caulfield12

COVID-19/Coronavirus thread

10 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Nope. But I think it was over the top when people blamed him for those idiots drinking coy pond cleaner. There are plenty of things to blame him for and hold him accountable for. Blaming him for everything and anything just gives credence to his "fake news" ramblings and makes his supporters believe it even more. 

If somebody injected themselves with bleach, it would be absurd to blame Trump. 

Im sorry Im not going to give a pass to the person who is in charge of a country who should be at the forefront of science and finding a way to resolve this crisis.

The President is providing a briefing every day, isnt the point of the briefing that he is supposed to be providing the US valuable information on how to get through this? We should be able to trust/listen to the President. Its absurd that we are living in a society where we should tune out the President and not hold him accountable for the statements that he makes.

It gives no credence to his statements. Absolutely none. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Nope. But I think it was over the top when people blamed him for those idiots drinking coy pond cleaner. There are plenty of things to blame him for and hold him accountable for. Blaming him for everything and anything just gives credence to his "fake news" ramblings and makes his supporters believe it even more. 

If somebody injected themselves with bleach, it would be absurd to blame Trump. 

You do realize what you’re saying though, right? The point you’re trying to make is it would be ludicrous for someone to inject themselves with “disinfectant” because....it’s a terrible fucking idea that only an idiot would do. 

But it’s an idea The President of the United States just suggested to the American public. 

• Like 1

Also, today we hit 50,000 deaths as a nation. Within about 4 more days we will have passed the total number of American deaths in the Vietnam War. 

• Like 1

If somebody reads into Trump's comments and think "I should shoot up some bleach", they are only speeding up their demise. If you're that fucking stupid, you will find some other way to accidentally kill yourself. 

1 minute ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

If somebody reads into Trump's comments and think "I should shoot up some bleach", they are only speeding up their demise. If you're that fucking stupid, you will find some other way to accidentally kill yourself. 

You seem to be missing the point that POTUS shouldn't be saying this stuff in the first place.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

As we found less than 50% of the population was responsible for speeding up our demise.

Hes the President of the United States, we shouldnt be making excuses for him. We claim we are the best health, best science and all that, and what has it gotten us so far when we really needed it? We have a President floating ideas that are so stupid, that we cant hold him accountable because they are so dumb that no one should even consider them?

That is exactly what is wrong with our country right now. That some people still think we need to make excuses for the person who is supposed to be running our country. 

Im an optimistic person, but when I look at my kids, I wonder if on my watch our world got changed for the worse. I did my little part, I argued as hard as I could, but its still on my damn watch that this shit went down.

Its unbearable that as I a normal person take more responsibility for this calamity than the President. And Im sorry if you think its cute to argue about it, but what is happening right now isnt cute, its not funny, its possibly the worst disaster in the history of the US. And our govt still has no sustainable plan.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, YoYoIsMyHero said:

You seem to be missing the point that POTUS shouldn't be saying this stuff in the first place.

Obviously. It was a dumb ass string of comments and didn't make sense. This is nothing new. You seem to be missing my point, so let me try to be crystal clear this time. 

If you deduce that Trump is advising you to shoot up with bleach and you do so, you are a fucking moron and I have zero sympathy. 

The sad part is this is something I can easily see Joe Biden saying on accident. The poor guy can barely out coherent sentences together sometimes. It's going to be 4 more years of Trump and this nonsense because Joe freaking Biden managed to win the primary. 

Edited by Yearnin' for Yermin
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Obviously. It was a dumb ass string of comments and didn't make sense. This is nothing new. You seem to be missing my point, so let me try to be crystal clear this time. 

If you deduce that Trump is advising you to shoot up with bleach and you do so, you are a fucking moron and I have zero sympathy. 

No one is missing your point, we are all just completely aghast that you are making the point in the first place. The fact that this has to be said, shows that he is completely unfit to be the assistant to my secretary.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

The sad part is this is something I can easily see Joe Biden saying on accident. The poor guy can barely out coherent sentences together sometimes. It's going to be 4 more years of Trump and this nonsense because Joe freaking Biden managed to win the primary. 

Don't forget to bring up Hilary and Obama

52 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

But again you’re missing the point, which I guess at this point shouldn’t be a surprise. What’s worse, Biden saying it on accident, or Trump saying it on purpose? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tony said:

But again you’re missing the point, which I guess at this point shouldn’t be a surprise. What’s worse, Biden saying it on accident, or Trump saying it on purpose? 

Obama wearing a tan suit!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Joe Biden has absolutely nothing to do with the current situation we are in.

Obama was one of the most eloquent speakers in recent history, but campaigning is not always the same thing as leading.  There was the common attack that ALL he could do was speak in terms of hope and aspirations (which was yet another backwards compliment, “surprise” at his articulateness).

Biden will have a strong cabinet and especially well-qualified VP candidate if he wants to be elected.

We need an inundation of the ONE quality he currently possesses in abundance, empathy and the ability to understand the problems of everyday people, to work across the aisle politically and reach out to repair relationships with former allies.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Soxbadger said:

Im an optimistic person, but when I look at my kids, I wonder if on my watch our world got changed for the worse. I did my little part, I argued as hard as I could, but its still on my damn watch that this shit went down.

It's not your fault but this is a world-changing experience and it is all downhill from here. Why? Germs/virus. They are the hidden killers. And now that they have been proven effective you can bet the ugly countries of China, Russia and North Korea will be creating viruses to continue the work of COVID-19. It's all over and it's not pretty. The food shortages will bring violence and civil unrest. Now I can finally see why people didn't want to give up their guns despite the horror caused by them. They actually may be needed for protection if this thing goes where I envision it going (food shortages leading to fights in overnight lines at stores; invading people's homes, etc).

I will say I hope I'm wrong; I pray I'm wrong. I don't want the world to be a horrible place for the rest of time. I want happiness for all.

But when I read this virus isn't going away; will only worsen this winter and I see a torn apart country with people unwilling to make decisions for the common good but only poliltical agendas, well again badger, I say it's over. Suddenly, out of nowhere we've gone from a country whose worst problems were hurting people's feelings to a serious threat regarding the end of humankind. Just in a few weeks.

(If somebody can talk me off the ledge, please do. Maybe my negativity has been overwhelming since I have been kept from going to church the past six weeks and my mental state is affected by not getting to worship at my favorite place, church. I would love somebody to convince me I am wrong.

I sense monetary disaster, riots, starvation and an all out germ warefare assault by our enemies (who most of america don't consider our enemies because that would be insensitive/racist). You better believe China wants us dead.

Edited by greg775

8 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Household toilet paper demand has increased by about 80% over the past 2 months. It's not hoarding, it's actually that more people are at home and fewer people are at work, so people aren't using the bathroom at work. 

Unless you have one of the large industrial sized dispensers in your house, the factories have to retool to adjust to demand and that takes time.

They are hoarding it in Lawrence Kansas I'll tell you that. Total selfishness. Students haven't been here for weeks, turning it into a ghosttown and still the toilet paper can't be found. The stores are packed every day/night. People here have panicked and been so selfish in buying up toilet paper, hand sanitizer, etc. Very sad I can't get any toilet paper in modern America.

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

It's not your fault but this is a world-changing experience and it is all downhill from here. Why? Germs/virus. They are the hidden killers. And now that they have been proven effective you can bet the ugly countries of China, Russia and North Korea will be creating viruses to continue the work of COVID-19. It's all over and it's not pretty. The food shortages will bring violence and civil unrest. Now I can finally see why people didn't want to give up their guns despite the horror caused by them. They actually may be needed for protection if this thing goes where I envision it going (food shortages leading to fights in overnight lines at stores; invading people's homes, etc).

I will say I hope I'm wrong; I pray I'm wrong. I don't want the world to be a horrible place for the rest of time. I want happiness for all.

But when I read this virus isn't going away; will only worsen this winter and I see a torn apart country with people unwilling to make decisions for the common good but only poliltical agendas, well again badger, I say it's over. Suddenly, out of nowhere we've gone from a country whose worst problems were hurting people's feelings to a serious threat regarding the end of humankind. Just in a few weeks.

(If somebody can talk me off the ledge, please do. Maybe my negativity has been overwhelming since I have been kept from going to church the past six weeks and my mental state is affected by not getting to worship at my favorite place, church. I would love somebody to convince me I am wrong.

I sense monetary disaster, riots, starvation and an all out germ warefare assault by our enemies (who most of america don't consider our enemies because that would be insensitive/racist). You better believe China wants us dead.

Why would any country want to wipe itself out in the process?   Russia would have nobody left to sell oil to...China would have no markets for its exports.  It’s like cutting off one’s nose to spite the face.  

It would just eventually lead to mutually assured destruction of the entire world through nuclear weapons...or, in the case of North  Korea, regime change or China having to take over and be a caretaker of it as an additional province.

In fact, you can make a legit argument that it would other normal circumstances actually bring the US together, to unite the people again like 9/11, fighting a common enemy.

For China, risking pariah state status after 5000 years of history waiting to get to precisely this point doesn’t make much sense, since many believe the US will inevitably be surpassed in the next 25-50 years anyway.  Why take that chance?  Even if they emerged as the  “#1 country in the world,” nobody would ever trust China again if the international community could prove they were complicit.

Edited by caulfield12

7 hours ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Saying something on accident is one thing, believing and saying things consistently is another thing. Joe has some issues, but he will have a stronger administration than Trump does. 

Tell me Nostradamus, how do you know Biden will lose? How was him winning the primary worse than any of the others winning?

1 hour ago, bmags said:

Elizabeth Warrens oldest brother died of coronavirus.

Very sad indeed. He served his country, which is admirable.

5 hours ago, greg775 said:

I don’t believe in the notion that these countries are creating biological warfare, they would seem to be more about developing nuclear weapons for their arsenals.

Have you tried shopping at different stores in your area to get what you need? What about hardware stores for paper products? Or ordering toilet paper or paper towels online?

Lastly, I can understand missing your church and all that comes with it, but are you staying in touch with people you worship with or your pastor? Are the online services from related faiths helping?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Saying something on accident is one thing, believing and saying things consistently is another thing. Joe has some issues, but he will have a stronger administration than Trump does. 

Tell me Nostradamus, how do you know Biden will lose? How was him winning the primary worse than any of the others winning?

Trump knows he’s losing right now, which is why he’s so desperate to get the economy restarted.

He’s behind in PA and Michigan by considerable margins, 2-3 points behind in WI (note recent state SC election loss) and it’s a dead heat in Florida, with his fate increasingly tied to how DeSantis handles the pandemic (results not so good so far).

He resents Biden staying at home in Delaware and not drawing as much media scrutiny, simultaneously knowing he can’t stand to give up his own daily spotlight.   Biden can very simply neutralize him by limiting debates to detached, online affairs...unless it looks like the race is tightening again.   Trump will get desperate to do in-person rallies, likely resulting in reinfections from either the Republican National Convention or scheduling an outdoor rally too soon.   Putting voters’ lives at risk isn’t going to play well, either.

That’s why he would have been smarter to get this dealt with as early as possible...now it’s too late.

Most voters make up their minds 5-6 months out.   75-80% of the voters’ minds are already made up.  He’s underwater with independents, seniors and, most important, is underperforming in battleground states compared to solid red or blue ones...a complete reversal of 2016.

And he is a laughingstock on Chinese social media about this UV light, disinfectant (Lysol already has issued a warning) tan your way out of coronavirus nonsense.   This hour’s most popular vid is him talking on this subject while the camera keeps panning to Dr. Birx’s increasingly chagrined, almost pained reaction.   

Edited by caulfield12

Imo Trump should offer himself up as a test subject for all these miracle cures he keeps pushing. Just have him inject Lysol straight into his lungs in the briefing today, yolo

• Thanks 1
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, greg775 said:

They are hoarding it in Lawrence Kansas I'll tell you that. Total selfishness. Students haven't been here for weeks, turning it into a ghosttown and still the toilet paper can't be found. The stores are packed every day/night. People here have panicked and been so selfish in buying up toilet paper, hand sanitizer, etc. Very sad I can't get any toilet paper in modern America.

As is usual you didn’t bother listening to me.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tony said:

1 hour ago, The Beast said:

Have you listened to the guy talk? Have you seen the videos of him sniffing and groping children/women? It's going to be an absolute bloodbath when he tries to debate Trump. 

Democrats will be less likely to vote for a guy with sexual assault/rape allegations. Not to mention he can barely string sentences together. Biden is toast. 

Edited by Yearnin' for Yermin
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Have you listened to the guy talk? Have you seen the videos of him sniffing and groping children/women? It's going to be an absolute bloodbath when he tries to debate Trump. 

Democrats will be less likely to vote for a guy with sexual assault/rape allegations. Not to mention he can barely string sentences together. Biden is toast. 

Why does every Trump supporter default to this when Trump's actions are brought up? I mean Trump talked about having sex with his daughter, and has settled numerous serious sexual allegations, in addition to all of the charges that have been leveled against him.  He has encouraged people in inject Lysol into their system.  If Biden is senile, Trump is mentally ill.

• Thanks 1