COVID-19/Coronavirus thread

caulfield12

43 minutes ago, SleepyWhiteSox said:

There's this crazy new-fangled thing called "takeout" or "pick-up."  I've even heard that some restaurants will deliver the food directly to your home if you choose "delivery" for a small fee!  Now, what's really gonna knock your socks off is what these crazy kids are calling "Uber Eats" or "DoorDash" or "GrubHub."

Lol this is what responsible adulting looks like. 

16016808276032693859961151904090.jpg

Live music. Good food. Nice wine. Does this look scary to you? According to Balta soon everyone will all be piled up together and spreading the virus. I'll let you know. They close at 8

This town has had dozens of cases in six months. 

If I'm going to eat at home I'll just cook myself. 

16016818314811308916696086824726.jpg

Jamie Seidelnews.com.au

America’s doomsday planes are in the air following news that the nation’s commander-in-chief, President Donald Trump, has COVID-19.

Two US Navy E-6B Mercury nuclear war command posts were observed in flight Friday, one on each coast of the United States. They were initiating the “Take Charge and Move Out” (TACAMO) defence protocol – essentially dispersing the command and communications facilities needed to control the US nuclear arsenal.

These aircraft are activated by the Pentagon when it is deemed necessary to communicate with the US Navy’s secretive nuclear missile submarines, stealth bombers and missile silos.

The move underscores the potential severity of the situation.

40 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Live music. Good food. Nice wine. Does this look scary to you? According to Balta soon everyone will all be piled up together and spreading the virus. I'll let you know. They close at 8

This town has had dozens of cases in six months. 

If I'm going to eat at home I'll just cook myself. 

16016818314811308916696086824726.jpg

Seems reasonable to me.

4 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

Seems reasonable to me.

Here's the difference between Balta and I. If suddenly everyone rushes the singer, links arms, and starts singing I believe they are at fault, Balta, as I understand his point, blames the government for allowing them to be open.

Personal responsibility.

Mindful of the following caveat: 

"2. Anything politicians do concerning coronavirus is fair game. The Biden / Trump mask on Memorial Day story is fair game, legislation discussed is fair game, racial disparities in the handling/impact of coronavirus are fair game. "

what are the parameters for discussing Trump's Covid-19 infection ?

This is a huge story that potentially impacts all Americans.

Would a separate thread be advisable?

26 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Jamie Seidelnews.com.au

America’s doomsday planes are in the air following news that the nation’s commander-in-chief, President Donald Trump, has COVID-19.

Two US Navy E-6B Mercury nuclear war command posts were observed in flight Friday, one on each coast of the United States. They were initiating the “Take Charge and Move Out” (TACAMO) defence protocol – essentially dispersing the command and communications facilities needed to control the US nuclear arsenal.

These aircraft are activated by the Pentagon when it is deemed necessary to communicate with the US Navy’s secretive nuclear missile submarines, stealth bombers and missile silos.

The move underscores the potential severity of the situation.

He endured the usual two hours of hair and makeup and put on a suit and tie to get on the helicopter.  I have the feeling he thinks it's not that serious.  Or doesn't want us to think it is.

21 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Here's the difference between Balta and I. If suddenly everyone rushes the singer, links arms, and starts singing I believe they are at fault, Balta, as I understand his point, blames the government for allowing them to be open.

Personal responsibility.

But the government or municipalities regulate DUI's, seat belts, speeding, food and drug safety, protecting us from environmental harms/negative externalities.  Why would the scientists, FDA and CDC (compared to politicians) have LESS&nbsp%3

Edited by caulfield12

When the singer finished his set people took turns dropping bills into the tip jar,  they walked in their groups to their cars, and got in line to pick up their cases of wine. 

People being responsible. They wore masks when getting refills, used the hand sanitizer, no dancing, disposable cutlery and tableware, and everyone kept their wine glasses. 

But hey, if you prefer Grub Hub and Netflix go for it. But there are adults out there who are responsible, care about others, and not stupid. Why not allow businesses that show they can follow rules open? 

And this was 25% of the normal crowd. They are scheduling four other pick up parties this weekend to follow the capacity rules. 

42 minutes ago, Texsox said:

When the singer finished his set people took turns dropping bills into the tip jar,  they walked in their groups to their cars, and got in line to pick up their cases of wine. 

People being responsible. They wore masks when getting refills, used the hand sanitizer, no dancing, disposable cutlery and tableware, and everyone kept their wine glasses. 

But hey, if you prefer Grub Hub and Netflix go for it. But there are adults out there who are responsible, care about others, and not stupid. Why not allow businesses that show they can follow rules open? 

And this was 25% of the normal crowd. They are scheduling four other pick up parties this weekend to follow the capacity rules. 

Because you're not only relying on businesses enforcing policies...but individuals also behaving responsibly. How much money are they still losing at 25%?  

How much more money would they be earning now if everyone just followed the rules for 2 1/2 - 3 months instead of just blowing the whole thing up early?  Businesses would have had at least June through October revenues...prime earning months for many, and normal returns to school would have been possible. Think of all the theatre failures that could have been avoided, or airline jobs preserved. 

Edited by caulfield12

6 hours ago, SleepyWhiteSox said:

There's this crazy new-fangled thing called "takeout" or "pick-up."  I've even heard that some restaurants will deliver the food directly to your home if you choose "delivery" for a small fee!  Now, what's really gonna knock your socks off is what these crazy kids are calling "Uber Eats" or "DoorDash" or "GrubHub."

IT is still a free country - tex is exercising his right to go to establishments that are open and eating there.  He is taking what he feels is a justified risk.  Not sure why people need to attack him for those choices.  He isn't saying he walks around flaunting no masks all over the place - he is doing something that is perfectly legal and I'm fairly certain it is legal to do in all 50 states, whether a republican state or democrat state.  

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Manslaughter.  Its what people should get charged with if someone dies from this.  People should go to jail for endangerment regardless.

I don't think anyone at that event was doing something they weren't comfortable with - they all knew the risk and took that risk.  They obviously either thought they were A) invincible because of all the testing and/or B) naive or 3) a combination of the above.  

Now if you knowingly have the virus and are wondering around out in big crowds, etc - totally different story.  

I was in my conspiracy theory world most of the day re: trump & covid - but with all of his close people coming down with it - seems more and more legitimate and maybe this is the eye-opener that was needed to show that COVID is REAL.  Now I'm just waiting for the tweet that Biden also has it.  

24 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

IT is still a free country - tex is exercising his right to go to establishments that are open and eating there.  He is taking what he feels is a justified risk.  Not sure why people need to attack him for those choices.  He isn't saying he walks around flaunting no masks all over the place - he is doing something that is perfectly legal and I'm fairly certain it is legal to do in all 50 states, whether a republican state or democrat state.  

But it's not.  We can't speed, drive drunk or choose not to wear seat belts unless we are willing to face the consequences for those behaviors that could potentially endanger ourselves or others. 

Can grocery stores and restaurants provide customers expired foods, or pharmacies expired drugs?   Sure, one is unlikely to get sick, but there's a huge fine/penalty to endanger their business model if they get caught. 

Why take risks that are not necessary and that could potentially result in the death/s of fellow human beings?   Freedom is more important than one's life if they are "only" senior citizens who are put at risk? 

Edited by caulfield12

5 hours ago, Texsox said:

Personal responsibility.

Personal responsibility means you only give a shit about yourself.  That's literally the issue.  We're where we're at because of the lack of social responsibility our selfish society is glaringly exhibiting.

• Like 4