The new FutureSox dot com - it's here! Give it a look.

NorthSideSox72

FutureSox has migrated off the ChicagoNow blog network, officially, as of last night. The website is all-new. Here it is.

There are still some tweaks being made, it's not in final target state, but it's up and running and already looks and feels a heck of a lot better than the CN version did. No ads at present, and any ads that come later will be non-intrusive.

Give a crawl around, try some categories, read a couple articles, and comment with your thoughts so far on the new site! I can pass that info on to the right people.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, NorthSideSox72 said:

FutureSox has migrated off the ChicagoNow blog network, officially, as of last night. The website is all-new. Here it is.

There are still some tweaks being made, it's not in final target state, but it's up and running and already looks and feels a heck of a lot better than the CN version did. No ads at present, and any ads that come later will be non-intrusive.

Give a crawl around, try some categories, read a couple articles, and comment with your thoughts so far on the new site! I can pass that info on to the right people.

I dig it.  Feels much less cluttered.  More readable and easier to navigate.  Well done!

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

The work that has been done to build FutureSox can't be praised enough.  Congratulations team and everyone who has had a part in this!  It is literally one of the top content providers for ANY White Sox related page, especially one that is fully independent.

This says it perfectly.  Thanks FutureSox team. 

4 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

The work that has been done to build FutureSox can't be praised enough.  Congratulations team and everyone who has had a part in this!  It is literally one of the top content providers for ANY White Sox related page, especially one that is fully independent.

He's alive!!! And it didn't even take a greg post to get him to him to post!

The new site looks phenomenal though. I've said it before many times, but the content Futuresox puts out is simply phenomenal. I recommend it to all the White Sox fans I know. As we enter the (hopefully) golden age for the White Sox, I hope Futuresox and Soxtalk get an influx of new White Sox fans, causing both sites to flourish like never before. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, ron883 said:

The new site looks phenomenal though. I've said it before many times, but the content Futuresox puts out is simply phenomenal. I recommend it to all the White Sox fans I know. As we enter the (hopefully) golden age for the White Sox, I hope Futuresox and Soxtalk get an influx of new White Sox fans, causing both sites to flourish like never before. 

Sounds like my college kids when he needs money. 😉

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ron883 said:

I'm trying to become next in line for a moderator nomination here. You'll be first on my list when I get the position

I heard the first step to becoming a mod here is by throwing in a fat lipper, getting on your knees, and praising the great Pito.  😉

By the way, great site on mobile.  I love how the articles fit perfectly in portrait mode and when you change your phone to landscape, you can also see the Twitter feeds, at least on iPhone.  I haven’t tried it on Android.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

5 hours ago, glangon said:

Fantastic, great work. As a UK reader, I can finally read the Futuresox site. I'm ecstatic about that.

This was one of the reasons for the move. Not the biggest one, but we did actually get like 1-2% of our traffic from Europe, and that disappeared at the beginning of 2018 when TribCo screwed the pooch on that stuff. Also, FS now has a writer who in fact resides in Europe, which could not have happened on CN.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, NorthSideSox72 said:

This was one of the reasons for the move. Not the biggest one, but we did actually get like 1-2% of our traffic from Europe, and that disappeared at the beginning of 2018 when TribCo screwed the pooch on that stuff. Also, FS now has a writer who in fact resides in Europe, which could not have happened on CN.

That's awesome. I've wondered how popular the MLB is in Europe. They really should tap into that market more to grow the game. I'm not sure how feasible it would be to regularly do games there but this increased season length to give more off days could be a precursor to it. This is something that should be addressed in the next CBA. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ptatc said:

That's awesome. I've wondered how popular the MLB is in Europe. They really should tap into that market more to grow the game. I'm not sure how feasible it would be to regularly do games there but this increased season length to give more off days could be a precursor to it. This is something that should be addressed in the next CBA. 

I believe the Cubs are playing in London this year, some real games. There is a pro circuit in the UK, and more rec play is happening, but it is all still very minor over there. I've spent a fair amount of time in London on business and asked people, and most are fully unaware of the sport even being played there.

Not sure about the rest of Europe, though I know there are some leagues in The Netherlands, Germany, and Italy.

5 hours ago, NorthSideSox72 said:

I believe the Cubs are playing in London this year, some real games. There is a pro circuit in the UK, and more rec play is happening, but it is all still very minor over there. I've spent a fair amount of time in London on business and asked people, and most are fully unaware of the sport even being played there.

Not sure about the rest of Europe, though I know there are some leagues in The Netherlands, Germany, and Italy.

I know there is a few leagues in those countries but MLB needs to increase their visibility and popularity somehow. I would interested to see the mlb.tv number on subscriptions from europe.

Only negative I have noticed is that when you google "Futuresox", this is the 4th site shown. The old Chicagonow Futuresox website is shown first. The Chicagonow article about Futuresox ending on their site doesn't have a link to the new Futuresox site. I can see people who aren't regulars thinking it is gone or down for a prolonged period of time. 

• Rankin unpinned this topic