Kobe Bryant dead at 41

Quin

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Parent is a juco baseball coach 

Has to be the son or nephew of Joe Altobelli, right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Altobelli

Hard to watch the interview with Doc Rivers...Ernie Johnson was just on CNN with Wolf Blitzer and was really torn up.

The last time I remember something so shocking was the announcement about Magic Johnson in the 90’s that changed the world in terms of AIDs/HIV awareness.

Edited by caulfield12

40 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Has to be the son or nephew of Joe Altobelli, right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Altobelli

Hard to watch the interview with Doc Rivers...Ernie Johnson was just on CNN with Wolf Blitzer and was really torn up.

The last time I remember something so shocking was the announcement about Magic Johnson in the 90’s that changed the world in terms of AIDs/HIV awareness.

I don’t think John Altobelli is related to Joe. Seeing online John had a son JJ play for the Oregon Ducks years ago and his player profile didn’t mention Joe...which it probably would have if they were related. Hope JJ can take care of his surviving step sister. Such a tragedy. 

The audio of the flight is out on youtube now. It's not too bad, as you don't hear it hit or anything, but man it's so f***ing weird. He asks for special tracking due to the weather, the person at control says that he's too low, it tells us the signal is lost and that's it. So eerie. 

1 hour ago, soxfan49 said:

The audio of the flight is out on youtube now. It's not too bad, as you don't hear it hit or anything, but man it's so f***ing weird. He asks for special tracking due to the weather, the person at control says that he's too low, it tells us the signal is lost and that's it. So eerie. 

Just to clarify this point, as the media is wrongly clarifying what the pilot was said.

That relay is given many times a day - according to someone in ATC - and it's not a warning at all. It's merely being said to let them show they're not on radar, so they can't give you any additional information since they do not show up on radar. They are not telling the pilot he is flying too low; they are telling him he's too low to report/show up.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Brian said:

If I'm reading that radar right, they were waiting to go then maybe lost control?

Was hoping they didn't see it coming.

That's my thing. I keep thinking about the terror they were feeling, but hopefully the fog created no depth perception & they never even saw the mountain and it was instant.