Sign in to follow this  
Quin

Kobe Bryant dead at 41

Kobe is dead. Helicopter crash.

Note: TMZ reporting, but the crash happened and TMZ is pretty much on the ball with deaths.

If you google search "Kobe helicopter" and click images, the serial number on it- N72EX- matches the reported helicopter that crashed today.

Unfuckingbelievable. So sad

I hope the guy who was reporting from the scene got wrong info or simply misspoke, but they just broke into the Pro Bowl for an ABC report and he said "it's believed that the other 4 people on the helicopter were his 4 daughters." Please please please be wrong

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

I hope the guy who was reporting from the scene got wrong info or simply misspoke, but they just broke into the Pro Bowl for an ABC report and he said "it's believed that the other 4 people on the helicopter were his 4 daughters." Please please please be wrong

All of the other reports so far are saying his wife and 4 daughters were not involved. 

Just now, ptatc said:

All of the other reports so far are saying his wife and 4 daughters were not involved. 

Like I said, realllllly hoping they weren't there

4 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Like I said, realllllly hoping they weren't there

Agreed.

5 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Lets hope this is wrong. The math doesn't add up unless Kobe was flying the helicopter himself. TMZ reported 5 people were killed (Kobe being 1 of them).

Edited by SoxAce

At least one of his daughters was not on the helicopter so hopefully the rest of them weren’t either. 

This has been a shitstorm for reporting. People are so stupid in an effort to be first. Fucking idiots.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My best guess, and I'm sure we'll hear some elaboration, is that the ABC News reporter misread his source (or his source mis-typed) and accidentally turned TMZ's original report of "not believed his 4 daughters were on board" into "believed his 4 daughters were on board."

That being said, TMZ now more credibly reports that his daughter GiGi was among those on the helicopter and they were heading to her basketball practice.