COVID-19/Coronavirus thread

caulfield12

For washington state, but as far as data visualization goes this is pretty good. 

115908415_1926901124118592_1781065038465 

Don't be Florida, folks. This "heat map" is where our state is right now. Florida’s more recent #COVID19 outbreak started in 20 to 24 year-olds and spread to older populations quickly. Our partners at Washington State Department of Health  analyzed the data. In the graph, the darker the orange/red, the more cases in that age group. Washington is now right where Florida was a few weeks ago. Our state is better than that. We all have to do our part to prevent a runaway growth of COVID-19 in our state – especially younger adults. You have the ability to set the direction for our state. Avoid gatherings. Stay home as much as you can. Wash your hands. And when you leave, wear a mask and keep your distance. You can read the full report here: https://covid.idmod.org/data/WA_Situation_Report_9_COVID-19_transmission_across_Washington_State.pdf

7 hours ago, Texsox said:

So where will the money making opportunities be when we're fully reopened? Start a restaurant because half closed during the pandemic? "Home" needs businesses because folks like the change? Short Amazon?

There may be some real estate opportunities in the low/mid price range in a bit. A lot of payments were kicked down the road, but those bills are going to come due soon.

This last month I have seen 3 deals where the appraisal came back under the purchase price. All deals between 150-200k. Prior to this, no deal I had ever worked on did not appraise for the exact purchase price.

Reading between the lines id say appraisers are spooked about the future and dont want lenders coming after them.

Edited by Soxbadger

On 7/24/2020 at 9:24 AM, Big Hurtin said:

I'm sure we aren't going to hear any more "death panels" attacks from the right in this election.

Blaming Bill/Hillary and ObamaCare for the rationing/triage effect of caregiving in the middle of this current wave after spending years trying to tear down the current health care system without a viable replacement in sight, well, the emperor has no clothes anymore on that particular issue.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/anthony-fauci-threats-coronavirus-095008504.html

“I’ve seen a side of society that I guess is understandable, but it’s a little bit disturbing,” Fauci told CNN political commentator David Axelrod on the latest episode of “The Axe Files” podcast.

“I mean, really? Is this the United States of America?” he asked.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, StrangeSox said:

Sinclair owns about 200 local news stations across the country. Dangerous false propaganda that will get people killed

Also, Plandemic/Sinclair will be sponsoring The Lead Off Man on Marquee Network...

Edited by caulfield12

If the large national chains adopt a national policy for mask wearing, occupancy, etc doesn't that give us an almost complete national response? If the government won't do it, why not leave it to private companies?

10 minutes ago, Texsox said:

If the large national chains adopt a national policy for mask wearing, occupancy, etc doesn't that give us an almost complete national response? If the government won't do it, why not leave it to private companies?

Not really. Bars and churches seem to be where a lot of this is coming from. It is mindboggling to  me why anyone would go into a store that doesn't require them.

Edited by Dick Allen

33 minutes ago, Texsox said:

It is nuts to think that corporate America is more socially responsible than our federal government.

Enforcement of any mask mandate is the issue. If a store has a mask policy, and a customer refuses to comply, how is a private company supposed to react? A teller or stocker or store greeter approaches the customer? If/when the customer resists, what then? 

Even if it’s a federal mandate, enough people will refuse because they believe their individual rights > the common good. We have a deeply ingrained sense of entitlement as a society that makes a situation like this near impossible to manage.

37 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

It is nuts to think that corporate America is more socially responsible than our federal government.

They know what'll happen to the economy and their revenues if the pandemic continues unchecked.

Meanwhile, we have at least part of the federal government insisting that as many people go back to work as soon as possible and that we jam schools full of hundreds or thousands of people for hours every day. At the same time, here's how a much poorer country with one of the best COVID track records is responding:

And a bit of a look at how "generous" our current (largely broken) UI system is:

My mom's been waiting 15 or so weeks now for IDES to process her claim. Relying on intentionally underfunded and already broken state UI systems as the primary means of helping people was a predictably terrible idea. 

Edited by StrangeSox

1 hour ago, Middle Buffalo said:

Enforcement of any mask mandate is the issue. If a store has a mask policy, and a customer refuses to comply, how is a private company supposed to react? A teller or stocker or store greeter approaches the customer? If/when the customer resists, what then? 

Even if it’s a federal mandate, enough people will refuse because they believe their individual rights > the common good. We have a deeply ingrained sense of entitlement as a society that makes a situation like this near impossible to manage.

Then things like this happen. Some people discovered a long time ago that if they throw a big enough tantrum, that stores will eventually cave and give them what they want just to shut them up.

https://www.insider.com/the-grocery-store-employee-was-suspended-for-face-mask-altercation-2020-7

I get the idea of encouraging business spending in restaurants. It fits in with the trickle down ideology of Republicans. Let the wealthy save some money and eventually it will help the poorer folks. 

Today is my first day back at work after being off for 2.5 weeks after testing positive. I had every symptom on the list other than the lost of taste and smell. Never got overly sick but lost 12 pounds in 5 days. Had zero appetite and some pretty bad diarrhea. I got lucky as my case seemed to be mild, but even with my mild case I lose my breath doing anything physical at all. Even walking from the couch to the bathroom I have to take a couple minutes to catch my breath. 

7 minutes ago, lasttriptotulsa said:

Today is my first day back at work after being off for 2.5 weeks after testing positive. I had every symptom on the list other than the lost of taste and smell. Never got overly sick but lost 12 pounds in 5 days. Had zero appetite and some pretty bad diarrhea. I got lucky as my case seemed to be mild, but even with my mild case I lose my breath doing anything physical at all. Even walking from the couch to the bathroom I have to take a couple minutes to catch my breath. 

Glad you are feeling better. 

• Like 1