One Last Spot

Squirmin' for Yermin

I am personally fine with Garcia as the platoon mate with Mazara. I also am a pretty big fan of Mendick so I am fine with him for 3 weeks before Madrigal comes up.

My choice would be for a Relief pitcher/swing man.  I'd love doing a buy low on Pedro Strop OR even trying Tijuan Walker as a swing man.  Put him in the bullpen but can also start in a pinch.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I’d see if Zobrist would take a 1-year, $3 million dollar deal and Pedro Strop would take a 1-year, $2 million dollar deal.

Zobrist can play both 2B and platoon with Mazara in RF.  Strop would add another option to the bullpen.

You broke the rules! now im sad..

31 minutes ago, cjgalloway said:

If you had one final spot to fill (max 5 million) what would you do and who would you grab?

1. Right Fielder (platoon for Mazara)

2. Second baseman

3. Relief Pitcher

4. Other

Also include a name if you'd like!

Zobrist without question.  If not him, then probably Holt or Gennett.

• Like 1

Defo Collin McHugh at its not even close for me. Currently if a starter gets injured in the second inning or get shelled who pitches ? I hate using an entire pen to get though a game, he could also spot start. I’ll be banging the drum (bin 🤭) for this one until opening day. 

• Like 1

Give me all the shares of Scooter Gennett is he costs $5mm. He can give you shares at 2B. He's also played a few games in the OF in his career. To me a Zobrist has no upside, Gennett does. Gennett can bounce around your diamond like a poor mans Zobrist defensively, but has the upside with the bat. 

If not him, then give me a high upside pitcher opportunity ala Walker or a couple high upside guys for even less money. Bucholz types. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Colinski said:

Defo Collin McHugh at its not even close for me. Currently if a starter gets injured in the second inning or get shelled who pitches ? I hate using an entire pen to get though a game, he could also spot start. I’ll be banging the drum (bin 🤭) for this one until opening day. 

I am not against McHugh by any means, but Dunning, Lambert, Flores and even Steiever could all take starts in the 2nd half if the need arose.   

1. Yolmer Sanchez, for having the highest three year bWAR of remaining FA batters.

2. Tim Beckham, for his pharmaceutical expertise.

3. Addison Russell, for his exemplary treatment of the fairer sex.

4. Yonder Alonso, because Alex Call had to have been worth something, dammit.

5. Pedro Strop, because washed up Cubs are always fun!

Jokes aside, let's buy low on Taijuan Walker. He's only 27.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I am not against McHugh by any means, but Dunning, Lambert, Flores and even Steiever could all take starts in the 2nd half if the need arose.   

I know they want to play service time games with Kopech, but he's going to be 19 months removed from Tommy John by the start of the season. He should be ready if needed as well.

1 hour ago, cjgalloway said:

You broke the rules! now im sad..

15 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Ben Zobrist, 1 yr 5 million. 

Only because I think you may be able to sign Zobrist cheaper than that.  He is 38 and coming off of a bad season.  Jose Iglesias was better and only received 1/$3 million with a mutual option of $3 million for 2021.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

1 hour ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I’d see if Zobrist would take a 1-year, $3 million dollar deal and Pedro Strop would take a 1-year, $2 million dollar deal.

Zobrist can play both 2B and platoon with Mazara in RF.  Strop would add another option to the bullpen.

Dude zobrist is toast

40 minutes ago, TomPickle said:

I know they want to play service time games with Kopech, but he's going to be 19 months removed from Tommy John by the start of the season. He should be ready if needed as well.

I was counting Kopech already.  Giolito, Keuchel, Lopez, Cease, Gonzalez, Kopech.....Rodon sometime mid summer, and Dunning, Lambert, Flores and even Steiever as mentioned also should be 2nd half options if need be.  

Meant to quote Southwallace:

I don't disagree here at all, which is why I have Brad Miller so high on my list.  He makes a lot of sense.  Sox are pretty thin on the left side of the IF if there is an injury.  Sure Mendick and Leury could fill in in a pinch there, but I don't think the Sox are super excited about him being option 2 at both 3B and SS.  

Edited by ChiSox59
fixing incorrect quote
  • Haha 1

I'd hire like 30 new Chevy Pride Crew members (build on a strength--can never have too many), then buy a bunch of old people to sit at the top of the lower-bowl aisles, like at Wrigley, maybe dress them in funny/adorable costumes.  Bring Wally the White Sox Wolf out of retirement as a backup mascot and call it an offseason.