FS: Top Prospects by Position - THREAD

Rankin

Hey all, 

Coinciding with our site launch, we will be posting a new top-5/10 list by position daily. Find them below:

1-27-20: Starting Pitchers

1-28-20: Right-handed Relievers

1-28-20: Left-handed Relievers

1-29-20: Outfielders

1-30-20: First Base

1-31-20: Middle Infield

2-01-20: Third Base (Woo, February!)

2-02-20: Catchers

That'll do it! Next up will be the FutureSox preseason top-30 prospect list. Keep an eye on that coming February 10-14.

Edited by Rankin
  • Like 2

Great lists.  I still have a lot of hope for those first four relievers and this should finally be the year we start feeling their impact assuming certain guys come back healthy.  Hamilton is my sleeper this season as he was on track to be an important part of the bullpen last year before a wave of bizarre injuries

As for the starters, it’s insane how much better our depth is with Thompson & Dalquist.  If you exclude Kopech, we’d be looking at top five of Dunning, Stiever, Lambert, Pilkington, & Flores without the two prep picks.  That’s really fucking weak and no idea how you’d even round out a top 10 with any semblance of real prospects.

On 1/28/2020 at 6:24 AM, Chicago White Sox said:

Great lists.  I still have a lot of hope for those first four relievers and this should finally be the year we start feeling their impact assuming certain guys come back healthy.  Hamilton is my sleeper this season as he was on track to be an important part of the bullpen last year before a wave of bizarre injuries

As for the starters, it’s insane how much better our depth is with Thompson & Dalquist.  If you exclude Kopech, we’d be looking at top five of Dunning, Stiever, Lambert, Pilkington, & Flores without the two prep picks.  That’s really fucking weak and no idea how you’d even round out a top 10 with any semblance of real prospects.

I agree with you on the starting depth. I'm still hoping Cade McClure returns and pitches like he did 2 yrs ago before all the injuries. 

• Like 1

• Rankin unpinned this topic