MLB THE SHOW: 20

Squirmin' for Yermin

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 12:05 PM, cjgalloway said:

Is someone here the one in charge of the White Sox OSFM roster?  Any idea when that usually gets uploaded?  I know the game isn't even released yet. Just thinking.

Yeah the poster who normally does the White Sox has the same username here as he does on the Operation Sports forum for the show. CWSPALEHOSE I believe. The full rosters normally get uploaded within the first month of the release of the game. I haven't owned it since 2017 and now that you can rollover your franchise from one year to the next, I think it helps get the rosters out sooner.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, soxfan2014 said:

Yeah the poster who normally does the White Sox has the same username here as he does on the Operation Sports forum for the show. CWSPALEHOSE I believe. The full rosters normally get uploaded within the first month of the release of the game. I haven't owned it since 2017 and now that you can rollover your franchise from one year to the next, I think it helps get the rosters out sooner.

yeah! Yeah I haven;t gotten a new show since then too, but am going to this year given our considerably more talented and interesting team.

I remember in the show 18 someone created an all 2005 OSFM Roster. It was wonderful and I played post-season mode and relived that magical Sox run. Sucks though, I can't find the roster anymore. Maybe it was deleted or didn't carry over? I wish someone would make that again 😕

• Love 1

9 hours ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

That would be me. Typically it gets released a week or two after the game drops. 

Who is responsible for OSFM this year since ridindwnkingsley isn't doing it anymore? 

I'm not purchasing if no OSFM this year. I've decided to wait until after the MLB draft to purchase this year's version, because that's when I'm happiest with the rosters, and the price drops to $40 by then. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

50 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Who is responsible for OSFM this year since ridindwnkingsley isn't doing it anymore? 

I'm not purchasing if no OSFM this year. I've decided to wait until after the MLB draft to purchase this year's version, because that's when I'm happiest with the rosters, and the price drops to $40 by then. 

Not sure where you heard that, but Ridin is still overseeing everything. He doesn’t really post anymore on OS. But I can let you know we’ve been working on the Full Minors roster the same as we always do this time of the year.

7 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

I usually don't anymore either, but between now and May there's like 4 games that I really want to play. After that, probably nothing for a couple years.

What other games you have your eye on?  

Never been much of a shooter gamer.  Used to play the show and NHL a decent amount in my college years, but that's about it for me since the original Xbox days.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

What other games you have your eye on?  

Never been much of a shooter gamer.  Used to play the show and NHL a decent amount in my college years, but that's about it for me since the original Xbox days.  

I'm really into apocalypse themed games and horror in general. MLB The Show of course, Last of Us 2 comes out in May, Resident Evil 3 Remake in March, this game Daymare: 1998 has me intrigued since this started out as a game that fans were creating to be the Resident Evil 2 remake, until Capcom stopped them and created their own ( will probably buy this one later in the year when the price is lower).

10 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

That's huge. Wasn't the reason for the fake players something with the MLBPA? Did they reach a new agreement or something?

I'm not sure what happened but in the videos they've shown so far all the minor league players are real.

11 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Posting this case anyone didn’t see this yet. I can confirm that we collaborated with San Diego Studios on the rosters. Definitely watch the live stream tomorrow for full details. If you weren’t planning on getting the game I would seriously consider changing your mind now.

Suhweeeettt

24 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Posting this case anyone didn’t see this yet. I can confirm that we collaborated with San Diego Studios on the rosters. Definitely watch the live stream tomorrow for full details. If you weren’t planning on getting the game I would seriously consider changing your mind now.

WOW. That's huge. Obviously, someone will still need to do a little work. Between now and the start of the season, so many guys will be cut and replacements will need to be added. Obviously not as much work as previous years (which I am fully grateful for).

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 9:52 AM, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Did the stream happen yet? Haven't had time to check.

On 2/12/2020 at 9:52 AM, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Any idea how they got around doing this without players being in the MLBPA? That was always the excuse for literally the last 15 years. that they weren't allowed to. Many minor leaguers have spoken out on Twitter about this asking where their cut is for SCEA using their likeness in the game....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Any idea how they got around doing this without players being in the MLBPA? That was always the excuse for literally the last 15 years. that they weren't allowed to. Many minor leaguers have spoken out on Twitter about this asking where their cut is for SCEA using their likeness in the game....

This is my own guess, but I believe this has more to do with an agreement between Sony and the MiLB. So it’s probably a clause in their contracts. 

On 2/12/2020 at 9:52 AM, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Correct me if im wrong.. But now we won't have to wait for the OSFM rosters to drop?  I'm assuming they won't even be made anhymore?