FS: Jake Burger: Forgotten, but not (yet) gone

Rankin

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

He didn't post any videos to instagram from camp so he's not there.

Yah, rather he is out vacationing, partying, blowing his signing bonus and getting involved in drugs.

-per chitownsportsfan

When I get back on my computer in an hour I will post a pic of Jake from late January at a packers game with his GF and you guys can tell me if that looks like a guy ready for camp in three weeks. 

I wasn’t going to post it but it’s clear some folks prefer to live in la la land about people and situations in life.  Pic will be up in a bit I’m at the gym avoiding Coronovirus best as possible before work today 

31 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

When I get back on my computer in an hour I will post a pic of Jake from late January at a packers game with his GF and you guys can tell me if that looks like a guy ready for camp in three weeks. 

I wasn’t going to post it but it’s clear some folks prefer to live in la la land about people and situations in life.  Pic will be up in a bit I’m at the gym avoiding Coronovirus best as possible before work today 

Lol what's wrong with this picture?

https://ibb.co/nM9vvtQ

Looks like a guy just enjoying a football game with his significant other.

Screenshot-20200305-121046-Instagram

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

18 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Maybe you shouldn’t follow the dude on social media since you know, you’re making gross assumptions about the man’s commitment to his job based on a  January pic from a football game. Fuck your internet sleuthing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 1

33 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Yes because Tony Gwynn,  Miguel Cabrera, Frank Thomas, CC Sabathia, Prince Fielder and Pablo Sandoval have all shown, if  you are carrying extra pounds, playing baseball won't work. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

You just keep digging the hole deeper.  You are coming off as real jackass and frankly should probably just refrain from commenting on this any further.  

6 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

You just keep digging the hole deeper.  You are coming off as real jackass and frankly should probably just refrain from commenting on this any further.  

Or maybe I speak from personal experience in my early 20s after suffering a career and life setback and dealing with personal adversity?  You don't know me.  Anyways, here's the pic of Jake from late January.  How's he look?  Not like a guy dedicated to putting less pressure on his lower body during his professional career as a baseball player.  Probably because that career is over.

Untitled.jpg

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Or maybe I speak from personal experience in my early 20s after suffering a career and life setback and dealing with personal adversity?  You don't know me.  Anyways, here's the pic of Jake from late January.  How's he look?  Not like a guy dedicated to putting less pressure on his lower body during his professional career as a baseball player.  Probably because that career is over.

Untitled.jpg

Right - so you injured in yourself and had to retire from rec league sports and now all of a sudden are a mental and physical health expert.  Got it.  

I've said it before, I am not counting on anything from Burger.  But the gross generalizations, assumptions and passing along of false information from you in this thread like you actually have a clue what is going in with Burger's rehab are a fucking joke.  

• Thanks 1

You're very angry man about someone speculating on a message board about a player for our favorite team who is from all accounts official or otherwise -- GHOST. 

As for speculating based on his social media as if it's a Cardinal Sin get real: people put things on social media to share it ya know?  I'm not sharing state secrets.  Everything Jake has been up to is right there online for everybody's consumption.  I'm going to put you on ignore and post on other topics including actually contributing to the board by making the over under projections thread.  Have a great day.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

You're very angry man about someone speculating on a message board about a player for our favorite team who is from all accounts official or otherwise -- GHOST. 

As for speculating based on his social media as if it's a Cardinal Sin get real: people put things on social media to share it ya know?  I'm not sharing state secrets.  Everything Jake has been up to is right there online for everybody's consumption.  I'm going to put you on ignore and post on other topics including actually contributing to the board by making the over under projections thread.  Have a great day.

LOL!

32 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Yes because Tony Gwynn,  Miguel Cabrera, Frank Thomas, CC Sabathia, Prince Fielder and Pablo Sandoval have all shown, if  you are carrying extra pounds, playing baseball won't work. 

He's been insisting that he is over weight and out of shape due to his build since they drafted him. He is consistent.

Just like he insists that the elite athletes like JJ Watt and Serena Williams have to be one PEDS because no one can look like that without help.

Genetics plays a large part in what your body is and can't always be changed to a great extent. Or sometimes people have an genetic advantage and can build more muscle and coordination than the average person, thus why they are elite athletes.

He's correct for many people but there are genetic exceptions.

Jake has had a lot of adversity and likely feels pain whenever he tries to baseball. The Sox may be giving him space right now. Maybe he will resume his rehab after camp.

55 minutes ago, ptatc said:

He's been insisting that he is over weight and out of shape due to his build since they drafted him. He is consistent.

Just like he insists that the elite athletes like JJ Watt and Serena Williams have to be one PEDS because no one can look like that without help.

Genetics plays a large part in what your body is and can't always be changed to a great extent. Or sometimes people have an genetic advantage and can build more muscle and coordination than the average person, thus why they are elite athletes.

He's correct for many people but there are genetic exceptions.

JJ Watt is 500% on steroids.

4 hours ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

I mean, Burger does look quite hefty in that photograph. You'd hope a guy would be dedicated to shedding weight after 2 Achilles tears. 

I’m not a doctor, but my guess is it’s hard to do a ton of cardio while rehabbing from two Achilles ruptures.  He did say he was doing quite a bit of swimming though.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m not a doctor, but my guess is it’s hard to do a ton of cardio while rehabbing from two Achilles ruptures.  He did say he was doing quite a bit of swimming though.

Swimming is more then enough. If he gets a calorie deficit going then he can lose weight. No excuses when you are a first round pick. 

2 hours ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Swimming is more then enough. If he gets a calorie deficit going then he can lose weight. No excuses when you are a first round pick. 

Yeah.  He's gotta lose the weight.  There is no way a chubby guy could ever succeed at baseball.

tenor.gif?itemid=14378256

Edited by turnin' two

8 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

It's really difficult to get your heart rate up consistently doing only upper body activity.  His lower extremity restrictions had to be very conservative after 2 tears.  His career could very well be over but to assume it's because he is lazy and doesnt care anymore is a big leap.

• Love 1

• Quin locked and unlocked this topic
  • Quin locked this topic