COVID-19/Coronavirus thread

caulfield12

1 hour ago, Tony said:

This, and we simply got bored with it. We're so selfish, so entitled, so self-serving, a disruption in our daily lives couldn't be tolerated for any longer, our health and safety be damned. It makes me so angry to think about how we are actually living in Idiocracy. 

^^^^

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

It just amazes me that safety and health has been so far politicized.  

When climate change and other science has been politicized for 2 decades, I can't really say I'm that surprised. 

We have to fundamentally change the system because of this. 

People are going to be out of work long-term, not able to pay rent/their mortgage, we're going to run into food shortages etc. 

This is going to be a huge problem. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 2

I'm going to remind people of this article from March: 

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-the-hammer-and-the-dance-be9337092b56

If we continue to have Covidiots, then we're going to have to use the hammer more often. 

Masks in public should be national law, and I'm saying this as someone who absolutely can't stand them because I'm autistic and they give me sensory issues.  I find them damn near intolerable. But I use them anyway, because I give a fuck. If I can deal with how much they bother me, the Covidiots can too. Eventually, I'll get used to them. I've spent over $50 trying to find one that's comfortable enough to wear regularly. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

Trump and Pence remind me of the Iraqi Defense Minister in the early 90's. Nothing to see here, the enemy is being defeated...as bombs are going off right behind him.

Iraqi defense minister - Caption | Meme Generator

Baghdad Bob or Comical/Chemical Ali

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/19/health/teen-death-coronavirus-wellness-partner/index.html

Another teenager died from COVID-19 

Edited by caulfield12

17 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Trump and Pence remind me of the Iraqi Defense Minister in the early 90's. Nothing to see here, the enemy is being defeated...as bombs are going off right behind him.

Iraqi defense minister - Caption | Meme Generator

Yes, the denial act is incredible to the point that they are saying we should "celebrate" the success in fighting the virus. I am in no mood to celebrate because I feel different bombs are going off right now.

We opened high school strength and conditioning camps and almost immediately a few teams had to shut down do to outbreaks. I'm trying to figure out how to keep my golf team safe, I have no idea how contact sports will manage. 

The risks to the rally were underscored by an extraordinary series of events that began Thursday night when Tulsa Mayor G.T. Bynum set a three-night curfew, citing the expected crowds of more than 100,000, the planned protests, and the civil unrest that has already erupted in the city and around the nation.

The tighter security meant Trump supporters lined up for the rally had to be moved further away from the 19,000-seat BOK Center. Some supporters had been camping out for days to get a good spot and the curfew raised questions about whether they would be able to remain near the site overnight Friday.

By Friday afternoon, the three-night curfew was lifted after Bynum and Trump spoke by phone – a decision that was announced first by Trump on Twitter and then confirmed by the mayor.

Coronavirus: Health experts fear Trump's rally could turn into a 'super spreader' event

Trump is expected to touch down in the Sooner State – one of the reddest states in the nation – around dinnertime and host his first rally since the coronavirus was declared a pandemic. As he strolls onto the stage in the BOK Center, with Lee Greenwood’s “God Bless the USA” pouring through the speakers, he’ll face a dramatically different political scene than the one he was navigating three months ago.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/turning-point-massive-risk-trump-080009674.html

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

According to the Washington Post, a lot of Germany’s success with the virus is based on US research which was blown off by the administration.

The information is here. It's just a significant portion of the country has chosen to ignore it because The Dear Leader told them to.

13 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

This Trump rally in Tulsa has to be one of the most mind boggling decisions in modern society and shows how many dumb people there are in this country.

Honestly if information came out that showed Trump was a Russian agent it would make more sense than how he currently acts now.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

6 Trump campaign staffers on the Tulsa rally advance team, have tested positive for Covid 19. 

The stupidity is amazing. 

They are real 'mericans! 

And still tens of thousands will pour into the stadium. I'm not certain what it says about his charisma, leadership, and charm or the intelligence of his devotees. 

IL numbers have started to plateau, but tests have stayed really high last 5 days some of the biggest dips saw drops in tests.

Chicago numbers look great however, I hope this isn’t growth in the rest of the state

Breaking news:  Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri and Kansas USPS offices running low on funds, don’t have necessary budget to accommodate mail-in balloting.

President irate news of six campaign advance team staffers testing positive for Covid-19 is getting too much attention, as well as the latest Friday Night Massacre of Berman from the Southern District of NY/NJ...”Super Spreader-in-Chief.“

https://www.nwaonline.com/news/2020/may/30/coronavirus-cases-at-meat-plants-rise-d/

https://www.provisioneronline.com/articles/107869-top-100-meat-and-poultry-processors-holding-pattern

https://www.meatpoultry.com/articles/22993-covid-19-meat-plant-map

It’s the perfect storm, you have the massive Tyson and George’s poultry and turkey processing plants 100 miles away in Springdale, AR, by my count at least six beef/meat processing plants in the Tulsa/NE Oklahoma region, another massive cluster near Springfield, MO, and then again in KS/NE.

I still can’t quite figure out how to embed that national map at meatpoultry.com, but it almost looks like Tulsa is near the epicenter of all the Covid-19 beef/pork/chicken processing plant problems...essentially, a corridor from there to Springdale to Springfield to KC and up into Nebraska and Iowa.

“The companies are reacting too late," Licolli said. "For them, it's more important to keep their production rather than protections for these workers."

About 50 protesters stood on the sidewalk outside of the Tyson plant on Berry Street and held up signs reading "People > chicken," "protect = respect" and more.

Dr. Nate Smith, state health secretary, said Thursday during Gov. Asa Hutchinson's daily news briefing covid-19 cases are rapidly increasing in the Latino community, particularly in Northwest Arkansas.

This week the total number of cases from people employed by the poultry industry climbed to 415, the Health Department reported Friday. That's up 37% from Monday when there were 301 cases. All eight of the businesses in the latest covid-19 job cluster report process chicken or turkey.

At least 69% of the cases are Hispanic or Latino, according to the report.

Edited by caulfield12