Let's talk about the spring training hat

bmags

2 hours ago, danman31 said:

It's like someone accidentally forgot to turn a layer off in Photoshop and then made the entire line like that. Absolutely awful. A few of them are cool, but the White Sox one honestly might be the worst of the set

So dumb.  Black layered on black so you can’t even see the full logo.  Such a stupid design.

This is almost as bad as the awful microscopic 49ers logo on Shanahan’s hat.

What were they thinking?

C8-B60545-DEF5-4-BB2-9-A12-1969-DFC4-B3-

And here I thought the players' weekend uniforms (except the Sox) were bad... Every ST hat design blows chunks this year. New Era managed to find a fucking moron to come up with those. You can't make out what any of those designs are supposed to be. I'm almost insulted as a designer that someone was paid to come up with those.

23 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

So dumb.  Black layered on black so you can’t even see the full logo.  Such a stupid design.

This is almost as bad as the awful microscopic 49ers logo on Shanahan’s hat.

What were they thinking?

C8-B60545-DEF5-4-BB2-9-A12-1969-DFC4-B3-

Kyle's hat is awesome, come on. Simpler is better. 49ers gear is always top notch.  It's Kyle going flat brim that gives it a sort of.....douchey look😁

Edited by Lonchair
To add to my comment

Every hat in this thread is terrible.  Whoever the designer is at NEW ERA may be replaced but who knows maybe the kids like this and they buy it.  I don't buy them unless its at a deep discount.

I bought last year's spring training hat (which was awesome) brand new at Soxfest for $10.

I get the feeling there are going to be an endless supply of these at Soxfest for free. 

I think this is a consequence of giving someone control to design on behalf of the league as a whole. Had each team been left responsible for their own look and cap this wouldn't have happened. What instead happened was a league-wide umbrella project and whomever came up with the design template saw (or thought) it was cool at least for some of the teams. When it got down to doing the Sox, they were so married to the idea and couldn't see past it to notice that as applied to the Sox - it sux.

Edited by SpringfieldFan