ESPN looking to remove Jessica Mendoza from Sunday Night Baseball

Buehrle>Wood

2 hours ago, Dominikk85 said:

I have no problem with a woman there but I think the double role with the mets is problematic as she is biased there. If she was just an advisor it might be ok, but as I understand she works there more like in a full time capacity.

Apparently these double roles are pretty normal for ESPN folks. David Ross was on air while having a similar job with the Cubs. Frank Thomas is a "Special Consultant for business operations" for the White Sox. 

32 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Apparently these double roles are pretty normal for ESPN folks. David Ross was on air while having a similar job with the Cubs. Frank Thomas is a "Special Consultant for business operations" for the White Sox. 

I don’t think this is right though. Thomas, Arod, Ross were mostly just guys that hang around and do some spot coaching in spring training and are generally available for org events.

Mendoza, at least in her announced position, they said she’d have input in player evals and roster construction. That’s a different level of access.

18 hours ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Jon Miller and Joe Morgan were the best broadcast duo for Sunday night baseball.

Jon miller was alright. Morgan was boring, arrogant and a know it all who slobbered all over the yankees

8 hours ago, Dominikk85 said:

I have no problem with a woman there but I think the double role with the mets is problematic as she is biased there. If she was just an advisor it might be ok, but as I understand she works there more like in a full time capacity.

Who cares? It's not like sports is law or something. 

7 hours ago, oldsox said:

Mendoza giggles way too much.  Whether she was paired with Aaron Boone or A-Rod, it was just a constant stream of giggles.

On the radio last year during the playoffs I felt for sure they were banging.  That was the only explanation for how giggly she was at everything he said.  She's a mediocre analyst plenty of mediocre men analysts as well so that's progress I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

With their 11-1 record, the 2005 White Sox were one the best post-season teams in baseball history.

They got absolutely no respect from the national media - and still don't.

The Buck-McCarver calling of the 2005 World Series was one of the worst ever. 

Buck sure changed his demeanor for the Cubs lovable. Hope he enjoyed himself since it'll be another century before they get there again.

The White Sox are putting together a very compelling team.

They will not be hiding in the shadows much longer. 

Edited by GradMc