over and over about how the governor took away his rights to church, access to coffee, access to masks and an unwillingness to do cloth masks, access to a haircut and his normal life. 

We could all ignore him, but it would take a team effort. And we could have to feel comfortable with some information being peddled without being responded to and challenged. It is a message board and in the grand scheme of things it doesn’t matter, but in a larger picture, I respond to people from another train of thought to learn and at times, challenge them over what the truth is.

Edited by The Beast

7 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Two things: 1.) Trump is a TV personality, an entitled rich guy who has always been about staying rich and keeping wealthy, a bad president. I'm not sure what we're allowed to say about people before getting banned here so I'll stop there.

2.) To show how we all believe what we believe, you wrote: "unfortunately people who supposedly have no jobs and have no money and are about to commit suicide, jubilantly packed bars and restaurants in Wisconsin." How unfair a sentence was that? Supposedly?? I know tons of people fired or laid off recently. The unemployment numbers, if they are real, are staggering.

A lot of people are suicidal and hurting and have nothing to do with the bargoers. Just trying to show you how we all have our takes and some look unfair to people on the other side.

We aren't "crazy." I think it's a fascinating study in human behavior and the brain. Look at me. It's 1:38 p.m. Sunday and because of all the articles and TV snippets I've caught and dictatorial slow-moving actions by government in Kansas, yes I'm scared to go to church at 5 p.m. today. It's open at 5 p.m. to 70 people and I've been brainwashed (that's probably not the right word) into utter fear (nine weeks of isolation will scramble parts of your brain, Dick Allen). I think I'm going to go and make my donation in the back of the church and see how I feel when I get there. 

Finally ... your comment about science. That's part of the problem. Some of us have family members in medical field and some of us know people who know people who state the corona problem is not that bad and reopening should be done. So good people, ones obeying the rules so far (I've broken no rules and done nothing risky til perhaps going to church today) have their brains muddled and torn by all the different chatter. We don't necessarily believe the science. If that makes us despicable, well there's probably going to be a Civil War in which we could pay for our doubts about the science here.

Edited by greg775
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Beast said:

I could put him on ignore, but someone needs to call him out on his BS and try to engage him to see if he responds. You’re right, people do take the bait when he incessantly posts over and over about how the governor took away his rights to church, access to coffee, access to masks and an unwillingness to do cloth masks, access to a haircut and his normal life. 

We could all ignore him, but it would take a team effort. And we could have to feel comfortable with some information being peddled without being responded to and challenged. It is a message board and in the grand scheme of things it doesn’t matter, but in a larger picture, I respond to people from another train of thought to learn and at times, challenge them over what the truth is.

Why ignore me? You can't see from my posts that I am struggling with this issue? Nine weeks locked up is conducive to scrambling one's brain. How the hell are my posts trolling anybody? To those who have tried to educate in this thread, thank you. I read all posts and try to process them with the things being thrown at me here. Life is about processing information from all sides, then trying to make the best possible decisions. I've never told anybody my views are the right ones. I search for the right stance on corona.

11 minutes ago, greg775 said:

We aren't "crazy." I think it's a fascinating study in human behavior and the brain. Look at me. It's 1:38 p.m. Sunday and because of all the articles and TV snippets I've caught and dictatorial slow-moving actions by government in Kansas, yes I'm scared to go to church at 5 p.m. today. It's open at 5 p.m. to 70 people and I've been brainwashed (that's probably not the right word) into utter fear (nine weeks of isolation will scramble parts of your brain, Dick Allen). I think I'm going to go and make my donation in the back of the church and see how I feel when I get there. 

I would be scared of that situation. The stuff we seem to know right now is that being indoors with people for a long time, particularly when speaking or singing, puts out a large viral load and that those conditions enable it to spread well beyond a social distancing radius. Plus, if you are doing things like "touching surfaces indoors" that other people have touched, that can also be a way to get concentrated transmission. And, we still don't have a good understanding yet of bathrooms. 

Anyway, if you're indoors with a group of 70 people, and they're singing, even if they're wearing masks, there's a good chance that any infected people who showed up would pass it on, and if someone was carrying it and wasn't wearing a mask while singing, the whole room might come down with it. 

3 hours ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

I can assure you my posts are meant to seek advice from people or to share what's really bothering me. Not meant to troll anybody into a lather. Obviously with all the noise I've processed here and in articles and in some TV noise the dominant part of my brain has me on the caution side of things.

I know a guy in Olathe with a child who yesterday told me he was going to a big BBQ dinner with friends. I asked if he'd wear a mask. He said hell no. Some people are just carefree about all this. Meanwhile I sit in a park isolated on a bench making sure I stay away from people.

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I would be scared of that situation. The stuff we seem to know right now is that being indoors with people for a long time, particularly when speaking or singing, puts out a large viral load and that those conditions enable it to spread well beyond a social distancing radius. Plus, if you are doing things like "touching surfaces indoors" that other people have touched, that can also be a way to get concentrated transmission. And, we still don't have a good understanding yet of bathrooms. 

Anyway, if you're indoors with a group of 70 people, and they're singing, even if they're wearing masks, there's a good chance that any infected people who showed up would pass it on, and if someone was carrying it and wasn't wearing a mask while singing, the whole room might come down with it. 

Maybe I'll just go and leave my donation for the past 3 weeks in the back and not attend. Again, it's hard when for the past 25 years you think something is important and fulfilling to do (go to church) and then it's taken away.