FS: Jake Burger: Forgotten, but not (yet) gone

Rankin

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Not around the team in any capacity right now.  99%  of minor league players are in some form of organized camp right now.   Burger is not.  What does that say?

He can't be away from the team after the mandatory reporting date without the team's permission. So it's obviously something the team is ok with. Maybe it's retirement but I doubt it.

4 minutes ago, ptatc said:

He can't be away from the team after the mandatory reporting date without the team's permission. So it's obviously something the team is ok with. Maybe it's retirement but I doubt it.

I'm guessing he asked for leave and it was granted.  I think the heel injury might have been the death knell for him.  Probably just said "fuck it" after that and hey it's his decision.  He could grind for 10 years making 30K a year at most and wakeup and be 35 and spent some of his best years doing what?

I don't begrudge jake anything as a person.  As a fan sure it's hard to swallow a top pick doing jack squat but as a person Jake is free to pursue his happiness without my judgement.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'm guessing he asked for leave and it was granted.  I think the heel injury might have been the death knell for him.  Probably just said "fuck it" after that and hey it's his decision.  He could grind for 10 years making 30K a year at most and wakeup and be 35 and spent some of his best years doing what?

I don't begrudge jake anything as a person.  As a fan sure it's hard to swallow a top pick doing jack squat but as a person Jake is free to pursue his happiness without my judgement.

Yet, you continue to cast more and more judgement with every post.  

5 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

It possible but there is usually information released when this happens, especially with a high profile pick like this.

2 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

It's a joke.

But is a real possibility. Rehab from one rupture is tough enough.  It's not surprising that he had other issues after a second one especially heel issues as the physician probably tightened it up pretty good.

Chuck was asked if he's seen Jake this spring on his twitter.  Chuck very carefully said he's got a long road back and to not write him off.  Did not mention any Burger sightings.

You know how easy it would be for the Sox to post a video of Jake Burger taking soft toss and clear all this up?   Very easy if Jake was around.  Guess they could try a "deep fake".

9 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Chuck was asked if he's seen Jake this spring on his twitter.  Chuck very carefully said he's got a long road back and to not write him off.  Did not mention any Burger sightings.

You know how easy it would be for the Sox to post a video of Jake Burger taking soft toss and clear all this up?   Very easy if Jake was around.  Guess they could try a "deep fake".

Hopefully they have better things to do than consider the conspiracy theories of message board people.

13 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Why are you so concerned? The minute it was reported he tore his achilles again, you said he was done. I bet you are a very loud person.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

Hopefully they have better things to do than consider the conspiracy theories of message board people.

It could be that his road back is so long they might be waiting for a lot of media to depart when the season begins so it isn't Jake Burger update every day.

20 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

It could be that his road back is so long they might be waiting for a lot of media to depart when the season begins so it isn't Jake Burger update every day.

Long road back?  He will turn 24 in a month.  He doesn’t have much road left.

There is a lot of complete bullshit in this thread. He's in minor league camp with the other minor leaguers. Matt Spiegel was just talking about how he saw him doing some hitting drills near the backfields. I have no idea what the ETA is to arrive at an affiliate but saying he's not with the team is nonsense. He is in Arizona rehabbing. Whatever that entails. 

• Like 3

On 3/3/2020 at 11:37 AM, chitownsportsfan said:

Not around the team in any capacity right now.  99%  of minor league players are in some form of organized camp right now.   Burger is not.  What does that say?

Where did you get this information? 

16 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Where did you get this information? 

He's been making embarrassing and completely uninformed comments as they relate to Burger since this thread was formed.  

• Quin locked and unlocked this topic
  • Quin locked this topic