Jump to content
caulfield12

COVID-19/Coronavirus thread

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

So it’s probably fair to assume that we’ve got roughly similar statistics now as in the testing numbers.

https://t.co/euaTv2JtIL?amp=1

Holy flurking schnit she’s married to the chair of the NYSE. The Chair of the NYSE and his Senator Wife traded on inside briefings about the virus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Holy flurking schnit she’s married to the chair of the NYSE. The Chair of the NYSE and his Senator Wife traded on inside briefings about the virus.

It's amusing how prominent she's become in the past few months. I feel like almost nobody outside of trading knew who ICE was like two months ago, but ever since they got her the vacant senate seat in Georgia recently she's been all over the place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.ajc.com/news/state--regional-govt--politics/perdue-loeffler-among-senators-whose-stock-trading-during-coronavirus-raises-questions/YjEYsWqAVwZh52HTpl1EpL/

This has a blow by blow list of every single transaction.  Shorting/dumping energy companies that early?

At any rate, two for one deal in the state of GA with Perdue involved as well.   I would say pick Abrams, but betting money for Biden VP is on Klobuchar and Warren.

 

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/tucker-carlson-calls-for-senator-burr-to-resign-over-insider-trading-ahead-of-coronavirus-055910184.html
Burr’s really going to be nailed to the cross.

Colllins gone, Loeffler, Burr, Perdue, Inhofe, Ron Johnson (who was questioning the government “over-response” just a few days ago

Diane Feinstein, don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

Put them all in jail until the last coronavirus case is cleared in the US. 
 

https://nypost.com/2020/03/19/we-should-blow-up-the-bridges-coronavirus-leads-to-class-warfare-in-hamptons/

Greg, you’ll like this one...

 

Edited by caulfield12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Put them all in jail until the last coronavirus case is cleared in the US. 

The French had the right idea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Put them all in jail until the last coronavirus case is cleared in the US. 
 

Senator Burr did a twitter thread attacking NPR for their reporting and saying that the briefing was more open to the public. During that thread...never once mentioned the stock sale. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Balta1701 said:

Senator Burr did a twitter thread attacking NPR for their reporting and saying that the briefing was more open to the public. During that thread...never once mentioned the stock sale. 

He's also the clown who wanted to tax college scholarships for athletes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The New York Post is right. Too much alarmism. Americans are going to eventually rebel. I have been pointing out the economic impact of all this should not be denied as well as mental health of Americans like me who have a problem being cooped up. God help us all.

Post says:

As Americans prepare for “a lot of change to their lives for a long time,” New York’s Josh Barro believes, “part of the coronavirus conventional wisdom has become too pessimistic.” While we will be fighting the virus ­“unless, and until, we develop a vaccine or highly effective medical treatments,” the “nature of the disruption does not have to stay constant”: A testing surge “should, in time, allow for more normal living,” something we have seen in other countries. That’s good news, as is the fact “effective antiviral treatments” may be “available much sooner than a vaccine.” The “economic, social and psychological effects of extended, societywide isolation measures are going to be severe” — and the public might quit complying. “Extensive testing, monitoring and isolation related to specific coronavirus cases” would “be much less painful and disruptive.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes Greg, nobody else has noticed this economic impact nor the adverse effects of staying at home.  Everyone is an alarmist who wants to make sure they both aren't spreading the virus as an asymptomatic carrier or doesn't want to catch it.   Shame on them.  Everyone go out 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, greg775 said:

The New York Post is right. Too much alarmism. Americans are going to eventually rebel. I have been pointing out the economic impact of all this should not be denied as well as mental health of Americans like me who have a problem being cooped up. God help us all.

Post says:

As Americans prepare for “a lot of change to their lives for a long time,” New York’s Josh Barro believes, “part of the coronavirus conventional wisdom has become too pessimistic.” While we will be fighting the virus ­“unless, and until, we develop a vaccine or highly effective medical treatments,” the “nature of the disruption does not have to stay constant”: A testing surge “should, in time, allow for more normal living,” something we have seen in other countries. That’s good news, as is the fact “effective antiviral treatments” may be “available much sooner than a vaccine.” The “economic, social and psychological effects of extended, societywide isolation measures are going to be severe” — and the public might quit complying. “Extensive testing, monitoring and isolation related to specific coronavirus cases” would “be much less painful and disruptive.”

While all of this may be true, it does not make what is happening in Italy (and elsewhere around the world) any less real.  

We have been in "social distancing" for what, a week for most of us?   We all need to suck it up and realize that if we ignore what is happening you could likely kill people.  Yeah, you may be fine, but you could easily transmit the disease to someone else.  

Edited by turnin' two

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

While all of this may be true, it does not make what is happening in Italy (and elsewhere around the world) any less real.  

We have been in "social distancing" for what, a week for most of us?   We all need to suck it up and realize that if we ignore what is happening you could likely kill people.  Yeah, you may be fine, but you could easily transmit the disease to someone else.  

I think greg's interpretation of barro's post is bad anyway. His point was there needs to be planning for the post-shut it down world. Testing capabilities is the way out of that. This is just to buy us time, it is not a solution. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/local/wisconsin/2020/03/20/sen-ron-johnson-defends-pacur-sale-amid-insider-trading-accusations/2882248001/
Sen. Johnson situation looks unseemly in terms of timing but not quite the level of egregiousness.   Just suspicious timing.

I don't really think Johnson or Feinstein's seem related to the coronavirus briefings. Honestly even Purdue...

Burr/Loeffler are the ones I think are legit issues with privileged trading.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

I don't really think Johnson or Feinstein's seem related to the coronavirus briefings. Honestly even Purdue...

Burr/Loeffler are the ones I think are legit issues with privileged trading.

Saw a good twitter thread on this, whether I believe all of it I'm not informed enough to know all the details on this. Burr and Loeffler are the ones who seem to have done it quite obviously.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

I really hope they are smart enough to keep food places open for delivery and take out. 

I'll be honest, I'm high risk, so I'm terrified to even order a pizza right now, at least until there are enough tests out there that I can believe no one there is ill. Right now I know for a fact they're only able to test people who have recent travel, so there are hundreds of people at my school alone who should have been tested but won't be. 

So, if you want people like me to spend money on anything other than milk..."Test test test test test". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I'll be honest, I'm high risk, so I'm terrified to even order a pizza right now, at least until there are enough tests out there that I can believe no one there is ill. Right now I know for a fact they're only able to test people who have recent travel, so there are hundreds of people at my school alone who should have been tested but won't be. 

So, if you want people like me to spend money on anything other than milk..."Test test test test test". 

Are they sending out some type of proof of the health care status/temperature checks on food and delivery service employees like in some parts of Asia...? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, caulfield12 said:

Are they sending out some type of proof of the health care status/temperature checks on food and delivery service employees like in some parts of Asia...? 

Certainly not here. We had good sized crowds at the bars on Tuesday for St. Patrick's Day (I did not go, the news did). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×