COVID-19/Coronavirus thread

caulfield12

Just now, Chisoxfn said:

Your first or your 2nd?  

My first surprisingly....hopefully this doesn't mean the 2nd shot, which is supposed to be the one that is rough, really gets me worse.

Might end up taking the following day off just in case. 

15 minutes ago, scs787 said:

My first surprisingly....hopefully this doesn't mean the 2nd shot, which is supposed to be the one that is rough, really gets me worse.

Had you had covid before? I've heard of some that their first shot acted like the booster there, with the body already primed to fight it off.

17 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

OK, I need a ruling:

Am I a bad guy for deriving some delicious schadenfreude from seeing @ssh0les like this get a measure of comeuppance?

I'm all in on laughing at them 

16 minutes ago, scs787 said:

Most people have it worse after the 2nd, but not always. My cousin's wife was like you after her first shot, but had nothing but a sore arm for 24 hours after the 2nd. Hopefully, that will be you.

Just now, bmags said:

Had you had covid before? I've heard of some that their first shot acted like the booster there, with the body already primed to fight it off.

I have not knowingly had it no. It's possible that I have without the symptoms though.

I got my first last Wednesday and it was the first night I slept like a baby in forever. It wiped me out and I hope the second does the same in a few weeks without any other side effects. 😂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

OK, I need a ruling:

Am I a bad guy for deriving some delicious schadenfreude from seeing @ssh0les like this get a measure of comeuppance?

I hope skeptics like Nugent get bad enough cases that they become advocates for getting the vaccine. 

On 4/20/2021 at 3:41 PM, smalls2598 said:

I got my second Pfizer shot this past Saturday, and aside from having a sore arm for a few days, I was fine. 

My wife did get a fever the night of her second shot, and had to take the next day off work.  

After taking the day off did she suddenly improve the following day? Did she just suddenly start feeling better on Day Two or is it a gradual process where you stay sick a while like with a flu/cold? At what point should you go to emergency room if things don't improve? My shot No. 2 is approaching and I am concerned about symptoms.

12 minutes ago, greg775 said:

After taking the day off did she suddenly improve the following day? Did she just suddenly start feeling better on Day Two or is it a gradual process where you stay sick a while like with a flu/cold? At what point should you go to emergency room if things don't improve? My shot No. 2 is approaching and I am concerned about symptoms.

When my wife got hers she felt like the flu for 12-18 hours and then she said it flipped like a switch and she felt fine. I'm sure it's different for everyone, but what I've generally heard is that it's a short duration no longer than a day and then you're back to normal. I've got my second coming up Tuesday morning and anticipating I might need to take off Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday, but no more than that.

2 minutes ago, Marqhead said:

When my wife got hers she felt like the flu for 12-18 hours and then she said it flipped like a switch and she felt fine. I'm sure it's different for everyone, but what I've generally heard is that it's a short duration no longer than a day and then you're back to normal. I've got my second coming up Tuesday morning and anticipating I might need to take off Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday, but no more than that.

Thank you. I feel like I'm letting down my body. I haven't had the flu in 10 or more years thanks to getting the vaccine and now I'm about to voluntarily likely make myself sick. I just hope the symptoms aren't awful. I remember in the old days of getting the flu how horrid the chills are as well as puking.

1 hour ago, Marqhead said:

Greg...similar to what Maqhead said, my wife had flu like symptoms for about 24 hours, and by the evening of the day she took off, she said she felt refreshed and energetic.  After seeing what she went through, I was preparing for the worst, so I was extremely happy that I just had a sore arm.  Good luck to you.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2021 at 2:34 PM, Brian said:

I got my first last Wednesday and it was the first night I slept like a baby in forever. It wiped me out and I hope the second does the same in a few weeks without any other side effects. 😂

I said the same about actually having COVID lol overall I was fine, just tired. Best sleep I have had in years. After I got my second Pfizer dose though, I felt horrible on and off for about 3 days. Felt worse than actually having COVID.

Edited by manbearpuig

1 hour ago, manbearpuig said:

I said the same about actually having COVID lol overall I was fine, just tired. Best sleep I have had in years. After I got my second Phizer does though, I felt horrible on and off for about 3 days. Felt worse than actually having COVID.

Now I’m scared

Today was a banner day for my wife's ongoing ordeal which has to be almost 6 weeks and no change to her condition.  She had an appointment with a neurologist who was referred by a pulmonologist.  She gets to her appointment with all her records,and referrals  etc. The doctor spent the entire time telling her that she had no idea why my wife was referred to her, and had no clue who the doctor is who made the referral. So my wife broke down and cried as she as well as I, am beyond frustrated. The doctor did make a few calls and got her another appointment with someone else. Then, finally,   gave her something for the pain. Of course, it made her throw up. Then she comes home and gets a phone call from the hospital.  Seems the tests for which she had blood drawn last week, which resulted in 6 or 7 bandaids and guaze up and down her arms because they kept missing her vein, were lost because her name , despite always having to provide ID and an insurance card, were incorrectly entered into their system,  and they have no way to find them. So she gets to go back and do it again.  It is amazing people actually survive life threatening illnesses the way this system is set up.

36 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Today was a banner day for my wife's ongoing ordeal which has to be almost 6 weeks and no change to her condition.  She had an appointment with a neurologist who was referred by a pulmonologist.  She gets to her appointment with all her records,and referrals  etc. The doctor spent the entire time telling her that she had no idea why my wife was referred to her, and had no clue who the doctor is who made the referral. So my wife broke down and cried as she as well as I, am beyond frustrated. The doctor did make a few calls and got her another appointment with someone else. Then, finally,   gave her something for the pain. Of course, it made her throw up. Then she comes home and gets a phone call from the hospital.  Seems the tests for which she had blood drawn last week, which resulted in 6 or 7 bandaids and guaze up and down her arms because they kept missing her vein, were lost because her name , despite always having to provide ID and an insurance card, were incorrectly entered into their system,  and they have no way to find them. So she gets to go back and do it again.  It is amazing people actually survive life threatening illnesses the way this system is set up.

Dick - I go to this thread hoping to see a positive update re: your wife....than see the start....and banner day...and felt relieved, only to end the post more mortified at just the most recent set back.  So sorry you all are going through this and really really hope things are about to take a turn for the better!  

9 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Dick - I go to this thread hoping to see a positive update re: your wife....than see the start....and banner day...and felt relieved, only to end the post more mortified at just the most recent set back.  So sorry you all are going through this and really really hope things are about to take a turn for the better!  

Thank you. The good news is my wife in tiny, but she is tough. She will prevail. The scary news is she is a well insured person going to a top of the line hospital, and the comedy of errors is beyond alarming. What kind of care do the un or under insured get? What if this was life threatening?  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

I’m sorry to hear what is happening to your wife. Hopefully things turnaround well for her and soon.