COVID-19/Coronavirus thread

caulfield12

10 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Just wondered, am I allowed to post how they celebrated Thanksgiving on the Portland streets?

No

but go ahead and think about the comparison you think is so smart.  You call the protests in Portland unlawful and terrible and all kinds of things and you want the church to be able to do the same shit.  So if this Portland protest is a superspreader event the church should be able to do it to.  Some awesome pretzel logic 

11 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

No

but go ahead and think about the comparison you think is so smart.  You call the protests in Portland unlawful and terrible and all kinds of things and you want the church to be able to do the same shit.  So if this Portland protest is a superspreader event the church should be able to do it to.  Some awesome pretzel logic 

You said no so I did not read what else you wrote; skipped over it. I so wish there was an ignore function for mods. I'd last on here a lot longer.

Edited by greg775

15 hours ago, greg775 said:

You said no so I did not read what else you wrote; skipped over it. I so wish there was an ignore function for mods. I'd last on here a lot longer.

You'd really last even longer if you put on a different sock puppet. I can image greg776 as less reactionary and more introspective.  Perhaps even posting a more in depth thought than the surface panic of greg775. Actually I'd personally really enjoy that.  But it's difficult to kill off a character. 

15 hours ago, greg775 said:

You'd last the longest if you dropped the act you picked up in the last few years. Then again it is particularly funny for someone who has been on the same message board for over 18 years claiming to be some sort of a victim.

• Thanks 1

Sad moment today.  I stopped by a garage sale to look at some woodworking tools that were advertised. The owner lost his job as a bartender and is losing his house.  The guy was thankful his kids are all grown and out of the house.  I felt like an ass but what he was asking for the tools was triple their value, in one case more than a current new one.  I made an offer but he refused.  I hope a more generous person or an ignorant buyer finds his sale. 

Thank you senators for not coming together with a bailout  for individuals. 

1 hour ago, Danny Dravot said:

So if church services met in a park and wore masks, you’d be cool with it?

Not sure what the secrecy of the meeting has to do with it, though.

Yes.

They went to extreme lengths to hold a 7,000 person wedding with no restrictions held in secret. With people shoulder to shoulder. You do that if you know you're breaking all the rules.

5 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I don't follow this thread much, but how many of you here have been positive for COVID yet? I just got tested yesterday, and then about 2 hours after my test I lost my taste and smell. Super strange to get absolutely no enjoyment out of eating. 

😐 no good man, I hope your symptoms stay mild and manageable 

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Trust me guys, it's safe to go to church

2F262F5F-3052-446E-95FC-6011CC5F262E.jpeg

It's not safe to go anywhere. Any interactions  with other people are unsafe.  From delivery drivers,  to health care workers,  to the person that pumped gas before you and now you're grabbing that nozzle. Just stay home if you can. 

Those posts are a great reminder,  but I doubt they are real based on the time line.  But who knows. 

4 hours ago, Texsox said:

It's not safe to go anywhere. Any interactions  with other people are unsafe.  From delivery drivers,  to health care workers,  to the person that pumped gas before you and now you're grabbing that nozzle. Just stay home if you can. 

Those posts are a great reminder,  but I doubt they are real based on the time line.  But who knows. 

No, it isn't safe to go anywhere, and I'm amazed that people get so hostile at the idea of changing their routines for a short time. They will be able to go to church again when things improve. A person can find different ways of doing things. My mother used to pray at home daily. I'm sure others can adapt, too. At the very least, don't listen to Trump. He has been wrong or has lied about everything. Just ask his family. His staff. His supporters. His Secret Service detail.

I got sick on Christmas Eve after being at a couple of different work events in Chicago during the preceding two weeks. I don't know what I had, but literally every symptom of what I had is a symptom of covid.  Seeing the timeline moved up again, I wonder if I had it before anyone realize what it was.

I ran a fever from Christmas Eve until Jan 2, peaking out around 104. Even liberal Advil usage would bring it back to the 101 range.

I had the dry cough.

I lost my voice completely for about 5 days. I barely had one for a couple of weeks after that. I still haven't completely gotten it back 11 months later.

I got pneumonia that took three different steroid cycles to fully beat. I never had any pneumonia before. 

I was more tired and lethargic than I have ever been.

I lost about 15 pounds. I didn’t eat at all for the first four days, and maybe scraps of things for about a week after that.  It took a couple of months to get my normal appetite back.

My sense of smell was shot, though I didn't notice any taste changes.

I tested as negative for the flu.

No sneezing or runny nose. Extremely sore throat and nasty deep dry cough.

7 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

I got sick on Christmas Eve after being at a couple of different work events in Chicago during the preceding two weeks. I don't know what I had, but literally every symptom of what I had is a symptom of covid.  Seeing the timeline moved up again, I wonder if I had it before anyone realize what it was.

I ran a fever from Christmas Eve until Jan 2, peaking out around 104. Even liberal Advil usage would bring it back to the 101 range.

I had the dry cough.

I lost my voice completely for about 5 days. I barely had one for a couple of weeks after that. I still haven't completely gotten it back 11 months later.

I got pneumonia that took three different steroid cycles to fully beat. I never had any pneumonia before. 

I was more tired and lethargic than I have ever been.

I lost about 15 pounds. I didn’t eat at all for the first four days, and maybe scraps of things for about a week after that.  It took a couple of months to get my normal appetite back.

My sense of smell was shot, though I didn't notice any taste changes.

I tested as negative for the flu.

No sneezing or runny nose. Extremely sore throat and nasty deep dry cough.

I assume some people will start calling it the US Flu?