Betts to Dodgers

Whisox05

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Still think Sox desperately need one more bench piece, with Holt being the perfect fit.  Right now we’re a few injuries away from seeing way too much Leury and Engel again.

I agree and I think we'll sign a bench player in the coming days. 

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

Twins aren't fooling around.  It's good for MLB to have interest outside the traditional large markets and it creates excitement of which the Sox have a legit shot to participate in down the stretch.  Good.

Yeah, the bright side is absolutely that it makes for a more entertaining sport. Hopefully it motivates Jerry to continue spending, too. This offseason was a great start, but a massive finishing move might be all we need. 

1 minute ago, aeichhor said:

or...he is controlled at a very reasonable cost through 2024?  Twitter has made us all dumb.  It's a move for the next 3 years traded for the next 6 really.  Good move by the Twins.  Weakens them tho big time if his 31 year old arm gets hurt.   Then the control means nothing.  It's a gamble, calculated one tho.

2 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I've heard that the Dodgers wanted Bummer in return for Joc Pederson. They couldn't match up. Dodgers priorities changed. 

Yea it was a trade of opportunity whatever.  HOWEVAH I did say at the time that the sox were in danger of the opportunity cost of you know actually getting a RF proven good instead of this hopeful mazara biz.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

4 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I've heard that the Dodgers wanted Bummer in return for Joc Pederson. They couldn't match up. Dodgers priorities changed. 

I’m not buying this.  How do you go from demanding a top young lefty reliever for Joc to accepting a backup infielder like Luis Rengifo?

Edited by Moan4Yoan

6 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Weird how they asked so much from the Sox got took so little from the Angels.  The team that kept their powder dry made out like bandits.  

They also didn't have Mookie and Pederson on the roster as a spare part...but go ahead and ignore facts. 

Edited by soxfan2014
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Are the Dodgers sending more players to the Red Sox or did they really only trade Alex Verdugo and Kenta Maeda for Mookie freakin Betts and David Price?

Remember the cash side of this trade.  Dodgers must have sent an armored car as well.  

1 minute ago, soxfan2014 said:

But they made the trade because they got Betts so that doesn't matter that it's separate. 

But your argument makes no sense.  The Angels are just another team like the White Sox, and they gave up jack squat for Joc.  What was stopping the Sox from making a crappy offer for Joc?

Edited by Moan4Yoan