Joc Pederson thoughts

elrockinMT

let me be the first to explain it.  5 years of Aaron Bummer and 2 years of Nomar Mazara > 1 year of Joc Pederson and his 233 career Batting average. Also a bird in the hand meaning if the Betts trade doesn't happen( and its not finalized yet) Pederson probably wouldn't be available and we would be stuck with Adam Engle- Luery Garcia RF.

• Thanks 5

2 hours ago, elrockinMT said:

My question is do we have any angst over not getting Joc and his 30 some homers from the a Dodgers. Seems we were looking at him at one time 

Much angst from me, but even more for not getting both Joc & Maeda for that price. Maeda is going to be a solid number 3 for our rival. Getting those two was my wish from the end of the World Series. Maeda's contract has White Sox all over it. Plus, I want him to get some justice for all the ways the Dodgers screwed with his bonuses. 

2 hours ago, TomPickle said:

Actually, it is good that the White Sox acquired a worse player in Nomar Mazara. Someone will be by shortly to explain why.

Dodgers are sending over starting pitching depth and an OF prospect. You really think all the Angels are giving up is a backup IF?

Edited by soxfan2014

17 hours ago, SoxSteve said:

let me be the first to explain it.  5 years of Aaron Bummer and 2 years of Nomar Mazara > 1 year of Joc Pederson and his 233 career Batting average. Also a bird in the hand meaning if the Betts trade doesn't happen( and its not finalized yet) Pederson probably wouldn't be available and we would be stuck with Adam Engle- Luery Garcia RF.

Was it actually reported that the Dodgers asked for Bummer for Joc from the Sox?

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Joc was available because they upgraded. His price was obviously higher earlier, as they had no MVP level replacement and weren’t looking to move money. But yeah, b**** the Sox didn’t bring Joc in for a year. 

We actually don't know what the price is yet. All that's been reported is Joc, Strippling and a prospect would go to Angels. Only one player has been reported going the other way.

6 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Was it actually reported that the Dodgers asked for Bummer for Joc from the Sox?

Reported by who ? James Fox already mentioned he heard it was Bummer. He's the most reliable ear to the Sox FO here and you weren't buying it.

So I assume you have a list of guys you would believe who will tell you details of a deal that didn't happen ? That's not asking for much.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

He didn’t have a no trade clause as far as I know so it wouldn’t have been his choice.

He didn't but you don't want a "Holywood" guy in Chicago.  Going to the Angels was the perfect fit for him and his wife.  They are more sushi than deep dish. 

30 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

He didn't but you don't want a "Holywood" guy in Chicago.  Going to the Angels was the perfect fit for him and his wife.  They are more sushi than deep dish. 

You really think a guy on a contract year will make a scene/let his location impact his play? We're in freaking Chicago. It's a world class city. He would be just fine.

9 hours ago, ron883 said:

You really think a guy on a contract year will make a scene/let his location impact his play? We're in freaking Chicago. It's a world class city. He would be just fine.

Just kidding you. I guess you never saw the story a few years ago about his wedding. It was Holywood at it's best. John Legend was the "wedding band".