Kris Bryant loses grievance

Kyyle23

2 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Eh I kinda would have preferred he won, not that I believe he had a chance. One less year of control if he stays with Cubs and also less trade value if they move him.

If he won, a huge can of worms would open up. Anyone who gets hot for a week or two could conceivably have a case.  The only way to "fix" it is to change the service time rules, which I am sure will be done. 

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, soxfan2014 said:

Eh I kinda would have preferred he won, not that I believe he had a chance. One less year of control if he stays with Cubs and also less trade value if they move him.

How does he now have less trade value? Any team trading for him has another year of control.

1 hour ago, Charlie Haeger's Knuckles said:

How does he now have less trade value? Any team trading for him has another year of control.

Look again what I said. I'm saying if he won the case he would have less control meaning less trade value. But reading is hard.

Edited by soxfan2014
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Perfect Vision said:

In Sox news, does this increase the chances that Madrigal is up on April 8th or something like that?  If Bryant couldn't win his case, I can't see how anyone could.

I don't think so, because the service time rules remain the same.

21 minutes ago, Perfect Vision said:

In Sox news, does this increase the chances that Madrigal is up on April 8th or something like that?  If Bryant couldn't win his case, I can't see how anyone could.

I wouldn't play with fire. He either gets an extension, or we comes up April 15th ish. 

57 minutes ago, Perfect Vision said:

I don't think it changes anything regarding Madrigal.  Unless he makes it 1000% obvious he is ready out of Spring Training, no one really has a case to argue against him spending a few more weeks in AAA..  It might make other teams be more careful with how they handle service time with guys that are obviously ready, but I'm just speculating.

6 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

He HAS to be shipped out now yeah?  I'm guessing the Cubs/Bryant found out unofficially the other day when they picked up Souza and JJ.  I don't think he's going to be the only domino.

I hope he is because now the Cubs won't be able to get Castellanos to replace trading away Bryant.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

I don't think it changes anything regarding Madrigal.  Unless he makes it 1000% obvious he is ready out of Spring Training, no one really has a case to argue against him spending a few more weeks in AAA..  It might make other teams be more careful with how they handle service time with guys that are obviously ready, but I'm just speculating.

There is no way Madrigal would have a legitimate case staying in AAA for a bit.  He was good last year in the minors but he wasn't exactly destroying the plate.  

• Like 1