Betts to Dodgers

Whisox05

13 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

What the F is going on.  If Pederson gets traded and Hahn settled for Mazara I'm gonna be PISSED!!!!!

I’m sure Hahn would have given up Kopech for Pederson. #Green What makes you think Hahn won’t make an acquisition at the trade deadline?

Edited by The Beast

Just now, soxfan2014 said:

And if Mazara sucks, he can trade for another one at the deadline if the team is doing good.

Exactly. Betts wasn’t going to happen and who knows if Peterson’s asking price was a king’s ransom that they couldn’t meet?

Also didn’t realize Maeda isn’t a free agent until 2024. Twins must really believe in him and believe he can be a healthy starter.

Seems like a tall order, guy always was on the injury list if my memory serves correct.

I’d be upset if we traded Cease for him.

• Like 1

Just now, hi8is said:

Isn’t Maeda always hurt?

never pitched more than like 160 innings.  He's like a 3 WAR pitcher.  I'd be pretty pissed if Chicago traded Cease for him.   I can see why Minnesota did it tho as he has 3 club options after this year.  If he works out they just got a solid 3rd starter for very cheap.  Similar to perhaps what they would have gotten from the kid pitcher they traded.

Of course he could totally stink in the AL or get hurt.  They took a bit of a risk.