COVID-19/Coronavirus thread

caulfield12

1 minute ago, Texsox said:

Glad you are feeling better. 

Thanks. Luckily, to my knowledge anyways, nobody that I had contact with got infected. A couple people I had been around got tested but came back negative. That was my biggest fear was that I infected someone else. Guess I had an ill advised sense of comfort living in my small town of 1000 people and maybe wasn't as careful as I should have been.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lasttriptotulsa said:

Thanks. Luckily, to my knowledge anyways, nobody that I had contact with got infected. A couple people I had been around got tested but came back negative. That was my biggest fear was that I infected someone else. Guess I had an ill advised sense of comfort living in my small town of 1000 people and maybe wasn't as careful as I should have been.

I have five people I know who have been through it and all say the same thing, they worried about having infected someone else. I wish more people would get that and understand they are infecting people long before they feel sick.

So I wanna preface this by giving my own personal opinion on COVID-19

Yes, I believe it's real (Not a hoax)

Yes, I believe it's possible that it was created in a lab, but also possible that it wasn't

Yes, I believe there's money to be made by special interest groups in a global pandemic

Yes, I also believe there's money to be lost in a global pandemic

----

With that out of the way, I wanna say something regarding the number of deaths being reported here in the US, and in Europe (specifically the UK)

It appears that the mortality rate of this virus might be intentionally inflated

There were reports that post-mortem anti-body/blood testing positive results were being used as cause of death in a lot of situations where it clearly wasn't the cause of death.

Now, it's being reported by The Guardian that the UK Health Secretary Matt Hancock wants an urgent review of the Public Health of England's COVID-19 death figures

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/17/matt-hancock-calls-urgent-inquiry-phe-covid-19-death-figures

if this was already posted, sorry!

The UK health secretary, Matt Hancock, is ordering an urgent review of the daily Covid-19 death statistics produced by Public Health England, after it emerged that they may include recovered former sufferers who could have died of other causes.

The oddity was revealed in a paper by Yoon K Loke and Carl Heneghan of the Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine at Oxford University, titled “Why no one can ever recover from Covid-19 in England – a statistical anomaly”.

Their analysis suggests that PHE cross-checks the latest notifications of deaths against a database of positive test results – so that anyone who has ever tested positive is recorded in the Covid-19 death statistics.

“It seems that PHE regularly looks for people on the NHS database who have ever tested positive, and simply checks to see if they are still alive or not. PHE does not appear to consider how long ago the Covid test result was, nor whether the person has been successfully treated in hospital and discharged to the community,” the authors said.

Great stuff here 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/28/opinion/coronavirus-testing-antigen-pooling.html

The president of university of Missouri system said the cdc told them not to test students prior to coming onto campus because it was just a “snapshot” and wouldn’t help.

Thats again idiocy. The CDC is again letting its rationing for something turn into miscommunication. Of course it would help! Mass testing like this may be a solution. Like a mask, it’s personal efficacy may be low, but it’s group efficacy is much higher and fixes the rationing issue.

The cdc needs to stop letting production issues affect its communication policies. 

2 hours ago, joesaiditstrue said:

So I wanna preface this by giving my own personal opinion on COVID-19

Yes, I believe it's real (Not a hoax)

Yes, I believe it's possible that it was created in a lab, but also possible that it wasn't

Yes, I believe there's money to be made by special interest groups in a global pandemic

Yes, I also believe there's money to be lost in a global pandemic

----

With that out of the way, I wanna say something regarding the number of deaths being reported here in the US, and in Europe (specifically the UK)

It appears that the mortality rate of this virus might be intentionally inflated

There were reports that post-mortem anti-body/blood testing positive results were being used as cause of death in a lot of situations where it clearly wasn't the cause of death.

Now, it's being reported by The Guardian that the UK Health Secretary Matt Hancock wants an urgent review of the Public Health of England's COVID-19 death figures

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/17/matt-hancock-calls-urgent-inquiry-phe-covid-19-death-figures

if this was already posted, sorry!

Cause of death has been an on going discussion. If someone has heart disease and dies from a heart attack after getting shot in the head, what is the cause of death? 

If covid starts a series of health events that leads to a death, do you count what started the series or what finished the series? 

The two deaths I'm closest to follow that pattern. Person with an unhealthy heart for years dies a month after contracting Covid. Would he be alive today had he not caught the virus? His doctors say yes.

Second person had lung issues. Caught Covid at work and dies from multiple causes. Pick one. 

Sure both would have died eventually, probably from their other issues but that could have been years from now.

• Like 1

Conclusions and Relevance  In this study of a cohort of German patients recently recovered from COVID-19 infection, CMR revealed cardiac involvement in 78 patients (78%) and ongoing myocardial inflammation in 60 patients (60%), independent of preexisting conditions, severity and overall course of the acute illness, and time from the original diagnosis. These findings indicate the need for ongoing investigation of the long-term cardiovascular consequences of COVID-19.

48 minutes ago, StrangeSox said:

Conclusions and Relevance  In this study of a cohort of German patients recently recovered from COVID-19 infection, CMR revealed cardiac involvement in 78 patients (78%) and ongoing myocardial inflammation in 60 patients (60%), independent of preexisting conditions, severity and overall course of the acute illness, and time from the original diagnosis. These findings indicate the need for ongoing investigation of the long-term cardiovascular consequences of COVID-19.

This is what E Rodriguez is going through

Has anyone seen the video on facebook that has been circulating that last couple of days that keeps getting deleted about America's Frontline Doctors and how they are claiming hydroxychloroquine and zinc treated all 300 patients that the doctor has dealt with? https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts/americas-frontline-doctors-scotus-press-conference-transcript?fbclid=IwAR0s75S-S3VcZ4lPvKRR5ERNEDlZcqW1kY_zG0RNw-0TbNAmzWBDpBwcasU

Anyone have any idea on the validity of this? The right is screaming for it to be true and that there is some big conspiracy against it. Facebook is actively deleting it everytime it gets posted.

2 minutes ago, kevo880 said:

Has anyone seen the video on facebook that has been circulating that last couple of days that keeps getting deleted about America's Frontline Doctors and how they are claiming hydroxychloroquine and zinc treated all 300 patients that the doctor has dealt with? https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts/americas-frontline-doctors-scotus-press-conference-transcript?fbclid=IwAR0s75S-S3VcZ4lPvKRR5ERNEDlZcqW1kY_zG0RNw-0TbNAmzWBDpBwcasU

Anyone have any idea on the validity of this? The right is screaming for it to be true and that there is some big conspiracy against it. Facebook is actively deleting it everytime it gets posted.

Like any of the grand conspiracy claims which are focused on political allegiances - that would mean that every other country in the world is also ignoring it and all part of a massive global conspiracy just to ensure Trump can never get elected. I'll let you decide if the world is really able to collectively achieve that and for what reason.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

Like any of the grand conspiracy claims which are focused on political allegiances - that would mean that every other country in the world is also ignoring it and all part of a massive global conspiracy just to ensure Trump can never get elected. I'll let you decide if the world is really able to collectively achieve that and for what reason.  

I feel you. I don't actually believe it, but would love to be able to have a fact based response to a few particular people in my life about it.

12 minutes ago, kevo880 said:

It is total and complete trash. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kevo880 said:

Agreed. You have anything fact based to rebuttal the ignorant right?

Start with the fact that the group is about 12 days old and not a real organization and the main doctor behind the group is a quack that has said that there is no scientific basis that the average American should be concerned about Covid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kevo880 said:

I feel you. I don't actually believe it, but would love to be able to have a fact based response to a few particular people in my life about it.

The thing is that it's really tough to slap down this sort of thing no matter how many detailed and accurate rebuttals you have at hand. People aren't generally coming to believe things like this based on rational consideration of the evidence at hand, or looking into sources cited, or who the people making these claims are.

So you slap this nonsense down, then it's just on to the next thing--Plandemic, or "proof" that masks actually make you sicker, or claims that death counts are inflated because their cousin's buddy is a doctor who knows they test DOA car crash victims for COVID to get that sweet, sweet money. It's really, really hard to reason someone out of a position they didn't use reason to get to.

Basically social media rapidly spreading propaganda and conspiracies will be the death of modern society imo.

I hope we get another set of remdesivir reports. It's been pretty widely used in key hot spots since then. 

Due to scarcity, it's been mainly used in the sickest since it showed its modest improvement in hospitalization there. But it really would be good to know if it helps when it's deployed earlier.

• Like 1

"It's interesting: he's got a very good approval rating. And I like that, it's good," he went on. "Because remember: he's working for this administration. He's working with us. We could have gotten other people. We could have gotten somebody else. It didn't have to be Dr. Fauci. He's working with our administration. And for the most part we've done what he and others -- and Dr. Birx and others -- have recommended."

Trump continued: "And he's got this high approval rating. So why don't I have a high approval rating with respect -- and the administration -- with respect to the virus? We should have it very high."

"So it sort of is curious," Trump said, "a man works for us, with us, very closely, Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx also, very highly thought of -- and yet, they're highly thought of, but nobody likes me?"

"It can only be my personality, that's all," he said.

www.cnn.com

• Haha 2