COVID-19/Coronavirus thread

caulfield12

7 hours ago, greg775 said:

I knew this was coming. Not saying it'll be good or bad but I pray the complete shutdown of the USA in January which could be coming, works on all levels. If toilet paper sells out again, I'm gonna scream BTW.

https://www.outkick.com/are-we-heading-toward-another-long-term-lockdown/

Look on the bright side, I can give you a haircut.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Texsox said:

At my wife's school an elective teacher tested positive. Because the teacher floated they stopped all face to face instruction and moved to 100% virtual. They had a good ten weeks.

In our school district the HS just went to full remote learning through Nov 30th because they simply don't have enough staff for all the classes.

I'm not sure why they didn't just make it through the end of the year. Seems kinda dumb to go back to F2F learning for 3 weeks in December then have everyone off for 2 weeks for Christmas break.

2 hours ago, hogan873 said:

Ticketmaster is working on a plan to verify those going to events have had the vaccine or have tested negative in the 72 hours before the event.  This is probably the only way we get live sports and concerts by next spring/summer.  And that's planning on the vaccine being approved and available to the general public.

This will keep the anti-vaxxers and conspiracy theorists out of stadiums and concert venues anyway.

This is less strict than the White House. We saw how that worked.

10 hours ago, greg775 said:

I knew this was coming. Not saying it'll be good or bad but I pray the complete shutdown of the USA in January which could be coming, works on all levels. If toilet paper sells out again, I'm gonna scream BTW.

https://www.outkick.com/are-we-heading-toward-another-long-term-lockdown/

If you hear Greg screaming he just took a crap and needs tp so ignore him unless you have some paper to donate.

3 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Doctors Without Borders is now focusing their aid on the US, having decided that it’s the most looming humanitarian disaster in the world right now & we have a president who can’t think of anything but feeling sorry for himself.

I'm glad someone is willing to help because we need it. Yes, Trump is AWOL right now, and the fact that the GOP is looking the other way is scandalous. Too much is at stake here. It is time for the 25th.

3 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

The Trump administration is refusing to give the Biden transition team access to any details about their “operation warp speed” plans for vaccine production and distribution. 

Not surprising since Trump no doubt doesn't see any political gain for him.  Also shows how much he cares for the American people. 

2 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

Not surprising since Trump no doubt doesn't see any political gain for him.  Also shows how much he cares for the American people. 

Or based on the Trump history, he has a financial interest in something, somewhere along the line that he doesn't want found out.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Texsox said:

If you hear Greg screaming he just took a crap and needs tp so ignore him unless you have some paper to donate.

My mood has changed today. Hear all hospitals are filling up in the state and surrounding states. Hear they are or will soon be turning away people from hospitals. Thanksgiving gatherings are probably going to be held in at least 1/3 of the households that normally hold them probably more amid COVID. How can ANYBODY go to such a gathering? Health care workers and doctors are running low. Seriously whatever you think of me, it's time to band together and figure out how to survive this. Not sure what the nation is saying today, if they are still arguing, but politics aside, I am scared to death today at this COVID onslaught. I have heard nothing but scary scary stuff entering the weekend.

Sorry but I'm legitimally upset at what lies ahead. Thanks for listening/reading.

5 minutes ago, greg775 said:

My mood has changed today. Hear all hospitals are filling up in the state and surrounding states. Hear they are or will soon be turning away people from hospitals. Thanksgiving gatherings are probably going to be held in at least 1/3 of the households that normally hold them probably more amid COVID. How can ANYBODY go to such a gathering? Health care workers and doctors are running low. Seriously whatever you think of me, it's time to band together and figure out how to survive this. Not sure what the nation is saying today, if they are still arguing, but politics aside, I am scared to death today at this COVID onslaught. I have heard nothing but scary scary stuff entering the weekend.

Sorry but I'm legitimally upset at what lies ahead. Thanks for listening/reading.

We’ve turned a corner. Covid is over. It’s a hoax the Dems will never mention after the election. 

Its really too bad it took what it is taking for people to back off making this a political issue. It took Chris Christie a week in the ICU and almost dying before he saw through the stupidity. Now more people are dying even though Rudy and JR. say no one dies from it anymore. Hopefully common sense will prevail, because playing politics during this pandemic failed miserably.

Edited by Dick Allen

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

We’ve turned a corner. Covid is over. It’s a hoax the Dems will never mention after the election. 

Its really too bad it took what it is taking for people to back off making this a political issue. It took Chris Christie a week in the ICU and almost dying before he saw through the stupidity. Now more people are dying even though Rudy and JR. say no one dies from it anymore. Hopefully common sense will prevail, because playing politics during this pandemic failed miserably.

Half the people I've talked to today about what's ahead for us locally and in America bring up politics. We can blast Trump all we want if it makes us feel better. It's here. It's real and I'm scared. It was pretty obvious once we got to the winter it was gonna spike like the flu does every winter.  If it makes America feel better to blast the Covid-deniers fine I guess. But I'm more worried about what's going on and about to happen. ie. doctors and nurses running low in numbers and hospitals full. I wish everybody good health, hope we can somehow survive physically and $$ wise. Bless u all and your families. Hopefully my mood will change but I've heard some scary bleep today. Be careful.

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Half the people I've talked to today about what's ahead for us locally and in America bring up politics. We can blast Trump all we want if it makes us feel better. It's here. It's real and I'm scared. It was pretty obvious once we got to the winter it was gonna spike like the flu does every winter.  If it makes America feel better to blast the Covid-deniers fine I guess. But I'm more worried about what's going on and about to happen. ie. doctors and nurses running low in numbers and hospitals full. I wish everybody good health, hope we can somehow survive physically and $$ wise. Bless u all and your families. Hopefully my mood will change but I've heard some scary bleep today. Be careful.

Just try and remember this when you get cranky about long hair