MLB THE SHOW: 20

Squirmin' for Yermin

7 hours ago, cjgalloway said:

Correct me if im wrong.. But now we won't have to wait for the OSFM rosters to drop?  I'm assuming they won't even be made anhymore?

You will be able to start a franchise on release day if you choose. Which is awesome. I wouldn't go so far to say they will never be made again. The need for new, additional players is always going to be there. Regardless, I got you covered for the Sox - I always post guys to the vault individually.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cjgalloway said:

Correct me if im wrong.. But now we won't have to wait for the OSFM rosters to drop?  I'm assuming they won't even be made anhymore?

Nah, the community will stay make them to provide edits. I think on the stream they said they did around 100 facial scans of players. That leaves almost 1400 players that didn't get scanned in, so their faces may not look that great. The community will do things like that. Also, it looks like single-A players are randomly generated. I noticed there was no James Beard, who is not much of a prospect in real life, but is it massive weapon in a video game franchise. He will be the first and maybe only Sox prospect that I will have to create or download from the vault. Maybe Dalquist and Thompson too.

8 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Nah, the community will stay make them to provide edits. I think on the stream they said they did around 100 facial scans of players. That leaves almost 1400 players that didn't get scanned in, so their faces may not look that great. The community will do things like that. Also, it looks like single-A players are randomly generated. I noticed there was no James Beard, who is not much of a prospect in real life, but is it massive weapon in a video game franchise. He will be the first and maybe only Sox prospect that I will have to create or download from the vault. Maybe Dalquist and Thompson too.

Interesting.. Then I will wait for the more detailed OSFM roster

12 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

That and with the game coming out mid-March, between then and Spring training (earlier since roster cutoff will probably be early Feb), trades happen and guys get claimed on waivers and released.

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 10:37 PM, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

You will be able to start a franchise on release day if you choose. Which is awesome. I wouldn't go so far to say they will never be made again. The need for new, additional players is always going to be there. Regardless, I got you covered for the Sox - I always post guys to the vault individually.

I love this because personally, I would rather release some of the older prospects and minor league fodder (Ross Detwiler, Andrew Romine and Cheslor Cuthbert come to mind) in favor of adding younger more interesting prospects to the system for franchise play.

• 1 month later...
On 2/14/2020 at 10:37 PM, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Hey man, how will the delayed season impact your fantastic OSFM roster?  Will it still be released in the next few weeks?

2 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Hey man, how will the delayed season impact your fantastic OSFM roster?  Will it still be released in the next few weeks?

The roster came out yesterday (kinda messy though). And worth mentioning it's not just his work.

Edited by soxfan2014

6 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Just started my franchise. Had to create and add James Beard to the Sox org.

And, per usual, I had to tweak a lot of the Sox player's atributes. It seems they are always so far off when it comes to speed and defense. I think Moncada had like a 64 speed or something.

Yeah Moncada 64 speed made me laugh lol. 

6 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Just started my franchise. Had to create and add James Beard to the Sox org.

And, per usual, I had to tweak a lot of the Sox player's atributes. It seems they are always so far off when it comes to speed and defense. I think Moncada had like a 64 speed or something.

Yeah speed ratings are all I touched. Boosted Anderson, Moncada and Madrigal a bit.

On 3/23/2020 at 10:09 AM, soxfan2014 said:

The roster came out yesterday (kinda messy though). And worth mentioning it's not just his work.

Dalquist nor Thompson are in this correct?  I downloaded 1.5.  MAking sure I have the correct one, looks like a good amount of randos.  I'll create them if i need to. Still love it

2 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Dalquist nor Thompson are in this correct?  I downloaded 1.5.  MAking sure I have the correct one, looks like a good amount of randos.  I'll create them if i need to. Still love it

Thompson is there. No Dalquist. James Beard is the only one I cared to add because he is immediately a weapon off the bench.

You guys.... I got bad news.

I started my franchise and the Sox go 1-2 against the Royals in the opening series. Danny Duffy just threw a CG shutout against me, allowing 2 hits with 10 K and 0 BB.

Luis Robert is 0-14 with 5 K and 0 BB. Madrigal is 0-10 with 1 BB, 1 K. And less important, Mazara is 0-12 with 1 BB, 4 K.

The good news? Eloy has 3 HR and TA7 is batting .385. As for the pitching, Kopech had a great first start.  7 1/3 IP, 1 ER, 0 BB, 7 K.  Giolito struck out 8 batters in only 3 1/3 IP before a rain delay wiped out his Opening Day start, but he was tagged with 3 runs. Colome has been bad.  3 2/3 IP, 3 ER, 2 HR, blown save. 

I'm sure you all would love for more updates on my 2020 White Sox. ;)

12 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I started my franchise and the Sox go 1-2 against the Royals in the opening series. Danny Duffy just threw a CG shutout against me, allowing 2 hits with 10 K and 0 BB.

Luis Robert is 0-14 with 5 K and 0 BB. Madrigal is 0-10 with 1 BB, 1 K. And less important, Mazara is 0-12 with 1 BB, 4 K.

The good news? Eloy has 3 HR and TA7 is batting .385. As for the pitching, Kopech had a great first start.  7 1/3 IP, 1 ER, 0 BB, 7 K.  Giolito struck out 8 batters in only 3 1/3 IP before a rain delay wiped out his Opening Day start, but he was tagged with 3 runs. Colome has been bad.  3 2/3 IP, 3 ER, 2 HR, blown save. 

I'm sure you all would love for more updates on my 2020 White Sox. ;)

How is Fernando Tatis Jr?

28 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Well we know that's not happening in real life anyways for another month or so, so... :ninja:

3 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Tatis is 1 for 19 with 1 BB, 10 K.

We took the first game against Cleveland. Rodon with a nice start. Eloy hit his 4th HR. Robert got a bases loaded seeing-eye single for his first major league hit. Madrigal....still hitless.

Sounds like you are playing the games?

9 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Thompson is there. No Dalquist. James Beard is the only one I cared to add because he is immediately a weapon off the bench.

Would you mind uploading your James Beard to the vault? Rather have as many prospects in the roster set as possible (what I usually do is cut the older veterans in the minors or prospects who already getting up there in age and have like D potential).

1 hour ago, soxfan2014 said:

Would you mind uploading your James Beard to the vault? Rather have as many prospects in the roster set as possible (what I usually do is cut the older veterans in the minors or prospects who already getting up there in age and have like D potential).

James Beard is indeed in the vault.. He is just in Free Agency for some reason..  Same with Norge Vera and AJ Pucket.  There may be more in FA that I missed but those 3 definetely are... Along with Oscar Colas ;)

Edited by Squirmin' for Yermin

25 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

James Beard is indeed in the vault.. He is just in Free Agency for some reason..  Same with Norge Vera and AJ Pucket.  There may be more in FA that I missed but those 3 definetely are... Along with Oscar Colas ;)

Perfect...I can dump the Andrew Romines, Cheslor Cuthberts, Ross Detwilers of the world.

• Like 1