Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
aeichhor

Betts to Dodgers

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

More years of cheaper control is always better than less.

Steele Walker isn't good at this point. 2 years and possible extension of good player who was an elite prospect is better than 6 cheap years of a long shot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SonofaRoache said:

Steele Walker isn't good at this point. 2 years and possible extension of good player who was an elite prospect is better than 6 cheap years of a long shot. 

You realize that the extension argument is extra silly since it is also possible to "Sign guys as free agents"? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

You realize that the extension argument is extra silly since it is also possible to "Sign guys as free agents"? 

I'm not making any argument. I'm just saying we shouldn't be upset we traded for Mazara IF he turns out to be real good. Those two years would be more valuable than 6 from Walker. It would also mean for 2 years we have a top 5 lineup in the AL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SonofaRoache said:

Steele Walker isn't good at this point. 2 years and possible extension of good player who was an elite prospect is better than 6 cheap years of a long shot. 

You don’t think it’s possible that Walker becomes a sub-.800 OPS guy in the majors, just like Mazara?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

You don’t think it’s possible that Walker becomes a sub-.800 OPS guy in the majors, just like Mazara?

The premise here is IF Mazara becomes worthy of an extension. I don't like him that much, but that was the debate. If he in fact becomes that good, then yes it would be better for us than having Walker for 6 years. Especially if we extend him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bad Hombre said:

It’ll be interesting to see if the entire trade is called off. 

Dodgers can still pull it off by themselves. Doesn't seem necessary for it to be a 3-team deal honestly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Dodgers can still pull it off by themselves. Doesn't seem necessary for it to be a 3-team deal honestly. 

Seems like Boston specifically wanted “mlb ready” guys, Dodgers may not want to give away any of their pitching like that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Fake news but here we go 

 

 

You never know. Pressure is on for the Red Sox and Dodgers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some really boorish juvenile desperados abusing Twitter followers. I would not give them any publicity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does NOT St*ve read this board and then just throw shit out on Twitter?

Not sure what Maeda does for the Sox at this point vs what would have to given up.  Same goes for Joc if his previous cost was Bummer. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SouthWallace said:

Does NOT St*ve read this board and then just throw shit out on Twitter?

Not sure what Maeda does for the Sox at this point vs what would have to given up.  Same goes for Joc if his previous cost was Bummer. 

Isn't it obvious that the Sox would give up Gio Gonzalez thus having had him 3 times without ever playing for the Sox ?  😋

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, flavum said:

You never know. Pressure is on for the Red Sox and Dodgers.

Kind of weird NOT Cishek mentioned Pederson and Stripling since no one is saying that deal is dead.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EloyJenkins said:

This is awesome news. Twins stuck with damaged goods and no #3

You hate to see it. ;)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

No idea how we’d fit another starter in at the moment.

I already told you ( not you specifically). Gio Gonzales strike 3. 3 times a Sox 3 times never played for the Sox.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×