Goose Island Sox Golden Ale

Buehrle>Wood

10 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I loved it as well

Not to get off the subject much, but I went looking for a similar beer to Honkers at Binny's and found Trooper by Robinsons Brewery (developed by a member of the band Iron Maiden who is an ale lover).  It was quite good.

16 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Goose Island is a pretty bland brewery overall but I'll definitely be buying this just because.

I rarely disagree with you on your baseball knowledge...we are going to have to part ways on your beer opinion here but :cheers anyways!!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Goose Island is a pretty bland brewery overall but I'll definitely be buying this just because.

I always felt they were much better before they were bought out by Bud or whatever corporate overlord owns them now.  Now I find their offerings to be pretty Meh as well.

13 minutes ago, wegner said:

I rarely disagree with you on your baseball knowledge...we are going to have to part ways on your beer opinion here but :cheers anyways!!

I'm a beer snob, I admit it and I know it's an asshole trait.

I drink Fin Du Monde religiously, Founders (pretty much anything, because for my money that's the best brewery in the world), and in general I love belgium tripels and quads. 

I don't enjoy drinking a lot of low ABV beers because of the calories and it makes me feel bloated and full. I like high ABV beers in general; have 2 or 3 and set for the night.

Triple Karm, Fin Du Monde, St Bernardus are three of my favorites. Fin du Monde the best beer in the world for my money and imo.

I think Goose Island is too passive, doesn't take a lot of chances/risks, and tend to make safe beers. I like Founders because they make amazing beer (CBS, KBS, All Day) but they also make a lot of creative beers and take chances. 

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1

Just now, SouthWallace said:

I always felt they were much better before they were bought out by Bud or whatever corporate overlord owns them now.  Now I find their offerings to be pretty Meh as well.

Appeasing the masses is much more important than niche markets when you become that large; it hurts your portfolios diversity, but it creates a far more consistent product and that's what mass produced breweries need to do; make sure their offerings are consistent and drinkable by the majority.

10 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Appeasing the masses is much more important than niche markets when you become that large; it hurts your portfolios diversity, but it creates a far more consistent product and that's what mass produced breweries need to do; make sure their offerings are consistent and drinkable by the majority.

This is true.  And I appreciate that the brand is still around and reps Chicago.  I love the branding & design on this offering and I will definitely give it a try at the park this summer.  But they have a long way to go to beat out Lagunitas, Revolution, or Three Floyds for local breweries IMO.

Edited by SouthWallace

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Goose Island, the fake craft beer.  Owned by Budweiser.  Trash.

Which is owned by Inbev. Inbev owns a number of so called microbrewries. Most of the ones that are widely distributed are owned by either Inbev or Molson-Coors.

21 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I'm a beer snob, I admit it and I know it's an asshole trait.

I drink Fin Du Monde religiously, Founders (pretty much anything, because for my money that's the best brewery in the world), and in general I love belgium tripels and quads. 

I don't enjoy drinking a lot of low ABV beers because of the calories and it makes me feel bloated and full. I like high ABV beers in general; have 2 or 3 and set for the night.

Triple Karm, Fin Du Monde, St Bernardus are three of my favorites. Fin du Monde the best beer in the world for my money and imo.

I think Goose Island is too passive, doesn't take a lot of chances/risks, and tend to make safe beers. I like Founders because they make amazing beer (CBS, KBS, All Day) but they also make a lot of creative beers and take chances. 

I will check them out at Binny's....a nice 1 or 2 good beers while watching baseball can't beat it

Also, sometimes I just want a safe beer....like I said before I loved Honkers Ale....that was a nice safe beer 😁

5 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Which is owned by Inbev. Inbev owns a number of so called microbrewries. Most of the ones that are widely distributed are owned by either Inbev or Molson-Coors.

I don’t consider macro to be micro.  I’m a beer snob though, lol.  Far too many good true micros in Chicagoland area to drink this swill.

Noon Whistle

Hop Butcher

Phase Three

Old Irving

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

I will check them out at Binny's....a nice 1 or 2 good beers while watching baseball can't beat it

Also, sometimes I just want a safe beer....like I said before I loved Honkers Ale....that was a nice safe beer 😁

If you've never had it, give Founders Solid Gold a try for a lager/pilsner style beer.