COVID-19/Coronavirus thread

caulfield12

9 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I don't think this is a "cover up" in any sense. I think this is the normal progression of the virus. Even if you're getting tested every day, it can take 4-5 days after exposure for your first positive test to show up. The Tennessee Titans had people exposed between Friday and Sunday of last week and still had a person test positive for the first time on Thursday. The Cardinals had a person whose positive test didn't show up for at least a week after he was exposed.

I am not willing to give them the benefit of the doubt here.

• Like 1

Just now, Dick Allen said:

I think it was great journalistic work that got the Hope Hicks result, and then this one. if not for that, from what I have seen the last 4 years, I don't think the public would know of Trump's diagnosis yet. They would have to eventually.

One thing this does do is probably save a few Wisconsin lives as he had 2 rallies tomorrow at this devestated state where ICU beds are running low.

That's fair. 

Trump didn't test positive until yesterday evening. The President coming down with something like this is something you can't hide. Like I showed 2 posts up, the military takes actions just in case when something like this happens, this can't be hidden.

They were just as irresponsible as they've been all year and it finally got them on one of those flights or meetings over the past week.

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Notre Dame's president has it now too. He was at the Supreme Court nomination event in the Rose Garden not wearing a mask, hugging people. Is it possible that was a spreader event?

For being one of the premiere educations in the country, they sure have some stupid people running it.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Notre Dame's president has it now too. He was at the Supreme Court nomination event in the Rose Garden not wearing a mask, hugging people. Is it possible that was a spreader event?

It is certainly possible. Usually you dont get video evidence of when the cult finally drinks the koolaid, but those videos are pretty bad. 

Senator Mike Lee holding his mask while he hugs people and talks right in their faces is a poster for what not to do. 

15 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Apparently at the Rose Garden event, guests were told they all tested negative and they could take their masks off. You wouldn't want the public to see people acting responsibly.  That is some solid advice.

Manslaughter.  Its what people should get charged with if someone dies from this.  People should go to jail for endangerment regardless.

1 hour ago, Soxbadger said:

It is certainly possible. Usually you dont get video evidence of when the cult finally drinks the koolaid, but those videos are pretty bad. 

Senator Mike Lee holding his mask while he hugs people and talks right in their faces is a poster for what not to do. 

It is entirely possible that the debate on Tuesday could have served as another spreading event and Vice President Biden wouldn’t have tested positive today even if he had it. You could literally have seen the president shedding virus as he spoke of you had super vision.

6 hours ago, StrangeSox said:

This sounds like trying to justify actions you know deep down aren't responsible.

Not at all. People have to eat. I stop into this restaurant three or four times a week. He's at 25% capacity, hand sanitizer at the door, they disinfect the tables after every person. It's safer than picking up groceries. It's very responsible.

It's clear that Balta doesn't believe in personal responsibility and we should deny people opportunity because some are irresponsible. I think that's rewarding the wrong kind of behavior. Do we really believe It's not the individual's fault because they can't follow rules in a restaurant or bar? 

Bankrupting small business because college kids can't follow rules is ridiculous. Punish the people who are actually doing harm. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Not any political message in this just one of those response things that interests me. This is apparently the "Doomsday" plane, these planes are able to issue launch orders to submarines in the event of Washington DC being destroyed. You're not supposed to see them pop up on flight trackers, and a couple popped up on each coastline last night, meaning they weren't just in the air, they turned their transponders on so that anyone who was thinking about testing the US right now could see them.

I was interested in the protocol as well. And I believe it highlights how the office of  President in many ways is just another cog in a bigger machine.

It's not like Trump devised that strategy. They pull out the playbook and follow the plan. Mr. President this is what we do now. You don't have a choice. 

I wonder where in the plans they decide to protect you and I? 

18 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Not at all. People have to eat. I stop into this restaurant three or four times a week. He's at 25% capacity, hand sanitizer at the door, they disinfect the tables after every person. It's safer than picking up groceries. It's very responsible.

It's clear that Balta doesn't believe in personal responsibility and we should deny people opportunity because some are irresponsible. I think that's rewarding the wrong kind of behavior. Do we really believe It's not the individual's fault because they can't follow rules in a restaurant or bar? 

Bankrupting small business because college kids can't follow rules is ridiculous. Punish the people who are actually doing harm. 

Weirdly enough, I've managed to not starve to death even though I haven't set foot inside restaurant in 7 months. You don't have to go to a restaurant to eat, as it turns out.

Our government completely failed on so many levels, and businesses are suffering as a result, but bars are restaurants are the ones doing a lot of harm right now.  It's not a matter of "personal responsibility" if the bars and restaurants being open even with perfect adherence to these rules means increased community transmission and more dead people.

It seems surreal to be arguing this when we're still dealing with an unchecked pandemic that's been going in rolling waves around the country for months with no end in sight. The personally responsible thing to do is to stay home and stay distant and not go engage in needlessly endangering behavior for you and your community. The public-policy responsible thing is to give these businesses (and their workers) money to get through this thing while keeping them shut down until things are under control, but that part is out of our control.

e: wiping down tables and hand sanitizer is not bad but it's more hygenie theater than anything. This thing spreads primarily through the air. Since you're in a restaurant eating and drinking, you and many others are unmasked for much of the time. That's very irresponsible behavior.

Edited by StrangeSox

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/02/politics/amy-coney-barrett-coronavirus-supreme-court-nominee/index.html
If they still try to jam the Coney Barrett nomination through before the election, they’re insane.

Fine, they can do whatever they want in the lame duck session, only common sense can stop them at that point I guess.

It’s unfortunate we likely miss the one watchable debate between Harris/Pence and likely get a cancellation of the second presidential debate at the end of next week.   Putting the Biden camp, accused constantly of weakness and running away and hiding in a basement with the biggest mask ever on...in quite an interesting position, politically speaking.  

Edited by caulfield12

When did the virus breach the Trump bubble? Inside a big Trump mystery

Trump interacted with dozens of aides and hundreds of supporters throughout a series of widely attended events over the past week. Now his team is trying to figure out how widely the virus may have spread in his orbit.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/02/trump-bubble-breach-coronavirus-positive-425531

2 hours ago, Texsox said:

There's this crazy new-fangled thing called "takeout" or "pick-up."  I've even heard that some restaurants will deliver the food directly to your home if you choose "delivery" for a small fee!  Now, what's really gonna knock your socks off is what these crazy kids are calling "Uber Eats" or "DoorDash" or "GrubHub."

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Not any political message in this just one of those response things that interests me. This is apparently the "Doomsday" plane, these planes are able to issue launch orders to submarines in the event of Washington DC being destroyed. You're not supposed to see them pop up on flight trackers, and a couple popped up on each coastline last night, meaning they weren't just in the air, they turned their transponders on so that anyone who was thinking about testing the US right now could see them.

Those ‘Doomsday Planes’ Have Nothing to Do With Trump's Covid-19 Test

https://www.wired.com/story/doomsday-planes-trump-covid-19-test/

I was a bit fascinated by your post Balta so I looked it up. Seems like other sources aren't so sure the two things are connected.

5 minutes ago, KipWellsFan said:

Those ‘Doomsday Planes’ Have Nothing to Do With Trump's Covid-19 Test

https://www.wired.com/story/doomsday-planes-trump-covid-19-test/

I was a bit fascinated by your post Balta so I looked it up. Seems like other sources aren't so sure the two things are connected.

Note that this says nothing about whether keeping their transponders on for public viewing is normal.