COVID-19/Coronavirus thread

caulfield12

3 hours ago, Quin said:

And now, we return to discussing COVID.

Chicago doing some half-hearted "lockdown" of restaurants and bars again, starting Friday, because hey why not let things rage out of control for several more days before taking far from sufficient measures.

1 hour ago, pcq said:

The answer is some people like pro-lifers are voting for the team not the captain. There is no way to establish Trump's fitness objectively but many keep trying which is silly. 

Single issue voters are the key.  Get enough of them by identifying them and appealing to one specific issue and you just might win.  Abortion is just one of many such categories.

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

The White House released a list of POTUS accomplishments while in office. One was ending the pandemic.

Everything's politics. Probably should close the thread or let us rip about politics, too. i killed the last post I made after the post from a mod about "Now back to the talk about the pandemic."  Seems like DA's last post was political and could spurn a lot of political comments.

Edited by greg775
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Everything's politics. Probably should close the thread or let us rip about politics, too. i killed the last post I made after the post from a mod about "Now back to the talk about the pandemic."  Seems like DA's last post was political and could spurn a lot of political comments.

What, this is about Covid. The administration is saying the pandemic is over. That is news.  

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, pcq said:

Justin Turner tests positive then poses for team pics. Sounds criminal.  

This was totally irresponsible. MLB should come down hard on this guy and the players union should let that happen. So many precautions were taken to get this season in, and this jerk pulls this crap. A one year suspension sounds good to me.

For those that don’t know, I lost my dad in 2017. My mom in 2019. This is the uncle i was closest with.

he had a coworker test positive a few days ago. My uncle tested negative. Didn’t feel well this morning, got tested. Positive. Had trouble breathing. Went into the hospital. Then the ICU. They called his wife that she could come see him and he passed before she got there.