COVID-19/Coronavirus thread

caulfield12

On 9/14/2020 at 6:37 PM, Tony said:

Someone a few months back got into a debate about “What more could have The President really have done to slow the spread of this thing?” 

This is why words matter, setting an example matters. 

OMG, comparing George Floyd’s “I can’t breathe” last words while effectively being murdered to the minor inconvenience wearing a mask to help combat the spread of COVID causes shows just how fucking stupid this country really is.  Anyone who wastes a single ounce of energy fighting the requirement for masks should be sent to a legit 3rd world country for the rest of their life so that they can experience what real problems are like.

• Like 4

On 9/19/2020 at 8:51 AM, NWINFan said:

There are still people saying masks and social distancing are not necessary. I guess you can ask Herman Cain that after he attended the Trump rally with no mask. Oh, wait. You can't. He's dead. And White House staff have been exposed although the Administration doesn't want to talk about it. Apparently one exposed works in the White House cafeteria. That is really reassuring. Someone working around food has been exposed. Yep. Who needs a mask and social distancing?

I am surprised Trump has not gotten Covid yet. He travels a lot which has to weaken the system a bit, although he probably sleeps well on Air Force One. Or maybe he's one of those rich guys who has never needed much sleep. But you'd think with all the people getting it and him not wearing a mask much, you'd think he'd get it. And at his age it might really hammer him. ... That's why as a cautious Covid person I fluctuate. I'm not crazy about getting on a plane, but then I think I probably should. Then I read about people HAMMERED by Covid and figure I'm better off remaining cautious.

(I've been very cautious; I go to church on Sunday in a socially distanced environment with masks and only 30 peeps in there spread all out I do get a haircut once a month; I go to a coffee shop prolly 4 times a week and the shop is distanced with masks but there usually are indeed a good amount of people in there; everybody's masked. I do eat out still and frankly there are less people out dining than are in that coffee shop. Haven't been out with many friends; have not flown; have not atternded any parties or family gatherings. No Covid yet. I do wear my mask all the time and have never broken any rules regarding Covid.

I pray I don't get it and pray you all don't get it. Whatever ... I am speechless regarding travel during covid, not sure if it's safe or not. It does feel like life is flying by being cooped up. The one consolation is nothing is allowed right now: can't go to a royals game; can't go to a movie or concert. So evderybody's kinda in the same boat.

Edited by greg775
  • Haha 1

Early this morning, the CDC published guidelines saying that it is confirmed COVID-19 can travel by aerosol transmission and it is possible to catch it while more than 6 feet away.

A whole bunch of people said "took too long"

6 hours later the CDC pulled those guidelines.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker/cdc-abruptly-yanks-long-awaited-guidance-that-covid-spreads-via-air

20 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Early this morning, the CDC published guidelines saying that it is confirmed COVID-19 can travel by aerosol transmission and it is possible to catch it while more than 6 feet away.

A whole bunch of people said "took too long"

6 hours later the CDC pulled those guidelines.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker/cdc-abruptly-yanks-long-awaited-guidance-that-covid-spreads-via-air

It was published in "error" for course that error was that they didn't want any information on Covid to make this seem any worse than they can get away with.

16 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

It was published in "error" for course that error was that they didn't want any information on Covid to make this seem any worse than they can get away with.

What the country needs is consistent and accurate information. The CDC is being compromised for political reasons. All of this just adds to the bad situation, and there is absolutely no excuse for it.

• Like 2

Our public grade school is back in hybrid model as of last week. Two groups of kids, group A attends in-person Monday and Tuesday while group B attends in-person Thursday and Friday. Going well so far. My sister works for an adjacent grade school and I guess they are finally preparing for hybrid as well. Apparently the parents were quite irate at the last school board meeting and made it quite clear that they were displeased with all remote.

7 hours ago, greg775 said:

i've ignored Balta and Southsider so I wonder if they ripped me in the last 2 posts. Life is better when u don't get along with peeps and just ignore them. GO SOX!

I didn't even know it was possible to have admins on ignore. Most message boards don't allow it.

3 hours ago, NWINFan said:

What the country needs is consistent and accurate information. The CDC is being compromised for political reasons. All of this just adds to the bad situation, and there is absolutely no excuse for it.

I agree.  The politicians should stop interfering with the CDC, starting with the Presidential administration, and let them manage information as they see fit, instead of what is politically fit.

• Like 2

Good news, and the knee-slap pile-on for U of I despite them being the most well-planned college re-opening in the country was (unsurprisingly) too harsh. Mass testing does not mean no outbreaks can happen, it means you can respond to it quickly. 

On 9/22/2020 at 10:32 AM, greg775 said:

No animosity, it just seemed weird I had back to back replies from people I ignored and I mentioned the dreaded haircut in my post. No animosity meant. I'm sure plenty of people ignore me as well.

No one cares, you egomaniac. Fucking get over yourself, you've now taken to needling people when they don't take your bait, you actively make the board worse every time you post.

• Like 5
  • Love 3

Kansas football has ZERO positive cases of COVID-19 in its football program as of 4 pm. today. I mean Kansas State had 30 last week. WTF is goin on? I know sometimes college coaches and admins lie, but not for something this serious.

Edited by greg775