COVID-19/Coronavirus thread

caulfield12

A good friend of mine just tested positive.  His son caught it a month ago.  His daughter in a separate case last week. He just didn't dodge it enough. 

He was the most careful of the golf coaches I saw regularly.  

42 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I have to believe there are a hundred doctors that could fill that role making this symbolic as much as strategic. 

I love the move.

4 hours ago, StrangeSox said:

Going to put a positive spin on this and say, hey, it's a sign they're adhering to quality control measures at least.

A certain downtown hospital that shares a name with a university has a supply waiting a O'hare waiting for FDA approval. Others probably  do as well.

7 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

It's so frustrating knowing that if everyone just wore a mask, the virus could be contained rather quickly.  It won't go away, obviously, but the chances of people infecting others goes way down.  We could wear masks until the vaccine is ready and available.  Infection rates would drop off quickly if everyone started wearing masks today.

It's a shame that wearing a mask has become a political issue.  Where I work, it had to be stated in an email to everyone that regardless of the politicization of masks, everyone is required to wear them.  We still have some non-conformers, but not many.  And we haven't had any confirmed cases where someone got sick from someone else here.

• Like 4

My daughter lives out of town, and she called today to say she doesn't think she should come up for Christmas because COVID is running rampant. We will survive as a family; it is only one Christmas. But she is obviously right. The COVID is running rampant. So what are some people doing? Giving millions to Trump so he can ignore the crisis and do who knows what with that money. He cares nothing about the mounting death toll. What a miserable excuse for a human being.

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

My daughter lives out of town, and she called today to say she doesn't think she should come up for Christmas because COVID is running rampant. We will survive as a family; it is only one Christmas. But she is obviously right. The COVID is running rampant. So what are some people doing? Giving millions to Trump so he can ignore the crisis and do who knows what with that money. He cares nothing about the mounting death toll. What a miserable excuse for a human being.

We already missed the family Thanksgiving.  We actually did something completely different and got a cabin downstate which had a full kitchen.  We went hiking and stayed completely away from everyone.  It was pretty fun as a change of pace.  Christmas we will definitely not be gathering as well.

4 hours ago, NWINFan said:

Do the right thing yourself, encourage all of your family to do the right thing. Don’t go to any restaurants or gatherings for the next 2 months this is a disaster. Just act like he doesn’t matter, either find a way to laugh at it or just drink. Keep yourself safe and try to encourage (politely) the same of those you know. It’s the best anyone can do now. 

If you focus on him it will eat you alive.

18 hours ago, Iwritecode said:

I was just arguing with an idiot that thinks the numbers are inflated and is stuck on the half-truth about hospitals getting paid more for covid patients. 🙄

It is hard to deal with people who say things like the numbers are inflated when they have no proof. They keep saying or implying that the crisis is a hoax and patients in ICUs are actors. No matter how many stories are told by physically and emotionally drained health care providers, they still hide behind their denials. You can't argue with this nonsense. It is just too frustrating. And, as a nation, we have paid for is inane paranoia pushed by Trump. Oh, but I forgot. George Soros is behind everything, What a guy, that George is.

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Trump is such a fucking clown

Handling a crisis means effective leadership at the very top. The fact that Guiliani is just another close associate who has tested positive is one more indication of complete ineptness at the top. Then Trump uses his tweet to score political points. Maybe if more people wore masks in and around the White House, Guiliani wouldn't need a get well tweet. What a joke.

Japan did a study about antibody durability 6 months out.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2020/12/03/national/coronavirus-immunity-study/

97% of asymptomatics or milds had antibodies 6 months after the fact

100% of moderates or severes had antibodies 6 months after the fact

Of the participants, 71% had mild symptoms, 19% moderate symptoms and 6% severe symptoms, while 4% showed no symptoms.

7 minutes ago, StrangeSox said:

Japan did a study about antibody durability 6 months out.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2020/12/03/national/coronavirus-immunity-study/

97% of asymptomatics or milds had antibodies 6 months after the fact

100% of moderates or severes had antibodies 6 months after the fact

Of the participants, 71% had mild symptoms, 19% moderate symptoms and 6% severe symptoms, while 4% showed no symptoms.

The real problem is one year plus out...and further mutations in the virus down the road.

My father recently tested positive for covid and he's been in the hospital. Has pneumonia in his lungs due to it. Doctors are trying to get his lungs back right. Please keep him in your prayers. This shit is not a joke. Been a few sleepless nights for me personally the past few days. 🙏

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

My father recently tested positive for covid and he's been in the hospital. Has pneumonia in his lungs due to it. Doctors are trying to get his lungs back right. Please keep him in your prayers. This shit is not a joke. Been a few sleepless nights for me personally the past few days. 🙏

I'm so sorry to hear, praying for recovery.