Soxfest news and notes

Buehrle>Wood

56 minutes ago, fathom said:

Abreu was absolutely hilarious with Yoan and Robert. Yoan definitely worked on his English. Grandal is not a very exciting interview.

That's why I'm not letting us retain him bother me a ton. He may not be elite, but I don't think he's hurting us with his play, and its clear his role with some of the players.

• Love 1

14 hours ago, fathom said:

Abreu was absolutely hilarious with Yoan and Robert. Yoan definitely worked on his English. Grandal is not a very exciting interview.

I wish those who hate (OK, dislike, didn't want to sign, etc) would actually see him in action at such event. They'd see how special it is to have him in our clubhouse.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I wish those who hate (OK, dislike, didn't want to sign, etc) would actually see him in action at such event. They'd see how special it is to have him in our clubhouse.

Aside from the idea of signing him to that extension, I love the stories I have seen of his work with Abreu's Amigos.  Jose seems to be just a geniunely great guy....our generation's Minnie Minoso.

Just having him and others like Tim Anderson who give their time to the community makes it even easier to root hard for this squad.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, wegner said:

Aside from the idea of signing him to that extension, I love the stories I have seen of his work with Abreu's Amigos.  Jose seems to be just a geniunely great guy....our generation's Minnie Minoso.

Just having him and others like Tim Anderson who give their time to the community makes it even easier to root hard for this squad.

People may not like the contract. But Abreu brings soo much more. The PR he brings is outstanding. That's one thing I can say about jerry that he rewards his people well. I know its not the best way and sometimes its the wrong people but the sox ain't losing nothing with Abreu. I hope they can be good these next 5-6 years. Abreu deserves that. I really wanna see what Abreu can do with protection in the lineup and I hope he realizes its not all him this year and he can just relax and let it flow. Abreu can be a dangerous hitter.

• Like 5