Jump to content
caulfield12

COVID-19/Coronavirus thread

Recommended Posts

Wait, let me try.  I don't know if Trump supporters are racist, but a whole lot of racism originates from them.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

I don't know what is more insane. 7-11 still selling Big Gulps, or people still buying them. I would think there's as good of a shot of Covid 19 being on that Coke button as there is anywhere else.

Yeah self-serve should really not be allowed right now. I'm assuming their coffee is also soft serve?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

This and the cook county jail story are sobering.

It's hard because the more urgent thing right now is building up hospital capacity, but at the same time we have to build up areas for self-quarantining away from family.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bmags said:

It's hard because the more urgent thing right now is building up hospital capacity, but at the same time we have to build up areas for self-quarantining away from family.

If only we had an  agency that was tasked with planning for these eventualities at the federal level.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

If only we had an  agency that was tasked with planning for these eventualities at the federal level.

What I don't get is Obama left Trump no Covid 19 tests. Zero.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CNN’s Chris Cuomo has the virus.

His brother’s doing so well with this now, he might be traveling westward across the country as it moves, bringing experts and an army of medical volunteers and ventilators with him.

I think if I was with the Biden campaign I’d think long and hard about tying into these efforts, because he’s becoming more and more irrelevant by the day.  Of course, he can just wait this out for 2-3 months and suddenly reappear on the scene, but he’s got to prove his mettle here somehow.  Just criticizing Trump decisions or unpreparedness doesn’t do it anymore.  They need to be presenting solutions from the top of their campaign, like Ron Klain.   It’s a delicate balance because of his age, but his endurance/stamina and mental acuity have come under assault, and remaining in a Delaware bunker for months isn’t going to cut it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, turnin' two said:

Not sure if you have ever heard or tried them, but I have recently been doing workout from the p90x and insanity series.  (They each have shortened workouts (p90x30 and t25) that are a half hour and 25 minutes respectively, short, but great workouts.) and for the most part require very little equipment.  Really free weights or resistance bands are the only things, and even if you don't have those, you can avoid those certain workouts and still get some great exercise.  It may not be perfect, but they are darn good.  And I have to say, they push you a little and I have gotten better results than I ever did going to the gym.  It may be something to look into.  

For me personally it's all about getting in the mindset of doing an insane 45-80 minute HIIT workout with supersets, plyos, some steady state cardio mixed in and doing my three day split of back/shoulders chest/arms  legs/core.

I just can't replicate that instensity at home, I never have been able to I'm just one of those guys that needs to be "at the gym" in order to workout to my potential.

I've been jogging, doing some sprint work and body weight stuff outside but it's just not the same.

Thanks for the advice though I"m def going to have to get some workout bands to at least maintain my strength.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Hospitals are also considering reducing staffing because census counts are down. Seems like a bad idea to me!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

CNN’s Chris Cuomo has the virus.

His brother’s doing so well with this now, he might be traveling westward across the country as it moves, bringing experts and an army of medical volunteers and ventilators with him.

I think if I was with the Biden campaign I’d think long and hard about tying into these efforts, because he’s becoming more and more irrelevant by the day.  Of course, he can just wait this out for 2-3 months and suddenly reappear on the scene, but he’s got to prove his mettle here somehow.  Just criticizing Trump decisions or unpreparedness doesn’t do it anymore.  They need to be presenting solutions from the top of their campaign, like Ron Klain.   It’s a delicate balance because of his age, but his endurance/stamina and mental acuity have come under assault, and remaining in a Delaware bunker for months isn’t going to cut it.

Dude they gotta pull the plug on this Biden thing.  This is like Sharon Stone doing that other basic instinct when she was 50.  

At first you’re like:

“No! That’s a terrible idea.  They’ll never make that movie!”

Then:

”Wait, they’re actually gonna do that?  C’mon they can’t possibly think people are gonna go for that.”

Followed by a brief moment of:

”Well...that first one was pretty cool.  Maybe I’ll check it out...”

And then:

”Nahh I’ll just Google the titty parts.”

And finally: 

“Well let’s see what we got here.  Let’s see what those titties look lik...oh God!  They’re terrible.  Those same fake orbs but old AF!  WTF do they take me for?! They spent 50 million hoping to make 100 million on old Tits?”

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

CNN’s Chris Cuomo has the virus.

His brother’s doing so well with this now, he might be traveling westward across the country as it moves, bringing experts and an army of medical volunteers and ventilators with him.

I think if I was with the Biden campaign I’d think long and hard about tying into these efforts, because he’s becoming more and more irrelevant by the day.  Of course, he can just wait this out for 2-3 months and suddenly reappear on the scene, but he’s got to prove his mettle here somehow.  Just criticizing Trump decisions or unpreparedness doesn’t do it anymore.  They need to be presenting solutions from the top of their campaign, like Ron Klain.   It’s a delicate balance because of his age, but his endurance/stamina and mental acuity have come under assault, and remaining in a Delaware bunker for months isn’t going to cut it.

What do you propose Biden does though? I’ve read that Trump has $225 million cash in hand and Biden only has $20 million. Where is Bloomberg when you need him? He should be the equalizer in this whole thing. Maybe he has a strategy after the convention.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, StrangeSox said:

 

Hospitals are also considering reducing staffing because census counts are down. Seems like a bad idea to me!

 

Both of these things are bad ideas. Help workers instead of reducing staff. Worry about profits later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Dude they gotta pull the plug on this Biden thing.  This is like Sharon Stone doing that other basic instinct when she was 50.  

At first you’re like:

“No! That’s a terrible idea.  They’ll never make that movie!”

Then:

”Wait, they’re actually gonna do that?  C’mon they can’t possibly think people are gonna go for that.”

Followed by a brief moment of:

”Well...that first one was pretty cool.  Maybe I’ll check it out...”

And then:

”Nahh I’ll just Google the titty parts.”

And finally: 

“Well let’s see what we got here.  Let’s see what those titties look lik...oh God!  They’re terrible.  Those same fake orbs but old AF!  WTF do they take me for?! They spent 50 million hoping to make 100 million on old Tits?”

What do you propose they do with Biden then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Follow the science.  Whether the Spanish Flu or MERS or Ebola/Marburg or Swine Flu, there’s a logical reason.

The Chinese government tried to kill their own people to create plausible deniability, then successfully forecasted Trump would somehow botch it up?   That’s quite the crystal ball.  

There was one Chinese woman on the island of Palau five years ago making a Youtube video about bat soup, and somehow 1.5 billion are now bat soup connoisseurs.

I guess if it helps you to sleep at night, we can all believe whatever provides us comfort and reassurance. 

Honestly, I wouldn’t even waste your time responding to trolls/conspiracy theorists, especially given what you’ve been through and the great info you’ve been providing us. People like that will believe what they want to believe no matter what anyone else can say, unfortunately

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The idea that the Chinese intentionally created the virus, to kill a bunch of their people and then watch the world struggle with it after, is so preposterous on it's face that it's on par with believing the world is flat.

That doesn't mean that anyone trusts the info from China, of course. There is plenty of reason to believe the number of cases and deaths in China is not accurate - some causes being intentional and some not.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Texas schools now closed until May 4th. I think that is the final nail in the already unlikely chance of finishing any sports seasons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

good news bad news. 

Bad news, again almost 1000 new cases, 4 day average has us about 700 per day.

Good news: there were 10k tests recorded yesterday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, bmags said:

Good news: there were 10k tests recorded yesterday

Better late than never I guess.

Also, I wish I still worked at Abbott, shit has gotta be fascinating up there. 

Edited by mqr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, bmags said:

good news bad news. 

Bad news, again almost 1000 new cases, 4 day average has us about 700 per day.

Good news: there were 10k tests recorded yesterday

And Illinois now extends it's lockdown to April 30th (not really a surprise).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×