COVID-19/Coronavirus thread

caulfield12

1 hour ago, Quin said:

Remember that in February, the president told Bob Woodward COVID is 5x deadlier than the flu.

This guy is just digging himself a larger hole. A secret service agent has been quoted as saying Trump doesn't even put up the appearance of caring. From what he says and does, it appears that is so true.

11 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

This guy is just digging himself a larger hole. A secret service agent has been quoted as saying Trump doesn't even put up the appearance of caring. From what he says and does, it appears that is so true.

The President cares about exactly one person in his life.  Everyone else is at best a tool for his betterment.

• Like 1

Just now, Dick Allen said:

The WH doesn't want to contact trace. I think they are afraid DJT would be determined to be the superspreader.

Its a no win for them, so they don't want details out.  Someone brought it in, and their non-existent preventative measures allowed to spread unchecked.

41 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

The WH doesn't want to contact trace. I think they are afraid DJT would be determined to be the superspreader.

DC set a record of new daily cases, likely due to the incompetence and malice at the White House.

Edited by StrangeSox

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

You should want to get Covid. With all of the great drugs his administration has developed, you will feel better than you have in years.

Covid only lasts for 24 hours I hear.

Trump has called off talks over any additional stimulus. Real bad news for tens of millions of people.

If he goes on to lose in November, it's hard to see him signing anything during the lame duck period. That would put the prospects for any additional relief five months out from today. Nearly a full year after the initial relief.

We are seeing, very publicly and essentially live, how contagious COVID is.  It's spreading through the White House like wildfire, and also being traced back to the mask-less SCOTUS ceremony.  Chances are someone who either was directly affected at the WH or at the ceremony, or affected by someone who was there will die.  It's just terrible that this is happening and how the brainwashed still think it's essentially the flu.

21 minutes ago, StrangeSox said:

If he goes on to lose in November, it's hard to see him signing anything during the lame duck period. That would put the prospects for any additional relief five months out from today. Nearly a full year after the initial relief.

As much as I could use a second check, I would prefer a new president more,

2 hours ago, StrangeSox said:

Trump has called off talks over any additional stimulus. Real bad news for tens of millions of people.

Doesn’t he fancy himself as a big time deal maker? Seems a lot of people need this stimulus.  You would think with his self proclaimed negotiating skills, this should be a lay up.

More Covid, less stimulus. For some reason, I don’t think that is a good formula.

Edited by Dick Allen

3 hours ago, hogan873 said:

We are seeing, very publicly and essentially live, how contagious COVID is.  It's spreading through the White House like wildfire, and also being traced back to the mask-less SCOTUS ceremony.  Chances are someone who either was directly affected at the WH or at the ceremony, or affected by someone who was there will die.  It's just terrible that this is happening and how the brainwashed still think it's essentially the flu.

This also, which is even more disgusting when you think about who they were celebrating, and the possible ramifications.

10 hours ago, knightni said:

I assume that you took math in journalism school.

It's about 5%.

I don't know why people get so snippy on a message board. Thanx for doing the math for me anyway. Wondered if 800 would be considered alarming to many.

15 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I don't know why people get so snippy on a message board. Thanx for doing the math for me anyway. Wondered if 800 would be considered alarming to many.

I see that number and only think of shorter waits at the barber shop and a quicker Communion line, but I’m selfish. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/5/2020 at 7:07 PM, Chicago White Sox said:

This may be the dumbest, most dangerous tweet in his whole presidency.  Anyone who voted for this idiot con-artist should be embarrassed for the rest of their lives.

(the quote about feeling better than in 20 years) The steroid he's getting, Dexamethasone, makes you feel better even if you're sick.  They give it to cancer patients.  The "dietary supplement" he's getting, Melatonin, is a hormone produced by the pineal gland (it's above your brain) that regulates sleep.  One of the side effects of Dexamethasone is to keep you awake at night.  The guy doesn't understand why he's feeling better!

4 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Doesn’t he fancy himself as a big time deal maker? Seems a lot of people need this stimulus.  You would think with his self proclaimed negotiating skills, this should be a lay up.

More Covid, less stimulus. For some reason, I don’t think that is a good formula.

I guarantee with ~100% certainty that there will be a deal before election day even though he said there won't.  His negotiation style is to go to the extreme, in public, and scare people. Who are we to say it doesn't work?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Iwritecode said:

You're also talking about a perfect world were everyone listens and does what they are supposed to do with no argument at all instead of being forced to be responsible.

Sure it would be great if we made a plan where we just said "Hey everyone stay home for 3 weeks. Only go out if it's vitally necessary. After 3 weeks it will all be over and we can go back to normal again." But that's fantasy thinking.

Instead we have to force businesses to close because if we don't, people will still continue to go to them. Whether it's because they think the rules don't apply to them or because they think it's somehow against their "freedoms" or whatever else.

And here we are, months later continuing to fight this thing because so many people can't seem to do the right thing.

Agreed.  Open just grocery stores and we need people to shop responsibly. Open gas stations and we need people to shop responsibly. Tell people not to gather and we need people to be responsible and not gather. 

I've never said that just telling people to be responsible would work. That clearly would not work. But believing there is a plan that works if people don't follow it is pure fantasy.

Someone help me understand this. 

Our policies are failing because people are not being responsible so we really need people to be

A. Responsible

B. Irresponsible

I believe whatever we decide as the next phase we need A. If you believe B please explain.