COVID-19/Coronavirus thread

caulfield12

The son of a competing golf coach tested positive this evening. We were in close contact today. We both were outside and wearing masks but we handed trophies and medals back and forth. I'm a little freaked out. At times at other tournaments I've rolled up next to him and forgotten my mask for a few moments. Today I was walking and thankfully had on a mask the entire time.

He was all choked up when he called to tell me and kept apologizing. I kept telling him to stop apologizing, we both followed all safety precautions. He's working from home the next couple weeks while worrying about every cough, sniffle, headache, or sore throat.

Final worry my assistant coach was with us today. If he tests positive our season is suspended for two weeks.

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

The son of a competing golf coach tested positive this evening. We were in close contact today. We both were outside and wearing masks but we handed trophies and medals back and forth. I'm a little freaked out. At times at other tournaments I've rolled up next to him and forgotten my mask for a few moments. Today I was walking and thankfully had on a mask the entire time.

He was all choked up when he called to tell me and kept apologizing. I kept telling him to stop apologizing, we both followed all safety precautions. He's working from home the next couple weeks while worrying about every cough, sniffle, headache, or sore throat.

Final worry my assistant coach was with us today. If he tests positive our season is suspended for two weeks.

Good to be cautious but being outside is a huge help. I’m sure you’ll be fine but I’d try to isolate for five days and test

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

How long were you in close (less than a few feet) contact? Seconds or tens of minutes? If both people are masked and outside, getting a sufficient dose is pretty unlikely unless it’s for several minutes.

24 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

How long were you in close (less than a few feet) contact? Seconds or tens of minutes? If both people are masked and outside, getting a sufficient dose is pretty unlikely unless it’s for several minutes.

And that's the problem. We can't remember how long. Probably 15 to 20 minutes over a couple hours.

33 minutes ago, bmags said:

Good to be cautious but being outside is a huge help. I’m sure you’ll be fine but I’d try to isolate for five days and test

Our school district protocol is keep coming to campus unless the other tests positive then I'm home for two weeks.

Just now, Texsox said:

Keep going because the person I was near hasn't tested positive.

Bizarre. Not sure the virus respects school employment, but that said, I'm sure you won't feel relieved until you know, but this would be an incredible edge case. Good luck Tex.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, bmags said:

Bizarre. Not sure the virus respects school employment, but that said, I'm sure you won't feel relieved until you know, but this would be an incredible edge case. Good luck Tex.

I haven't been in close contact with someone who tested positive. I'm praying he doesn't test positive but they are in the same house, so I'm expecting the worse. 

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

Keep going because the person I was near hasn't tested positive.

Oh, ok, so you weren't near the person who tested positive. That probably means there's a good chance they weren't contagious, that's good news. That said, you should be under a 7 day quarantine if we were handling this well. No offense. 

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

I haven't been in close contact with someone who tested positive. I'm praying he doesn't test positive but they are in the same house, so I'm expecting the worse. 

I misunderstood your story on who you were engaging with. Makes more sense now, but doesn't change that I think you'll be okay in the end. Good luck, I hope you have a quick turn around on results.

On October 24, the US 7 day moving average for cases crossed 62,000. It crossed 124,000 yesterday, November 10. That’s a doubling in 2.5 weeks, with only minimal responses being offered.

At that pace, the case load by Thanksgiving will be approaching 200,000 a day, but that’s so high that testing will be back to not up to the task of keeping up with cases.

I knew this was coming. Not saying it'll be good or bad but I pray the complete shutdown of the USA in January which could be coming, works on all levels. If toilet paper sells out again, I'm gonna scream BTW.

https://www.outkick.com/are-we-heading-toward-another-long-term-lockdown/

Edited by greg775

Ticketmaster is working on a plan to verify those going to events have had the vaccine or have tested negative in the 72 hours before the event.  This is probably the only way we get live sports and concerts by next spring/summer.  And that's planning on the vaccine being approved and available to the general public.

This will keep the anti-vaxxers and conspiracy theorists out of stadiums and concert venues anyway.

There’s going to be enough material for Bob Woodward to write another full book at this rate.

Maybe the strategy is to let Covid run free so as to discourage an attack against the US when Defense, CIA, FBI top leadership is fired or crippled?

Of course, that would require the admin having any “strategic” plan other than retiring campaign debt until January 20th.

Operation OAN is already up and running, it seems.