Goose Island Sox Golden Ale

Buehrle>Wood

3 hours ago, RTC said:

Yep.  Goose Island is good at making mediocre beers.  Outside of Bourbon Cty, and frankly Rev is kicking BCty's ass right now.

If anyone is looking for a year-round local to replace honkers there's WAY better offerings from Rev, Pipeworks, and Half Acre

Lots of sours beyond the Belgians.  Upland is getting good distro and check out Off Color if you haven't.  They make great Gose's and Berliner Weisse's.

For you lager folks, I'd skip Cross of Gold.  It's a more hoppy American lager.  Look to Metropolitan as they're bucking the trend and their whole lineup is lagers.  And even more so look at Dovetail.  Dovetail's helles lager is killer.

Missed this post. Off color is great, as others have said. Apex Predator is just so good. 

Goose island sucks sorry Chicago folks.  Their ipa that ships to Seattle is one of the worst beers macro or micro I have ever had.  Maybe the original brewery and on tap stuff is good but oof.

founders is great but fuck that racist ass company and their lawyers.

im in San Diego just had Russian river and modern times now that is great fucking beer!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eminor3rd said:

The last two years have been subpar. It’s the OG though. There have been versions of it that are some of the best beers of all time. Keep trying it, they’ll nail it every few years. 

keep in mind it isn’t a coffee stout base either, so comparing it to the founders stouts isn’t really apples to apples.

Absolutely. Cafe Deth on the other hand ...... 🤤

55 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Goose island sucks sorry Chicago folks.  Their ipa that ships to Seattle is one of the worst beers macro or micro I have ever had.  Maybe the original brewery and on tap stuff is good but oof.

im in San Diego just had Russian river and modern times now that is great fucking beer!  

Bastard 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Russian River Pliny the Elder.  Nice.  I’ve had it a few times.

By the way, per the Brewers Association’s standards, Goose Island is no long considered a “craft brewery” since full ownership by Anheuser-Busch exceeds their definition’s 25% maximum ownership by a non-craft brewery.

https://www.brewersassociation.org/statistics-and-data/craft-brewer-definition/

21 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Russian River Pliny the Elder.  Nice.  I’ve had it a few times.

By the way, per the Brewers Association’s standards, Goose Island is no long considered a “craft brewery” since full ownership by Anheuser-Busch exceeds their definition’s 25% maximum ownership by a non-craft brewery.

https://www.brewersassociation.org/statistics-and-data/craft-brewer-definition/

Founders isn't either. Owned by a company from Spain I believe.

2 minutes ago, Eloy Jiménez said:

Pollyanna is the best of Chicago beer right now, IMHO.

But anyone who craps on Goose Island needs to pull their head from their behinds.

It's not quite Shiner but it's not bland, either.

I do like pollyanna. I was just there a few weeks ago.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eloy Jiménez said:

Lol. I should come clean. My best friend's dad owns the place

Give him my thanks. I really like many of their beers. I've been there with my cousins beer brewing club and they treat them well.

• Like 1

Had a chance to try this at SoxFest in the Goose Island setup they had there. It's pretty good. The description in the article for how it tastes is definitely spot on. Can't say it's amazing enough that I'd drink it every time, but it is good enough to be in rotation to change things up. The people working there said it would be on sale in stores a little after the start of the season FWIW.

56 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

It is similar to Leinkugel's Summer Shanty 

Shandys are a mix of beer and another non alcoholic beverage most commonly lemonade or grapefruit juice, although in Europe they will use Sprite as well (very tasty). This beer is an ale.