COVID-19/Coronavirus thread

caulfield12

On 9/25/2020 at 2:28 PM, Balta1701 said:

Bars are open and we encourage you to go to bars. However, you have to be responsible and not go to bars. If you go to the bars I encourage you to go to go to, I will give you a stern lecture about personal responsibility for going to the bar that I told you to go to. How could you be so irresponsible as to go to the bar that I told you to go to? Shame on you.

It's what you do at the bar. Be responsible and don't congregate. Be responsible and social distance. I posted several pictures yesterday of adults being safe at a bar. Strangers were never closer than 15 feet without masks. If you can't handle being a responsible adult and following safety protocols stay the hell home or get arrested. But don't shut down a business because irresponsible people may show up. Quit making excuses for irresponsible people. 

What a whiney argument that people shouldn't be responsible for their own actions, that is should be the government that is responsible. I believe if someone doesn't wear a mask at the grocery store  they are being irresponsible  and THEY should be punished. If a business is being responsible and requiring masks, socially distancing, taking steps to disinfect after every customer, kicking out irresponsible customers who will not follow the rules, they should be allowed to continue to operate. In fact as a responsible adult I refuse to enter a business that isn't following those rules. 

As a society I'm so tired of people claiming nothing is the person's fault. That people can't be personally responsible for their own damn actions.  If the bar is open you can't ask people to stay 6 feet apart from strangers. You can't expect them not to dance. You can't expect people to actually follow rules. Bull shit. People have to be held personally accountable for their actions. People have to be responsible and do the right thing for themselves and everyone around them. If you can't follow rules you get punished not the people who are following the rules. If someone refuses to wear a mask in a grocery store they should be removed, we shouldn't shut down grocery stores. If someone refuses to stay six feet away from strangers in a bar they should be removed, the bar shouldn't be shut down.

But we just keep adapting for the people who don't give a shit about anyone else and shutting everything down. The hardworking responsible people have their lives ruined because nothing is anyone's fault anymore. We can't ask that anyone be personally responsible for their own actions and punish them. No, we have to punish the business owners and responsible people who will wear masks, socially distance, and take steps to not infect anyone else. People need to grow the hell up and be responsible instead of creating a society based around irresponsible people. 

And look at the pictures I posted yesterday. As soon as someone left the area it was sprayed with disinfectant and shut down while it dried. The owners of that place have their entire life savings invested. They are trying hard to stay afloat AND keep their customers safe. I'll take fighting for them over fighting for irresponsible people who can't be held responsible for their own actions. 

• Thanks 3

48 minutes ago, StrangeSox said:

Nothing out of the White House is reliable right now and everyone is contradicting themselves.

What seems clear is that Trump deteriorated enough yesterday that they became seriously concerned, but also that they probably knowingly exposed a bunch of donors at a fundraiser Thursday night, and probably knew before Thursday or at least had a good idea.

I paid $50,000 and all I got was this lousy virus.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I paid $50,000 and all I got was this lousy virus.

:notworthy:lolhitting:notworthy

I was trying to think of the best follow up and I keep thinking was it being  shot by a vice president, getting a stain on a blue dress, what are the other "gifts" from our nation's leaders?

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

It's what you do at the bar. Be responsible and don't congregate. Be responsible and social distance. I posted several pictures yesterday of adults being safe at a bar. Strangers were never closer than 15 feet without masks. If you can't handle being a responsible adult and following safety protocols stay the hell home or get arrested. But don't shut down a business because irresponsible people may show up. Quit making excuses for irresponsible people. 

What a whiney argument that people shouldn't be responsible for their own actions, that is should be the government that is responsible. I believe if someone doesn't wear a mask at the grocery store  they are being irresponsible  and THEY should be punished. If a business is being responsible and requiring masks, socially distancing, taking steps to disinfect after every customer, kicking out irresponsible customers who will not follow the rules, they should be allowed to continue to operate. In fact as a responsible adult I refuse to enter a business that isn't following those rules. 

As a society I'm so tired of people claiming nothing is the person's fault. That people can't be personally responsible for their own damn actions.  If the bar is open you can't ask people to stay 6 feet apart from strangers. You can't expect them not to dance. You can't expect people to actually follow rules. Bull shit. People have to be held personally accountable for their actions. People have to be responsible and do the right thing for themselves and everyone around them. If you can't follow rules you get punished not the people who are following the rules. If someone refuses to wear a mask in a grocery store they should be removed, we shouldn't shut down grocery stores. If someone refuses to stay six feet away from strangers in a bar they should be removed, the bar shouldn't be shut down.

But we just keep adapting for the people who don't give a shit about anyone else and shutting everything down. The hardworking responsible people have their lives ruined because nothing is anyone's fault anymore. We can't ask that anyone be personally responsible for their own actions and punish them. No, we have to punish the business owners and responsible people who will wear masks, socially distance, and take steps to not infect anyone else. People need to grow the hell up and be responsible instead of creating a society based around irresponsible people. 

And look at the pictures I posted yesterday. As soon as someone left the area it was sprayed with disinfectant and shut down while it dried. The owners of that place have their entire life savings invested. They are trying hard to stay afloat AND keep their customers safe. I'll take fighting for them over fighting for irresponsible people who can't be held responsible for their own actions. 

We've tried this approach. 200000+ dead and counting, no end in sight. It doesn't work.

5 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Over/under on the President leaving the hospital by Friday? How bad do you think this is?

Beyond "He's a 70+ year old man with other comorbidities", I have no idea what else we could believe right now from the messages that have been put out, so I have zero clue. I'm pretty sure Pence is not currently the President?

16 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Over/under on the President leaving the hospital by Friday? How bad do you think this is?

The messages out of the White House are mixed and unreliable, but it does seem like he was on supplemental oxygen at some point. He's been given experimental drugs as well. It must be pretty serious.

9 hours ago, Texsox said:

WTF? So if I don't go near anyone it means I don't give a shit about anyone else? If I wash my hands and use hand sanitizer before entering the grocery store I don't give a shit about anyone? If I wear a mask when I'm near anyone I don't give a shit?

Being a responsible person you don't want to spread the virus. People acting irresponsible like getting on a crowded dance floor are the problem. I just posted pictures of adults socially distancing, using masks when getting anywhere near each other. Your telling me those people don't give a shit about anyone but themselves? 

Why not look up the definition of responsible and irresponsible. 

Tex, is everyone being responsible?  Yes or no?

15 hours ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

You can drive, and you can drive while having a blood alcohol level up to .08. Driving is a risk to others whether you are responsible or not. It's about limiting the risk involved.  Tex and those by him appear to be doing that. 

So you agree that their should be laws in place to limit the risk of coronavirus.  Great.

14 minutes ago, SleepyWhiteSox said:

So you agree that their should be laws in place to limit the risk of coronavirus.  Great.

There are already measures in place to limit the risk of covid. 25% capacity, 6 foot distance. When did I ever argue about that?

55 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

He looked ok in the video he just posted.

Yes. He looked a little pale, but wasn’t using his bronzer. He sounded OK. Maybe slightly raspy, but didn’t seem to be out of breath. We will see.  Everything is such a show, it’s hard to know what to believe. The doctors on TV say the meds can mask the symptoms but they could come back. 

6 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Yes. He looked a little pale, but wasn’t using his bronzer. He sounded OK. Maybe slightly raspy, but didn’t seem to be out of breath. We will see.  Everything is such a show, it’s hard to know what to believe. The doctors on TV say the meds can mask the symptoms but they could come back. 

There is some question as to whether it was recorded today or yesterday. A lot of internet conspiracies out there. But many focus on the suit and that room isn't at Walter Reed.

0 accountability right now and half the govt seems completely okay that we have no idea if our govt is functioning or not.

11 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

There is some question as to whether it was recorded today or yesterday. A lot of internet conspiracies out there. But many focus on the suit and that room isn't at Walter Reed.

0 accountability right now and half the govt seems completely okay that we have no idea if our govt is functioning or not.

How would anyone know it wasn’t recorded in Walter Reed from that video? I thought they said there is a presidential suite there that I assume has very restricted access.

• Like 1

I want the federal government to mount a strong and effective response to an epidemic so that we don't have hundreds of thousands dead, millions more sick, and trillions in economic damage with things looking like we're going into Round 3 rather than any recovery.

But some people want restaurants and bars open so

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

How would anyone know it wasn’t recorded in Walter Reed from that video? I thought they said there is a presidential suite there that I assume has very restricted access.

According to the conspiracies Walter Reed has dark wood paneling in most rooms. This is supported by pictures of the Presidential Suite.

Hard to believe anything right now because of all the misinformation. I have never been there myself, just posting that we are now living in a world where we really have no way of verifying the truth.

6 hours ago, Texsox said:

It isn’t necessarily what you do at the bar. It is what everybody does at the bar. And especially after a couple of cocktails, even the most responsible people let their guards down. I understand wanting to help a business out, that is where to go and some government help should come in. Even doing what you are doing , with it at 25-50% capacity in most states, it’s just a matter of time until they can’t fight the landlord and other creditors off. I think the restaurant business is going to get real ugly in a couple of months without a big bailout. Chains are going to be 90% of the remaining  business.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, StrangeSox said:

We've tried this approach. 200000+ dead and counting, no end in sight. It doesn't work.

People wearing masks, socially distancing, and washing their hands doesn't work? Then close everything. Why have anything open? 

• Thanks 1