COVID-19/Coronavirus thread

caulfield12

Now he can assert that hydroxychloroquine or a new vaccine that only he had access to cured him. Or they can hospitalize him for 7-10 days in a desperate attempt to garner sympathy from voters. 

Only Trump is strong and tough enough to beat Covid-19 single-handedly due to his healthy diet and rigorous exercise routine. 

#OctoberSurpriseWagTheDog

Edited by caulfield12

1 minute ago, Tony said:

I agree here, thought the same thing. If he thought this news would “hurt” him we wouldn’t have found out about the test results 

Hope Hicks' results only came out cause it leaked. They were initially trying to keep this on the down low.

OMG one month to the election. Hope it's not a political football. Could have been a little more careful. He needs to lay low. Hope Biden was not exposed or Pence. Best to all. "On the debate stage Trump mocked Biden for wearing a mask." 😘

Edited by pcq

I'm reading this at a restaurant that has been open for months, both for take out only and now in person. Not one infection can be traced to this restaurant. Strict adherence to safety rules is probably the main reason. 

There are so many diseases we can stop by everyone staying home, hunting and gathering their own food, and avoiding all chemicals. But we accept those risks. We trust the government to inspect our food, write laws to keep products safer, to regulate behaviors to keep us safe. We trust the government to regulate just about everything in our lives. But some people don't want to trust them to regulate this. 

There are areas of the country that have zero or very small infection rates. In @Balta1701 binary one size fits all world that doesn't matter. So you stay in the sand and be careful of any sharks that might be lurking on Oak Street Beach, I'm going swimming. Tonight I'm planning on listening to live music and sharing a bottle of wine at an outdoor venue. If it looks unsafe, I'll pick up my order and be leaving. If it looks safe, I'll be staying. 

6 hours ago, tray said:

My guess is that jerk will be asymptomatic.  He will then go out and claim that it is no big deal, he has great genes, no problem, who needs masks, etc.

There is one big problem with this: If others exposed go through real troubles or even die, he will not be able to say it is no big deal. Secondly, he is probably feeling worse than we know. Any time a president goes through a medical crisis, his staff will act as if nothing is wrong when it is very wrong. And the fact that they tried to keep the lid on this means things are quite serious. Lastly, this shows once and for all his lack of credibility on this issue. Act stubborn, mock others, then infect them because he wanted to play some stupid, inane macho act. He should resign because of this sheer stupidity. And its about time his macho, idiot followers start thinking of others besides themselves.

3 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

There is one big problem with this: If others exposed go through real troubles or even die, he will not be able to say it is no big deal. Secondly, he is probably feeling worse than we know. Any time a president goes through a medical crisis, his staff will act as if nothing is wrong when it is very wrong. And the fact that they tried to keep the lid on this means things are quite serious. Lastly, this shows once and for all his lack of credibility on this issue. Act stubborn, mock others, then infect them because he wanted to play some stupid, inane macho act. He should resign because of this sheer stupidity. And its about time his macho, idiot followers start thinking of others besides themselves.

like Herman Cain?

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

I'm reading this at a restaurant that has been open for months, both for take out only and now in person. Not one infection can be traced to this restaurant. Strict adherence to safety rules is probably the main reason. 

There are so many diseases we can stop by everyone staying home, hunting and gathering their own food, and avoiding all chemicals. But we accept those risks. We trust the government to inspect our food, write laws to keep products safer, to regulate behaviors to keep us safe. We trust the government to regulate just about everything in our lives. But some people don't want to trust them to regulate this. 

There are areas of the country that have zero or very small infection rates. In @Balta1701 binary one size fits all world that doesn't matter. So you stay in the sand and be careful of any sharks that might be lurking on Oak Street Beach, I'm going swimming. Tonight I'm planning on listening to live music and sharing a bottle of wine at an outdoor venue. If it looks unsafe, I'll pick up my order and be leaving. If it looks safe, I'll be staying. 

This sounds like trying to justify actions you know deep down aren't responsible.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I wonder if Trump realizes that the obvious propaganda campaign going on around how the President is fine, active, and engaged is probably scaring more Americans who know how easily this White House lies, versus actually being believable.

I don't think that Trump realizes how bad his credibility is at this point. As I said in another post, there is always this propaganda when a president is ill or facing a health crisis. Trump's voice was raspy and aides noticed he wasn't doing well. I obviously don't know how serious things are, but I do not believe he is "fine." In time, we will see how bad this really is. Meanwhile, Trump is in his mid-seventies, has other health issues, and it is possible he suffered some strokes a few months ago. He liked to dismiss things before. He can't dismiss things now. We can't, either. And it would help if the crazies stop circulating dumb ass conspiracy theories. Right now, we need some honest information.

Bright side: No more debates to embarrass us before the world.   Although the last one was a good time for me to watch my tape of Game 1 since I played golf during it.  I did tell my wife to take good notes.

They will get the best of care and be fine, let's hope.

Edited by Stinky Stanky
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

In otherwords, this has been happening for a while, and they just tried to pretend it away.  Awesome.

Disagree. That's a normal progression for the virus in a person where they are at high risk for multiple reasons. 

Just tells me that the infections probably began before the debate, and it took until yesterday for the viral load to be high enough to trigger the positive tests, and it's proceeding pretty normally/quickly in him.

• Like 1

Not any political message in this just one of those response things that interests me. This is apparently the "Doomsday" plane, these planes are able to issue launch orders to submarines in the event of Washington DC being destroyed. You're not supposed to see them pop up on flight trackers, and a couple popped up on each coastline last night, meaning they weren't just in the air, they turned their transponders on so that anyone who was thinking about testing the US right now could see them.

8 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Disagree. That's a normal progression for the virus in a person where they are at high risk for multiple reasons. 

Just tells me that the infections probably began before the debate, and it took until yesterday for the viral load to be high enough to trigger the positive tests, and it's proceeding pretty normally/quickly in him.

This is where I was going.  This isn't new.  This has been happening behind the scenes for a while now and they are actively covering it up.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

This is where I was going.  This isn't new.  This has been happening behind the scenes for a while now and they are actively covering it up.

I don't think this is a "cover up" in any sense. I think this is the normal progression of the virus. Even if you're getting tested every day, it can take 4-5 days after exposure for your first positive test to show up. The Tennessee Titans had people exposed between Friday and Sunday of last week and still had a person test positive for the first time on Thursday. The Cardinals had a person whose positive test didn't show up for at least a week after he was exposed.

4 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I don't think this is a "cover up" in any sense. I think this is the normal progression of the virus. Even if you're getting tested every day, it can take 4-5 days after exposure for your first positive test to show up. The Tennessee Titans had people exposed between Friday and Sunday of last week and still had a person test positive for the first time on Thursday. The Cardinals had a person whose positive test didn't show up for at least a week after he was exposed.

I think it was great journalistic work that got the Hope Hicks result, and then this one. if not for that, from what I have seen the last 4 years, I don't think the public would know of Trump's diagnosis yet. They would have to eventually.

One thing this does do is probably save a few Wisconsin lives as he had 2 rallies tomorrow at this devestated state where ICU beds are running low.