Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Buehrle>Wood

Goose Island Sox Golden Ale

Recommended Posts

Honkers Ale was my favorite, then they stopped making it....I'm ready for a new favorite...thanks Goose Island :gosox3:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, wegner said:

Honkers Ale was my favorite, then they stopped making it....I'm ready for a new favorite...thanks Goose Island :gosox3:

I loved it as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I loved it as well

Not to get off the subject much, but I went looking for a similar beer to Honkers at Binny's and found Trooper by Robinsons Brewery (developed by a member of the band Iron Maiden who is an ale lover).  It was quite good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd buy it just for the packaging.  I mean, I'll drink the hell out of it, too.  But the can is bad ass.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope they sell 24 oz. cans. It would look cool on display in my Man/Baby cave. That's what you get when you've got 4 grand kids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Goose Island is a pretty bland brewery overall but I'll definitely be buying this just because.

I love Goose Island and am actually going to the Brewery tonight. Never been before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Goose Island is a pretty bland brewery overall but I'll definitely be buying this just because.

I rarely disagree with you on your baseball knowledge...we are going to have to part ways on your beer opinion here but :cheers anyways!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Goose Island is a pretty bland brewery overall but I'll definitely be buying this just because.

I always felt they were much better before they were bought out by Bud or whatever corporate overlord owns them now.  Now I find their offerings to be pretty Meh as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, wegner said:

I rarely disagree with you on your baseball knowledge...we are going to have to part ways on your beer opinion here but :cheers anyways!!

I'm a beer snob, I admit it and I know it's an asshole trait.

I drink Fin Du Monde religiously, Founders (pretty much anything, because for my money that's the best brewery in the world), and in general I love belgium tripels and quads. 

I don't enjoy drinking a lot of low ABV beers because of the calories and it makes me feel bloated and full. I like high ABV beers in general; have 2 or 3 and set for the night.

Triple Karm, Fin Du Monde, St Bernardus are three of my favorites. Fin du Monde the best beer in the world for my money and imo.

I think Goose Island is too passive, doesn't take a lot of chances/risks, and tend to make safe beers. I like Founders because they make amazing beer (CBS, KBS, All Day) but they also make a lot of creative beers and take chances. 

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SouthWallace said:

I always felt they were much better before they were bought out by Bud or whatever corporate overlord owns them now.  Now I find their offerings to be pretty Meh as well.

Appeasing the masses is much more important than niche markets when you become that large; it hurts your portfolios diversity, but it creates a far more consistent product and that's what mass produced breweries need to do; make sure their offerings are consistent and drinkable by the majority.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Appeasing the masses is much more important than niche markets when you become that large; it hurts your portfolios diversity, but it creates a far more consistent product and that's what mass produced breweries need to do; make sure their offerings are consistent and drinkable by the majority.

This is true.  And I appreciate that the brand is still around and reps Chicago.  I love the branding & design on this offering and I will definitely give it a try at the park this summer.  But they have a long way to go to beat out Lagunitas, Revolution, or Three Floyds for local breweries IMO.

Edited by SouthWallace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Goose Island, the fake craft beer.  Owned by Budweiser.  Trash.

Which is owned by Inbev. Inbev owns a number of so called microbrewries. Most of the ones that are widely distributed are owned by either Inbev or Molson-Coors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I'm a beer snob, I admit it and I know it's an asshole trait.

I drink Fin Du Monde religiously, Founders (pretty much anything, because for my money that's the best brewery in the world), and in general I love belgium tripels and quads. 

I don't enjoy drinking a lot of low ABV beers because of the calories and it makes me feel bloated and full. I like high ABV beers in general; have 2 or 3 and set for the night.

Triple Karm, Fin Du Monde, St Bernardus are three of my favorites. Fin du Monde the best beer in the world for my money and imo.

I think Goose Island is too passive, doesn't take a lot of chances/risks, and tend to make safe beers. I like Founders because they make amazing beer (CBS, KBS, All Day) but they also make a lot of creative beers and take chances. 

I will check them out at Binny's....a nice 1 or 2 good beers while watching baseball can't beat it

Also, sometimes I just want a safe beer....like I said before I loved Honkers Ale....that was a nice safe beer 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Which is owned by Inbev. Inbev owns a number of so called microbrewries. Most of the ones that are widely distributed are owned by either Inbev or Molson-Coors.

I don’t consider macro to be micro.  I’m a beer snob though, lol.  Far too many good true micros in Chicagoland area to drink this swill.

Noon Whistle

Hop Butcher

Phase Three

Old Irving

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, wegner said:

I will check them out at Binny's....a nice 1 or 2 good beers while watching baseball can't beat it

Also, sometimes I just want a safe beer....like I said before I loved Honkers Ale....that was a nice safe beer 😁

If you've never had it, give Founders Solid Gold a try for a lager/pilsner style beer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Goose Island, the fake craft beer.  Owned by Budweiser.  Trash.

Do you feel some obligation to just shit on everything that anyone on this website gets excited about?  Not needed.

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×