COVID-19/Coronavirus thread

caulfield12

1 minute ago, Tony said:

Fox News has been pro vax....I was told that by someone who doesn't watch the network, but still. You're wrong. 

Hannity has been. Their morning show, Tucker Carlson, and Laura Ingraham - pretty much the leading antivax voices in the country thanks to their audience sizes, and interesting their antivax messages seem conveniently presented in very similar formats as the person I was replying to. (Examples: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/11/business/media/vaccines-fox-news-hosts.htmlhttps://gizmodo.com/anti-vaxxer-tucker-carlson-says-hes-not-against-vaccine-1847279168https://www.newsweek.com/laura-ingraham-covid-19-vaccines-dick-durbin-tucker-carlson-fox-news-1609209https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a36967699/fox-news-anti-vax-tucker-carlson-just-asking-questions/ )

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, greg775 said:

It's not JUST selfishness and lack of empathy, many are concerned they will face problems down the road if they get vaxxed and they DO NOT TRUST anybody in politics or science on this.

I find it weird that people are worried about long term affects of the vaccination (which thus far are unfounded) but not the long term affects of the actual disease they would be protecting themselves from.

Death is a long term affect isn't it? Because the number of people that have died from the disease is WAY greater than the number that have died from the vaccine.

9 minutes ago, Iwritecode said:

I find it weird that people are worried about long term affects of the vaccination (which thus far are unfounded) but not the long term affects of the actual disease they would be protecting themselves from.

Death is a long term affect isn't it? Because the number of people that have died from the disease is WAY greater than the number that have died from the vaccine.

Not to mention the dangers of Long Haul Covid.

12 minutes ago, Iwritecode said:

Not to mention that dying from Covid is not a peaceful way to go. I also wonder why some don't believe over 600,000 has died from the disease. 

39 minutes ago, Tony said:

Listening to this guy in the hospital bed is.....something. 

"I absolutely would choose possible death over listening to someone who wants me to live" is quite a stance 

2 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

"Look, everyone thinks vaccine passports are terrible!"

"Except Fox News, who are using a vaccine passport in their own business while their hosts are saying how bad vaccine passports would be."

I never made an opinion. Just quoted a link. Not sure who you're quoting. You can just say "there was no relevance, I was just prodding you."

2 hours ago, Tony said:

Fox News has been pro vax....I was told that by someone who doesn't watch the network, but still. You're wrong. 

Why are you so obsessed with Fox News? I shouldn't respond to you though don't want to see you melt down like a child again and then delete all the evidence of your disregard for the board rules. 

Edited by raBBit

8 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

"I absolutely would choose possible death over listening to someone who wants me to live" is quite a stance 

What I took from it was this:

"I'd rather die than admit I was wrong, and everything I was told and believed in the last few years was garbage. I pushed all my chips in and I'd rather be going through this virus and leave my family without their father rather than telling the world I got scammed." 

3 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Why are you so obsessed with Fox News? I shouldn't respond to you though don't want to see you melt down like a child again and then delete all the evidence of your disregard for the board rules. 

You said Fox News was pro-vax, not me. 

Nothing was deleted. It was hidden. There is a difference. You deleted your history. I hid the posts that made you look like a fool. Big difference. 

Next. 

• Fire 1

10 minutes ago, raBBit said:

I never made an opinion. Just quoted a link. Not sure who you're quoting. You can just say "there was no relevance, I was just prodding you."

Really? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tony said:

You said Fox News was pro-vax, not me. 

Nothing was deleted. It was hidden. There is a difference. You deleted your history. I hid the posts that made you look like a fool. Big difference. 

Next. 

I said they weren't anti-vax. They have many advertisers that are pharmaceutical giants.

You're an intellectual lightweight with a Napoleon complex. It's actually embarrassing that you think I looked like a fool when you threw a tantrum and called me a bunch of names because I refuted your simpleton point. I responded to your point and your point only. You called me a bunch of names and rambled on about your delusions, hypersensitivity to reason and touched on multiple topics that have nothing to do with this thread. Then someone had to clean up the thread you barfed all over and had to remove all your personal attacks so the boards' posters couldn't seen how bad the supposed leadership is. It's a sad state of the site that a moderator is one of the boards biggest trolls that goes out of their way to re-ignite flames that they created last week. No one has the backbone to hold you accountable so the board just suffers.

5 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Really? 

Did Tony not do that?

EDIT: I don't know who deleted Tony's temper tantrum. Could have been Tony, could have been someone else. But he was touching on all sorts of political topics in the midst of a barrage of personal attacks. Clearly against the rules. He wasn't held accountable. Apparently this is how the board functions.

Edited by raBBit

15 minutes ago, Tony said:

What I took from it was this:

"I'd rather die than admit I was wrong, and everything I was told and believed in the last few years was garbage. I pushed all my chips in and I'd rather be going through this virus and leave my family without their father rather than telling the world I got scammed." 

I remember reading a story not that long ago about a guy that insisted up until his dying breath that he didn't actually have Covid and that it was all fake.

Then he died from Covid.

Whats sad is how many other millions of people are just like both of the guys in these stories.

5 minutes ago, raBBit said:

I said they weren't anti-vax. They have many advertisers that are pharmaceutical giants.

You're an intellectual lightweight with a Napoleon complex. It's actually embarrassing that you think I looked like a fool when you threw a tantrum and called me a bunch of names because I refuted your simpleton point. I responded to your point and your point only. You called me a bunch of names and rambled on about your delusions, hypersensitivity to reason and touched on multiple topics that have nothing to do with this thread. Then someone had to clean up the thread you barfed all over and had to remove all your personal attacks so the boards' posters couldn't seen how bad the supposed leadership is. It's a sad state of the site that a moderator is one of the boards biggest trolls that goes out of their way to re-ignite flames that they created last week. No one has the backbone to hold you accountable so the board just suffers.

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bovb6yqht58z60ld602y

• Like 1

On 7/20/2021 at 7:04 AM, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

There in those two bolded statements is the problem. People have lost all concept of fact vs opinion. There aren't tracking devices in vaccines. That isn't even technologically possible. That's not an opinion. It's a lie that's causing people to die.

When did denial of medical and scientific facts become an opinion?

100% of the people concerned with vaccine tracking devices are carrying cell phones that not only track but most likely recording what they are doing via social media.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Iwritecode said:

I remember reading a story not that long ago about a guy that insisted up until his dying breath that he didn't actually have Covid and that it was all fake.

Then he died from Covid.

Whats sad is how many other millions of people are just like both of the guys in these stories.

It's incredibly sad. I don't laugh at these people, it's sad and also incredibly frustrating to see. 

3 minutes ago, Iwritecode said:

Then he died from Covid.

7 minutes ago, Tony said:

It's incredibly sad. I don't laugh at these people, it's sad and also incredibly frustrating to see. 

I don't laugh but they do piss me off since they are the ones prolonging the end of this whole thing.

1 minute ago, Iwritecode said:

I don't laugh but they do piss me off since they are the ones prolonging the end of this whole thing.

As they should. It’s not just the right-wing talking point of “Well if they choose not to get the vax and you do, then you’ll be fine and they might get sick…what’s the big deal to you?” Which of course misses the point of starting to see rollbacks in masks indoors and the possibility of cancelling major events because a bunch of idiots take the advice of Tucker Carlson and The Daily Wire over science. 

20 minutes ago, Tony said:

As they should. It’s not just the right-wing talking point of “Well if they choose not to get the vax and you do, then you’ll be fine and they might get sick…what’s the big deal to you?” Which of course misses the point of starting to see rollbacks in masks indoors and the possibility of cancelling major events because a bunch of idiots take the advice of Tucker Carlson and The Daily Wire over science. 

I know you're being sarcastic but this is another problem starting to pop up more and more. I thought we were past this.

https://www.fox13memphis.com/news/local/13-hospitals-mississippi-have-no-icu-beds-available-due-covid-19-delta-variant-spike/Z7M6SI3GFRHUPAPH6LHTB4A66M/

Amazing how people fail to realize that not getting vaccinated doesn't just affect them.

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

that is how crazy partisan ideology has gotten.... 

like jesus could come down from the heavens on a flaming pegasus and tell people what to do but so many people would be like... "nope nope... fake" 

its insane right now.

17 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

What they need to do is have Hillary, Obama and Nancy Pelosi make a public service announcement telling people that the vaccines are evil and run it on Newsmax, Fox News and OAN, and there will be lines the next day waiting for shots.

Correct. If Dems really wanted everyone to take it, they’d back off and let Trump/the right take all the credit for the good and health of the country. But that will never happen, obviously.