COVID-19/Coronavirus thread

caulfield12

11 hours ago, Heads22 said:

For those that don’t know, I lost my dad in 2017. My mom in 2019. This is the uncle i was closest with.

he had a coworker test positive a few days ago. My uncle tested negative. Didn’t feel well this morning, got tested. Positive. Had trouble breathing. Went into the hospital. Then the ICU. They called his wife that she could come see him and he passed before she got there. 

This is a sad story and you have my condolences. People need to know sad things like this happen and how badly it hurts.

15 hours ago, Heads22 said:

For those that don’t know, I lost my dad in 2017. My mom in 2019. This is the uncle i was closest with.

he had a coworker test positive a few days ago. My uncle tested negative. Didn’t feel well this morning, got tested. Positive. Had trouble breathing. Went into the hospital. Then the ICU. They called his wife that she could come see him and he passed before she got there. 

I’m very sorry to hear all of this. My deepest condolences.

On 10/28/2020 at 9:05 AM, Dick Allen said:

The White House released a list of POTUS accomplishments while in office. One was ending the pandemic.

Once you have destroyed truth anything is possible, mostly bad. 

On 10/28/2020 at 10:01 AM, greg775 said:

Everything's politics. Probably should close the thread or let us rip about politics, too. i killed the last post I made after the post from a mod about "Now back to the talk about the pandemic."  Seems like DA's last post was political and could spurn a lot of political comments.

DA’s post about the President touting ending the pandemic as one of his accomplishments was 10-12 posts after a graphic which showed COVID rising in 49 of 50 states.

I think that’s more on point than Ronnie and Ralph ending their relationship on the Stern show. 

Edited by Middle Buffalo

On Tuesday there is a private family viewing. My aunt is still technically quarantined - apparently she was told that she wouldn't be tested unless symptomatic, which seemed very strange. I plan to visit for a short amount of time - five hours on the road for about ten minutes. Shitty but still worth it. Will be wearing an N95 mask, and no hugs or anything for my aunt.

10 hours ago, Heads22 said:

On Tuesday there is a private family viewing. My aunt is still technically quarantined - apparently she was told that she wouldn't be tested unless symptomatic, which seemed very strange. I plan to visit for a short amount of time - five hours on the road for about ten minutes. Shitty but still worth it. Will be wearing an N95 mask, and no hugs or anything for my aunt.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. 

19 minutes ago, Texsox said:

I'm numb to the numbers at this point. Six months ago I knew the daily infection and death totals in my area. Now I have no clue. 

Apparently the state of Texas does not count the rapid test results as part of their total, so even if you knew the reported numbers, you don’t actually know them.

19 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Apparently the state of Texas does not count the rapid test results as part of their total, so even if you knew the reported numbers, you don’t actually know them.

Does it even really matter on an individual response level? Mask, hand sanitizer, no contact, social distancing, it's just a habit at this point whether there were 100 cases or 1000 cases yesterday. I just don't see that stopping anytime soon. 

On a macrolevel for policies it's important. 

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

Does it even really matter on an individual response level? Mask, hand sanitizer, no contact, social distancing, it's just a habit at this point whether there were 100 cases or 1000 cases yesterday. I just don't see that stopping anytime soon. 

On a macrolevel for policies it's important. 

We had been bringing our 3-1/2 year old daughter masked up on quick runs to the grocery or hardware store if we had to go so she could at least see people who weren't her immediate family or grandparents. Stopped doing that again a few weeks ago as cases really started to climb in Illinois. We're now back to more of an April mindset, do every possible thing curbside, don't go into a store unless you absolutely must.

Specific daily cases in Will or Illinois in general though, yeah I couldn't tell you. "Very bad and getting worse"

1 hour ago, NWINFan said:

All I can say is that the "Fire Fauci" chants at the Trump Florida are insane. All those people endangered themselves and others by going to that rally and then they slandered a good man's name. Just insane.

When Trump was in the hospital and needed to consult for his personal issue, he called Fauci, not Atlas. This reality show BS needs to end. People are dying.

6 hours ago, StrangeSox said:

We had been bringing our 3-1/2 year old daughter masked up on quick runs to the grocery or hardware store if we had to go so she could at least see people who weren't her immediate family or grandparents. Stopped doing that again a few weeks ago as cases really started to climb in Illinois. We're now back to more of an April mindset, do every possible thing curbside, don't go into a store unless you absolutely must.

Specific daily cases in Will or Illinois in general though, yeah I couldn't tell you. "Very bad and getting worse"

We took our 5 year old grandson to his first corn maze and regretted it for weeks until any danger of infection passed.