COVID-19/Coronavirus thread

caulfield12

1 hour ago, Tony said:

That's weird, a day ago you said you don't want Fox News....so how would you know this? Or are you just spit-balling? 

Additionally: 

I don't watch Fox News. They are a part of the corporate media and they don't deviate from what the elitists and corporatists want. The elites/corporations want everyone vaccinated. You seem pick up on the simple concept of the Corporate media (that stokes division) that they want you to pick up on to make our citizenry full of lemmings.

Corporate media other than Fox = "good, the official word, "science", etc." AND Fox News = "Right-wing, Russia, etc."

I just look at them for all being deceitful and gross corporate media companies with motives that aren't concerned with what's best for the people. Although Fox at least has guests on that the rest of media won't give any time of day because of their attachment to the truth over the media's narrative. People like Greenwald, Taibi, etc. (yes I am aware these people were on CNN/MSNBC prior to the last few years). My intake of Fox is watching segments of people like that on YouTube and that's it. Certainly don't have the intake of Fox News that you do given all these videos you just pulled up. Unless you did all that research just to "get me" which I wouldn't put past you.

So now, not sure if you actually watched the videos, but none of them have any Fox employee speaking out against the vaccine. 

1.) The first video is against the procedure that the administration is talking about in knocking on the doors for the non-vaccinated. That is not being against the vaccine. That is being against the government being Orwellian. This video is not a Fox news employee expressing views against the vaccine itself.

2.) The second video is against the government spending ungodly amount of taxpayer of money in campaigns to advertise for big pharma's COVID products but not on Cancer and other issues.  The video continues on being against the idea of forced vaccination. This video is not a Fox news employee expressing views against the vaccine itself.

3.) The third video is a doctor saying that 42% of Delta variant cases in the UK have been people who are vaccinated so the vaccine isn't going to be solution for Delta Variant given the numbers in UK and Israel. I am sure you know more than this doctor and your opinion is more important but once again, this video is not a Fox news employee expressing views against the vaccine itself.

4.) The fourth video is a guest speaking out about COVID guidelines trying to segregate college students and afford them less rights if they choose to not get vaccinated. This video is not a Fox news employee expressing views against the vaccine itself.

-----------

It seems you don't pick up on any nuance of this discussion. You can be for the vaccine but against the government putting significant taxpayer money towards these ridiculous ad campaigns and against the government forcing it on people. You can be for the vaccine and against the idea of unvaccinated people getting less rights. You can be for the vaccine and still acknowledge the facts of the data that is coming regarding the Delta variant.

I got vaccinated. The primary reason I got vaccinated was because I see my parents weekly and I wouldn't want to risk exposing them. I do not care whether others do or do not get vaccinated. It is not my business what others do with their body. If people want to get vaccinated or get an abortion or get a tattoo or get surgeries to transition gender I believe it is their right. Their body, their choice. It is not my business what they want to do and I would fight against any type of mandatory injection of an exogenous anything. I definitely think individuals over the age of 60 should get vaccinated, but if they chose not to, that is their business and they can live with the risk. I am not going to call them names or support lunatic government actions to force people to do things they don't want to do.

If you're concerned with COVID, worry about yourself, get vaccinated and stop worrying about COVID. Everyone knows about the vaccine. It is available for free everywhere. The fact that the corporate media and this administration are still obsessed with it is only undermining the public's trust in it. 

Edited by raBBit

16 minutes ago, raBBit said:

It seems you don't pick up on any nuance of this discussion. You can be for the vaccine but against the government putting significant taxpayer money towards these ridiculous ad campaigns and against the government forcing it on people. You can be for the vaccine and against the idea of unvaccinated people getting less rights. You can be for the vaccine and still acknowledge the facts of the data that is coming regarding the Delta variant.

I got vaccinated. The primary reason I got vaccinated was because I see my parents weekly and I wouldn't want to risk exposing them. I do not care whether others do or do not get vaccinated. It is not my business what others do with their body. If people want to get vaccinated or get an abortion or get a tattoo or get surgeries to transition gender I believe it is their right. Their body, their choice. It is not my business what they want to do and I would fight against any type of mandatory injection of an exogenous anything. I definitely think individuals over the age of 60 should get vaccinated, but if they chose not to, that is their business and they can live with the risk. I am not going to call them names or support lunatic government actions to force people to do things they don't want to do.

If you're concerned with COVID, worry about yourself, get vaccinated and stop worrying about COVID. Everyone knows about the vaccine. It is available for free everywhere. The fact that the corporate media and this administration are still obsessed with it is only undermining the public's trust in it. 

1. The government forces vaccination on people all the time for a variety of reasons. School attendance, travel, daycare registration are all places that are allowed to require vaccination, and many do. 

2. This is still a virus. If some near me gets an abortion, it does not give me an abortion. If you get a tattoo and stand next to me, I don't wind up with a tattoo. If you meet a transgendered person, they do not alter your gender identity. However, what you do with your body does absolutely affect me in the case of a virus. If a person wishes to put themselves at greater risk of contracting and spreading the virus, they are affecting my body and putting me at risk. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

2. This is still a virus. If some near me gets an abortion, it does not give me an abortion. If you get a tattoo and stand next to me, I don't wind up with a tattoo. If you meet a transgendered person, they do not alter your gender identity. However, what you do with your body does absolutely affect me in the case of a virus. If a person wishes to put themselves at greater risk of contracting and spreading the virus, they are affecting my body and putting me at risk. 

Then get vaccinated. If you're vaccinated, you won't have to worry about others spreading it to you. Even if you get it your risk is tiny. I have had the flu multiple times and I have had COVID once. Each time I had the flu was worse than COVID. If you're vaccinated and afraid of others because of COVID you should not leave home during flu season. 

Edited by raBBit

3 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Then get vaccinated. If you're vaccinated, you won't have to worry about others spreading it to you. Even if you get it your risk is tiny. I have had the flu multiple times and I have had COVID once. Each time I had the flu was worse than COVID. If you're vaccinated and afraid of others because of COVID you should not leave home during flu season. 

How do things change if my immune system does not work correctly? Please let me know where someone has published this information because I haven't seen any version of that study.

80% of hospitalized COVID patients were overweight. 80% of hospitalized COVID patients were Vitamin D deficient. Why doesn't the government and their propaganda wing in the corporate media inform the people of this? If they were actually concerned with the people and what COVID can do they would inform them that supplementing with Vitamin D and having general fitness alleviates the vast majority or risk for the vast majority of people. 

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

How do things change if my immune system does not work correctly? Please let me know where someone has published this information because I haven't seen any version of that study.

You're right you should just stay home. 

Clearly I am speaking of the masses. Someone with some outlier condition should talk to their doctor on how to go about handling it. Frankly, it isn't a concern when considering how to treat the masses. If you're at risk, get vaccinated. It's that simple. If that person doesn't want to get vaccinated then they face the risk that they may have made the bed that they could expire in. 

Edited by raBBit

And that's how far your standing up for someone's freedom goes. 

You're being obtuse. Just stop responding to my posts. 

Edited by raBBit
  • Haha 1

Just now, raBBit said:

You're being obtuse. Just stop responding to my posts. I don't want to lose my posting privilege's because your intolerant to views different than your own and you've shown you don't have the temperament to handle your administrative powers. 

If you don't want someone responding to your posts then don't post in a thread on a subject where they might have a valid response.

11 minutes ago, raBBit said:

80% of hospitalized COVID patients were overweight. 80% of hospitalized COVID patients were Vitamin D deficient. Why doesn't the government and their propaganda wing in the corporate media inform the people of this? If they were actually concerned with the people and what COVID can do they would inform them that supplementing with Vitamin D and having general fitness alleviates the vast majority or risk for the vast majority of people. 

I knew 3 people who died of Covid. Not one was overweight. Although I do have some sort of issue with the vaccines. My wife still is struggling, 3 months after getting her first shot. No one knows what to do. They keep passing her along, and have her take more tests. So they either have no clue how to fight a probable bad vax reaction or are too afraid to report it. 

Edited by Dick Allen

Just now, Balta1701 said:

If you don't want someone responding to your posts then don't post in a thread on a subject where they might have a valid response.

I don't want you to respond to my posts because when you get proven wrong you use your administrative powers to settle scores. 

And your post wasn't valid. You think the treatment of the general population should be dictated by one individual with some outlier immune issue. 

By the way, just in case anyone would like numbers that can be cited and supported...https://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/obesity-and-covid-19.html

More than 900,000 adult COVID-19 hospitalizations occurred in the United States between the beginning of the pandemic and November 18, 2020. Models estimate that 271,800 (30.2%) of these hospitalizations were attributed to obesity.

Here is the paper that came from. Diabetes and hypertension are also factors in different segments of the population.

https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1161/JAHA.120.019259

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

1. The government forces vaccination on people all the time for a variety of reasons. School attendance, travel, daycare registration are all places that are allowed to require vaccination, and many do. 

There is one solution here.  Treat this like they do another virus in HIV, and allow criminal and civil prosecutions for people who spread this due to their own willful ignorance.

• Like 1

By the way, just in case anyone would like numbers that can be cited and supported...https://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/obesity-and-covid-19.html

Here is the paper that came from. Diabetes and hypertension are also factors in different segments of the population.

https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1161/JAHA.120.019259

Professor Balta, what type of individuals are likely to develop type 2 diabetes and hypertension?

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

BTW, almost 70% of all American adults are overweight.

If you're using BMI sure. Do you think muscular, fit people that are overweight are getting hospitalized from COVID? Why do you take exception to the clear and convincing findings of the data?

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

There is one solution here.  Treat this like they do another virus in HIV, and allow criminal and civil prosecutions for people who spread this due to their own willful ignorance.

That sounds really reasonable and simple to implement. 

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Professor Balta, what type of individuals are likely to develop type 2 diabetes and hypertension?

If you're using BMI sure. Do you think muscular, fit people that are overweight are getting hospitalized from COVID? Why do you take exception to the clear and convincing findings of the data?

I'm not. But if your data is accurate, 80% of the hospitalized are overweight. But 70% of the people at the grocery store you walk into are overweight. So as much as you want to make being overweight the #1 factor, it really doesn't tell you that much.

The talking point is it doesn't affect kids. There are 7 kids in Mississippi in intensive care. 

Edited by Dick Allen

2 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Since you asked me directly I will respond to your post despite you previously saying I should not respond to your posts. Please note the contrast between your two replies here. People who have elevated BMIs are the ones who are likely to develop type 2 diabetes and hypertension without being obese, but as you note there that includes something like 70% of adults. Thus, elevated risks are found in broad population groups.

Just now, Dick Allen said:

I'm not. But if your data is accurate, 80% of the hospitalized are overweight. But 70% of the people at the grocery store you walk into are overweight. So as much as you want to make being overweight the #1 factor, it really doesn't tell you that much.

The portion of the population that is obese is more likely to be hospitalized from COVID per your own analysis above. Also, the portion of Americans that are overweight due to musculature are not the individuals that are getting hospitalized. So the 70% you quote (my research shows a little bit lower but not materially), X% of that 70% is healthy people. Additionally, people measuring as obese make up over half of the hospitalizations. The CDC's findings are specific: "among those under age 65. As BMI rose, so did the risk, the CDC found." 

"The risks for hospitalization, ICU admission and death were lowest among those with BMIs under 25. The "healthy weight" BMI range is between 18.5 and 24.9."

But go on trying to poke holes in the CDC's statistical findings just to disagree with me. I think it would be beneficial if our society understood the risks of being obese/overweight.  

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/public-health/78-of-covid-19-patients-hospitalized-in-the-us-overweight-or-obese-cdc-finds.html

5 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Since you asked me directly I will respond to your post despite you previously saying I should not respond to your posts. Please note the contrast between your two replies here. People who have elevated BMIs are the ones who are likely to develop type 2 diabetes and hypertension without being obese, but as you note there that includes something like 70% of adults. Thus, elevated risks are found in broad population groups.

You denied my request to stop responding. If you will oblige I won't respond anymore.