FS: Jake Burger: Forgotten, but not (yet) gone

Rankin

4 minutes ago, ptatc said:

If you are referring to me, that is not my intention. I don't think we really have had much of a disagreement other than with your stance that PEDs are rampant in sports. I don't think I'm being defensive or sensitive, I just disagree with the issue when it's all opinion.

Not referring to you at all; always respect your opinion and enjoy reading your thoughts. I know you have first hand knowledge of this on the medical side, and I appreciate your insight. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I have said in the past here that if you told me in college that if I took PED's I would have been a professional baseball player I would have taken them like they were tic tacs. The good news for me is no amount of PED's was going to raise my average from 220 to 380. 

And yes, I don't think all athletes suddenly stopped after college. I also don't think usage suddenly ended the year after I graduated.

As for Bolt, come on. Track and Field is riddled with more users than anywhere else. He is dominating those users. Science tells me that what he is doing is unnatural; given that everyone uses though, I wouldn't even view it as cheating. 

How naive can we continue to be? These are the same excuses I heard about Lance Armstrong before it became a fact that he was using; oh, he has an enlarged heart! That's why he's able to beat all these users without using. 

1. This was the view of of NFL players in the 80's and 90's as well. However, the views have shifted as the health concerns have increased awareness of quality of life after football, particularly in light of some recent suicides of players.

2. They would try this in the NFL. However, in their rookie seminar they specifically address that what worked in college will not work in the NFL and why.

3. Science does not say what he is doing in unnatural. As a matter of fact studies done on his unique body length, lever arms and muscle fiber type (which PEDs can't change) reveal why he is unique. Similar to Micheal Phelps, he is 6'4" with the wingspan of someone over 7' and the leg length of someone 5'10". Want to know why he was a great swimmer (PEDs?) he's built with propellers for arms and tiny rudders for legs.

4. Again, I'm not naive to say it can't happen at all. In fact, you could be right on a few of these. My contention is the statements of rampant or majority or that someone "has to be on PEDs." 

As for Lance Armstrong, the only reason he wasn't caught earlier was that EPO could not be detected by Urine samples at the time he was racing. They retroactively, caught him when the technology became available 5 or 6 years later because they saved the samples. None of that can happen now as stated before as they don't need to test for specific substances any longer.

Edited by ptatc

5 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I have never been one to attack people on the internet hiding behind anonymity, and that fact is supported by 4000 posts here in which I do not call people names or attack people just because their opinions differ from mine.

You've actually have on here before. I'll speak on myself towards that regard. Even @DirtySox called you out on it and the mods had to clean it up. You have a real tendency to do so quite a bit here and not recall. Lets not go on the "holier than thou" route Ray. Some posters might pull out receipts. 

• Thanks 4

15 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Lol ok.

Bulk lol. He gained 70 pounds of muscle mass in like 24 months.  

The nfl is riddled with PED use and I have no idea how you could call me "wrong." You were likely one telling people the majority of big leaguers weren't juicing. 

He's 6'5 with an absurdly wide frame. There's a mountain range of territory to pack muscle on a body like that. Also, nobody puts only 70 pounds in muscle alone. Your body needs fat to support that. You will naturally accumulate fat as you pack on muscle. 

A 6'5 guy gaining 70 pounds is like a 5'10 guy (average) packing on half of that. It's not that insane, at all. Weight/muscle gain is relative. 

It's funny... all of these people talking about how they know "the majority of MLB/NFL athletes take steroids!" on the internet. 

I was a D1 athlete, played independent pro ball and now I'm a trainer. I teach athletes how to train for a living. Yet, I've never seen steroids. It's very taboo... especially among athletes. If you're doing that, in 2020? It's with a belly full of shame and behind a closed door. You are not in the majority. Not in the f'ing least. 

I was accused by people of taking steroids in high school simply because of my size. It was ALWAYS either the lazy prick athletes who half assed their weight training and ate like shit. OR... it was people who didn't even play sports... many could have but would rather smoke pot.  It was always the kids who couldn't or didn't want to do it. 

You know... the "I would have gone pro if I didn't hurt my knee" kind of guys. That's what you sound like when you talk about the majority of NFL/MLB being juicers. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Quin locked and unlocked this topic
16 hours ago, SoxAce said:

You've actually have on here before. I'll speak on myself towards that regard. Even @DirtySox called you out on it and the mods had to clean it up. You have a real tendency to do so quite a bit here and not recall. Lets not go on the "holier than thou" route Ray. Some posters might pull out receipts. 

Show me the quite a few times my posts have been cleaned up for attacking a poster personally. This is complete bs. The one time I felt I was being an asshole, I immediately reached out to the poster and apologized.

Not going to waste my time posting somewhere that moderators lie about editing posts and threaten to ban posters. Have a good one.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

Ok. We stopped talking about Jake Burger a long time ago.

If anyone wants to discuss PEDs in sports, go to the pub. If we want to actually discuss Burger's future or what he's doing in Glendale, create a new thread.

• Like 1

• Quin locked this topic