COVID-19/Coronavirus thread

caulfield12

18 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

But it's not.  We can't speed, drive drunk or choose not to wear seat belts unless we are willing to face the consequences for those behaviors that could potentially endanger ourselves or others. 

Can grocery stores and restaurants provide customers expired foods, or pharmacies expired drugs?   Sure, one is unlikely to get sick, but there's a huge fine/penalty to endanger their business model if they get caught. 

Why take risks that are not necessary and that could potentially result in the death/s of fellow human beings?   Freedom is more important than one's life if they are "only" senior citizens who are put at risk? 

You can drive, and you can drive while having a blood alcohol level up to .08. Driving is a risk to others whether you are responsible or not. It's about limiting the risk involved.  Tex and those by him appear to be doing that. 

The lesson here is again ... this virus is nasty. The Chinese really created a doozy of a virus whether by the guy eating the bat or let the conspiracies roll. I'll defer to Caulfield and accept whatever theory he has as the cause of this nasty nasty virus.

The other lesson: If you are going to have an active lifestyle, travel a lot, you better wear the mask, avoid the hugs and handshakes and be CAREFUL and mindful at all times. If you take the mask off when you can or where you can get away with it, coupled with extensive travel and a lot of meetings with people, you are gonna get it.

Now if you wear your mask all the time, always are cautious, and don't travel at all, you go ahead and eat at restaurants once in a while and go to the dentist, go to the doctor, get your haircut, go to church but are safe, you just might make it to the time there's a vaccine.

Me personally I've said before I catch three severe colds each winter through spring (November through April) like clockwork. I travel in that span and if you travel, you are going to get sick. I never get the flu (knock on wood) cause I get the flu shot every year at this time.

You cant tell me that planes are clean and airports are clean and rental car buses and hotels are clean. They are not and you catch germs and you get sick.

"Most" of normal life has to be put on hold or cautious hold or you are going to get the virus. Trump got it and think of all the advantages he has regarding safety (even tho he won't wear his mask when he should; that's probably what got him). It's an example for all of us. If you travel and regularly are around a lot of people for work and you are a half-assed mask wearer, you are gonna get the virus. You just are.

Jim Acosta just tweeted Trump's case is serious stuff. He is having shortness of breath. Let Trump be an example to all of us to be safe. And finally ... I'm thinking yes there probably was one event where this baby spread like a wildfire. It'd be interesting to see if somebody had a really bad active case of the virus and a WHOLE LOTTA people in the White House got it. I pray for all of them. I don't want anybody to die unless it's proven they are murderers or trying to overthrow the country, something like that. I know some people who want Trump to die and I'm sorry, I can't go that route.

Edited by greg775

36 minutes ago, SleepyWhiteSox said:

Personal responsibility means you only give a shit about yourself.  That's literally the issue.  We're where we're at because of the lack of social responsibility our selfish society is glaringly exhibiting.

Yep, we've been like that for a while, but the pandemic has really shined a spotlight on it.

6 hours ago, SleepyWhiteSox said:

Personal responsibility means you only give a shit about yourself.  That's literally the issue.  We're where we're at because of the lack of social responsibility our selfish society is glaringly exhibiting.

WTF? So if I don't go near anyone it means I don't give a shit about anyone else? If I wash my hands and use hand sanitizer before entering the grocery store I don't give a shit about anyone? If I wear a mask when I'm near anyone I don't give a shit?

Being a responsible person you don't want to spread the virus. People acting irresponsible like getting on a crowded dance floor are the problem. I just posted pictures of adults socially distancing, using masks when getting anywhere near each other. Your telling me those people don't give a shit about anyone but themselves? 

Why not look up the definition of responsible and irresponsible. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Big Hurtin said:

Yep, we've been like that for a while, but the pandemic has really shined a spotlight on it.

Yep, it's actually irresponsible to wear a mask, socially distance, quarantine when ill and responsible to not wear a mask, cough on people, and get into big crowds. 

If more people would be personally irresponsible this virus would be fixed quickly. 

I'm not certain what dictionary y'all are using. 😂

4 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Fox News had a doctor on that claimed there is no scientific evidence a mask does anything to prevent Covid spread. Alrighty then. Apparently, instead of putting an end to this pandemic, they would rather make it last longer and go down with the ship. 

Meanwhile Chris Wallace got on there and said to people, “Wear the damn mask!” It was awesome.

I saw two clowns not wearing masks at the grocery store yesterday, stared at them blankly and got out of their way. I’d love to have asked them (women, both young and old) why they weren’t but I have a feeling I could have gotten a Trumpian like response, to which I would have responded, “Too little too late, the president has COVID.”

Edited by The Beast

19 minutes ago, The Beast said:

I saw two clowns not wearing masks at the grocery store yesterday, stared at them blankly and got out of their way. 

It's the government's fault for allowing restaurants grocery stores to be open. There are pick up and delivery options so you shouldn't have even been in a grocery store. Expecting people to be responsible is wrong. We've been like that for a while, but the pandemic has really shined a spotlight on it. We need to allow irresponsible people to set the rules for America and the responsible ones, like you and I, shouldn't be allowed to do anything. 😉

• Like 1

As President, Trump is entrusted to do what he can to protect the American people. He didn't even protect his family, staff, friends and supporters. And, oh, he also didn't protect himself.

There can be all kinds of debates of how to handle the virus. But pretending that it doesn't exist isn't one way to handle it. Finally, wearing a mask or social distancing is not a permanent thing. Once there is a vaccine, once there is a way to treat the condition, and finally, once we are able to build an immunity to it, things will back to normal. This will only take time. But taking no precautions is absurd. The White House is nothing but a virus cluster. As a result, we are in a constitutional crisis and our national security is jeopardized. 

It is time to stop with the denial already. Stop with the whining. Suck it up and let's get through this as quickly as possible. But pretending everything is all right is not going to do it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

It's the government's fault for allowing restaurants grocery stores to be open. There are pick up and delivery options so you shouldn't have even been in a grocery store. Expecting people to be responsible is wrong. We've been like that for a while, but the pandemic has really shined a spotlight on it. We need to allow irresponsible people to set the rules for America and the responsible ones, like you and I, shouldn't be allowed to do anything. 😉

I’m going to have to look back, but what exactly were you getting pushback for? Going inside a restaurant?

56 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

As President, Trump is entrusted to do what he can to protect the American people. He didn't even protect his family, staff, friends and supporters. And, oh, he also didn't protect himself.

There can be all kinds of debates of how to handle the virus. But pretending that it doesn't exist isn't one way to handle it. Finally, wearing a mask or social distancing is not a permanent thing. Once there is a vaccine, once there is a way to treat the condition, and finally, once we are able to build an immunity to it, things will back to normal. This will only take time. But taking no precautions is absurd. The White House is nothing but a virus cluster. As a result, we are in a constitutional crisis and our national security is jeopardized. 

It is time to stop with the denial already. Stop with the whining. Suck it up and let's get through this as quickly as possible. But pretending everything is all right is not going to do it.

I’m not a supporter of his but I did say a prayer for him and his wife at dinner last night to get better. I almost didn’t with how he is towards anyone that is against him. Then I thought of his response to the virus with how he handled himself and what he said since March and said, it serves him right that it happened to him.

9 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

But it's not.  We can't speed, drive drunk or choose not to wear seat belts unless we are willing to face the consequences for those behaviors that could potentially endanger ourselves or others. 

Can grocery stores and restaurants provide customers expired foods, or pharmacies expired drugs?   Sure, one is unlikely to get sick, but there's a huge fine/penalty to endanger their business model if they get caught. 

Why take risks that are not necessary and that could potentially result in the death/s of fellow human beings?   Freedom is more important than one's life if they are "only" senior citizens who are put at risk? 

What the hell does that have to do with Tex eating at a restaurant el Fresca? I didn’t realize he broke the law. 

6 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

What the hell does that have to do with Tex eating at a restaurant el Fresca? I didn’t realize he broke the law. 

So if every city/municipality, state, etc., makes or enforces their own rules (or not), instead of one uniform policy across an entire outbreak area, we don’t have contact tracing and the majority of people are reluctant to accept vaccinations...how can we realistically expect an ending to this whole situation if we just keep on supplying an unlimited number of virus incubators/super spreaders?

4 hours ago, Texsox said:

WTF? So if I don't go near anyone it means I don't give a shit about anyone else? If I wash my hands and use hand sanitizer before entering the grocery store I don't give a shit about anyone? If I wear a mask when I'm near anyone I don't give a shit?

Being a responsible person you don't want to spread the virus. People acting irresponsible like getting on a crowded dance floor are the problem. I just posted pictures of adults socially distancing, using masks when getting anywhere near each other. Your telling me those people don't give a shit about anyone but themselves? 

Why not look up the definition of responsible and irresponsible. 

There's no such thing as personal responsibility or middle ground anymore. Going for a drive? You're a piece of fucking shit who is endangering the lives of every pedestrian on the sidewalk or street. Serving up alcohol at a restaurant? Awful human being who is destroying livers and creating alcoholics. 

Mass protests in close quarters with many others? God bless you sir!

Edited by Yearnin' for Yermin
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, KipWellsFan said:

Do we know that's accurate... he went to the fundraiser knowing he had COVID?

Everything is hard to say during the current atmosphere. The doctors treating him were optimistic but wouldn't directly answer whether he was given oxygen or not. For the next couple of weeks things may get sorted out. Right now, I don't think we really know exactly how he is doing. The people around him have to make some tough choices such as making a decision on whether or not power has to be passed to Pence. If he ends up doing poorly, the choice cannot be left to him.

11 hours ago, greg775 said:

The lesson here is again ... this virus is nasty. The Chinese really created a doozy of a virus whether by the guy eating the bat or let the conspiracies roll. 

I know some people who want Trump to die and I'm sorry, I can't go that route.

Greg, I get that your preferred "news network" routinely transmits this form of racism in the bolded above. But it is impossibly fvkcing racist to blame a people for a virus; continuing this sort of shit-talk is as ignorant as some Muslims in the ME blaming others who eat pork for the swine flu. So two reccos for you:

1. Turn off the fvkcing "news network" you take in all fvkcing day long, & pick up a book.

2. Stop transmitting racism, because no race of people "created this virus." NATURE created this virus, and NATURE gives ZERO FVKCS about anyone's race/national origin.

Insofar as people "wanting Trump to die," I haven't seen that. (Apart from your preferred "news network" transmitting propaganda.) I've only seen people calling this wonderful Kharma/comeuppance for his ignorant response to this pandemic. 

Lastly, now might be a good time for you to go get a haircut before a re-lockdown, so we don't have to read your whining and b****ing all winter long.

Edited by Two-Gun Pete
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, KipWellsFan said:

Do we know that's accurate... he went to the fundraiser knowing he had COVID?

Two things on this:

1. He had previously claimed that he got tested daily. But this HAD TO be bullshyte, because he had symptoms one day, before getting a positive result the next day. Knowing his (snicker) "character," I'd bet that he doesn't get tested daily, because he gives zero fvkcs about others. (Or, that he's a complete wuss who can't handle having a q-tip shoved up his nose.)

2. Given #1, and the timeframe, and his self-centered "character," I believe that your statement might be correct. He went on another public event, knowing that he and others might infect attendees. 

Like or hate the man's political stances, this is where character, and regard for the truth, and respect for science, and care for others, and self-sacrifice matters in leadership. I hope he recovers, but all of this really didn't have to happen, IMO.

Edited by Two-Gun Pete
  • Like 1

Chris Christie is positive now, too.

Their personal irresponsibility endangers their own lives and many others around them. We've very conclusive evidence that relying on personal responsibility is not the way to handle a pandemic. We need strong and strict public policy measures to get things under control, and then the willingness to reimplement as necessary to stamp out subsequent outbreaks.

• Like 1

Nothing out of the White House is reliable right now and everyone is contradicting themselves.

What seems clear is that Trump deteriorated enough yesterday that they became seriously concerned, but also that they probably knowingly exposed a bunch of donors at a fundraiser Thursday night, and probably knew before Thursday or at least had a good idea.